Star Maidens

Started by Mr. X, Feb 07, 2011, 11:24 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Mr. X

Star Maidens-Escape to Paradise, 1/3

Ahead of its time? A matriarchy in which men do all the