ANother funeral protest

Started by The Biscuit Queen, Jan 11, 2011, 11:49 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

The Biscuit Queen

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/US/01/11/arizona.funeral.westboro/?hpt=Mid

This time those idiots are protesting the funerals of the recent political shooting, including the 9 year old. They are scumbags, those so called churchgoers. Can you imagine having these people picket your baby's funeral??

Sounds like there is a large counter movement to block the protesters that is bridging partylines. I think that is awesome.
he Biscuit Queen
www.thebiscuitqueen.blogspot.com

There are always two extremes....the truth lies in the middle.

outdoors

BRIAN

All they need to do is ignore them. The Westboro Baptist Church is the biggest bunch of attention whores on the planet.
You may sleep soundly at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence upon those who seek to harm you.

CaptDMO

Apparently, Pima County(?) saw fit to enact "emergency legislation" to keep 'em away in this case. Remember, it's NOT just a nine year old girl that happened to be born on 9/11, and President Obama will be making a special speaking engagement.

'Course, if one watches liberal talking heads (Olby), the implication is that this emergency  legislation (apparently not appropriate elsewhere for the honor of dead soldiers) is to keep those eeeeevil conservatives , (ahem...like me, as INSTANTLY and falsely impugned by the sheriff, Kos, Sullivan, and other SELECT legislators and jurno-pundits), -at bay. 

The Biscuit Queen

What little I have seen, no one, conservative, liberal or in between agreed with the protest and everyone banded together to get this emergency legislation enacted.

I hear Elena Keegan, the newest court justice, actually is suggesting this be federal law. As a side note, she actually noted that by banning the protesters based on what the signs said would open up the government to controlling political discourse, which she felt was unconstitutional. She suggested a blanket yardage from any funeral would be more appropriate. This is not the first case I have heard where she made a very smart, cool decision based on the constitution. I may have misjudged her.
he Biscuit Queen

TheManOnTheStreet

BQ,

Even a broken clock is correct twice a day...

TMOTS
The Man On The Street is on the street for a reason.......

The Biscuit Queen

I am waiting for a case which is more controversial to find out where she stands. However, she could have started a trend of banning conservative messages (starting with wackjob out in right stratosphere but moving closer to norm) but she did not. I will give her a chance.
he Biscuit Queen

Go Up