Carrie Underwood

Started by The Biscuit Queen, Jan 20, 2011, 03:22 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

The Biscuit Queen

That is knew this was illegal. I cannot think of a song by a man who advocates destruction of property for cheating. In fact, if a man did this he would be considered abusive.

Right now he's probably slow dancing with a bleach blond tramp,
and she's probably getting frisky...
right now, he's probably buying her some fruity little drink cause she can't shoot whiskey...

Right now, he's probably up behind her with a pool-stick, showing her how to shoot a combo...

And he don't know...

That I dug my key into the side of his pretty little souped up 4 wheel drive,
carved my name into his leather seats...
I took a Louisville slugger to both headlights,
slashed a hole in all 4 tires...

Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats.

Right now, she's probably up singing some
white-trash version of Shania karaoke..
Right now, she's probably saying "I'm drunk"
and he's a thinking that he's gonna get lucky,
Right now, he's probably dabbing on 3 dollars worth of that bathroom polo...
And he don't know...

That I dug my key into the side of his pretty little souped up 4 wheel drive,
carved my name into his leather seats,

I might've saved a little trouble for the next girl,
Cause the next time that he cheats...

Oh, you know it won't be on me!

No...not on me
'Cause I dug my key into the side of his pretty little souped up 4 wheel drive,
carved my name into his leather seats...

Oh.. Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats...

Ohh... before he cheats...

he Biscuit Queen
www.thebiscuitqueen.blogspot.com

There are always two extremes....the truth lies in the middle.

Mr. X

Yeah also reminds me of that Alanis Morcette song where she sings about scratching some other guy's back and stalking the heck out her ex lover and sneaking into his house and looking through his underwear drawer.
Feminists - "Verbally beating men like dumb animals or ignoring them is all we know and its not working."

bluegrass

Yeah disgusting.  And actually if you read the lyrics, the story of the song never says he's cheating.  It's all what he might be doing and suggests to attack "Before he Cheats."
"To such females, womanhood is more sacrosanct by a thousand times than the Virgin Mary to popes--and motherhood, that degree raised to astronomic power. They have eaten the legend about themselves and believe it; they live it; they require fealty of us all." -- Philip Wylie, Generation of Vipers

Eviltwin

In the old days women used to sing love songs. Now they sing hate songs. And they can't figure out why men are getting fed up with them. Anyone who thinks they can gain the love, affection and fidelity of another person through intimidation is making a big mistake. It will eventually backfire on them.
Affirmative Action: The federal government takes your job away from you and gives it to a woman. Then she sneers at you because you are unemployed.

AnubisRox

In the old days women used to sing love songs. Now they sing hate songs. And they can't figure out why men are getting fed up with them. Anyone who thinks they can gain the love, affection and fidelity of another person through intimidation is making a big mistake. It will eventually backfire on them.

Unfortunately, it won't backfire if men keep begging for affection from women. The respect for men is so low that it looks like women can't even conceive being romantically involved. For example, the song "Love Song" from Sara Bareilles (I think thats her name) is about how she's not going to write one for her guy because he's not sure if she wants to be with him and she doesn't feel she needs to prove it.

I'm trying to remember a song in the last 10 years where it was a woman expressing her love for a guy. I'm talking Top 40 here. I know independent and smaller labels have them but they have no play on the radio. Well, except for Taylor Swift. She has a song about her love for her boyfriend but is was getting knocked by people because it seemed too "mushy" and "was a precursor to underage sex". I sh*t you not!

You can see the breakdown of song quality through the decades:
80's - Men loving women and women loving men. Occasionally there was a "(s)he did me wrong" song
90's- Men begging and women either taking advantage or he may be worth a romp (see boy bands and NSYNC, SWV, etc)
2000's - now - Men still begging and now women completely hating men. Why? They've been begging since the 90's!!!
ell she turned me into a NEWT!! A newt?! Er..., well I got better.

Billy

Unfortunately, it won't backfire if men keep begging for affection from women. The respect for men is so low that it looks like women can't even conceive being romantically involved. For example, the song "Love Song" from Sara Bareilles (I think thats her name) is about how she's not going to write one for her guy because he's not sure if she wants to be with him and she doesn't feel she needs to prove it.

I'm trying to remember a song in the last 10 years where it was a woman expressing her love for a guy. I'm talking Top 40 here. I know independent and smaller labels have them but they have no play on the radio. Well, except for Taylor Swift. She has a song about her love for her boyfriend but is was getting knocked by people because it seemed too "mushy" and "was a precursor to underage sex". I sh*t you not!

80's - Men loving women and women loving men. Occasionally there was a "(s)he did me wrong" song
90's- Men begging and women either taking advantage or he may be worth a romp (see boy bands and NSYNC, SWV, etc)
2000's - now - Men still begging and now women completely hating men. Why? They've been begging since the 90's!!!
I know what you speak of is mostly true.. but ...
There is one who has sung many loves songs and is still boast of being in love with her husband after decades.  :yikes: Shockingly.

the amazing Celine Dion
It takes time to persuade men to do even what is for their own good.
~Thomas Jefferson

Men don't need women to fulfill themselves spiritually. They only need them to realize they don't need them.
~Henry Makow

AnubisRox

I know what you speak of is mostly true.. but ...
There is one who has sung many loves songs and is still boast of being in love with her husband after decades.  :yikes: Shockingly.

the amazing Celine Dion

Very true. But you hardly hear of her now, unless they talk about how old her kids' father is. I guess that's the point, since she's not like Katy Perry or her kind she got shuffled off into a Vegas lounge act.
ell she turned me into a NEWT!! A newt?! Er..., well I got better.

Cordell Walker

alicia keys still sings beautiful love ballads
"how can you kill women and children?"---private joker
"Easy, ya just dont lead em as much" ---Animal Mother

The Biscuit Queen

There are lots of songs about love, from both men and women, but what I don't like is the hate songs. Both men and women write hate songs, but only women seem to write main stream songs encouraging violence against their ex. Sure some rap and metal songs may be violent, but none of that gets top 40 play, and none of them become america's sweethearts. The closest was Eminem, and he actually now has done an anti-dv song with Rhianna of all people. I was very disappointed as she comes out looking the victim....again.  No one is willing to see that was a case of mutual violence. 
he Biscuit Queen

Quentin0352

I noticed this trend moving years ago and think I even mentioned it here. Also if you ever see the video for the song, she is plain violent. Really it is no different than Good Bye Earl and many movies or etc. It is all about getting revenge on evil men but if a movie was made along those lines about evil women, anything even coming close to that level of violence would mean tons of protests.

The Biscuit Queen

The closest top 40 songs are F*ck You and Hope it Gives You Hell, both songs just saying "good riddence" to the ex girlfriend. Neither has any violence.
he Biscuit Queen

Cordell Walker

The closest top 40 songs are F*ck You and Hope it Gives You Hell, both songs just saying "good riddence" to the ex girlfriend. Neither has any violence.

back in the game GNR had that song "used to love her but I had to kill her"
"how can you kill women and children?"---private joker
"Easy, ya just dont lead em as much" ---Animal Mother

ClarenceClockwork

I know you guys aren't fond of me, but I figured you would like this comment by a feminist friend of mine. I posted this thread and she said this:

"I hate that song. I think the idea of one's partner as property, justifying the destruction of property or the physical assault of one's partner in return for dishonesty, is repugnant. If my partner lied to me about finances I wouldn't ke...y his car, and I consider the difference between lying about one large thing and another to be minimal. His body isn't my property, but we have an understanding that we will not share that part of our lives with others, and dishonesty on either of our parts would be unacceptable, but in the same way as it would be unacceptable for me to go and buy a new car without telling him: it would hide something that affects both of us and put both of us at risk for (in one case, physical, and in another, financial) harm.

Neither justifies assault. I don't know that one can say that partner-as-property is a specifically patriarchal idea, but I would argue that patriarchy certainly doesn't discourage this idea. I would also agree that an instance of a man destroying a woman's property in media would be (rightfully) decried, and that it's unacceptable that there is a double standard. I was similarly disturbed when Elin Nordegren went after Tiger Woods with a golf club: he screwed up, sure, but violence is violence."

ClarenceClockwork

This feminist friend is Jennifer Forester, and she has added this:

"I'd also like to note that it being 'cute' or somehow less destructive when women go apeshit like that is anti-feminist and serves both to demean women and their personal power and to send the message to men that, when they are abused by women, they should suck it up. It hurts everyone."

Still think feminists aren't worth talking to?

neoteny

Still think feminists aren't worth talking to?

You posted this thread where and she commented where?
The spreading of information about the [quantum] system through the [classical] environment is ultimately responsible for the emergence of "objective reality." 

Wojciech Hubert Zurek: Decoherence, einselection, and the quantum origins of the classical

Go Up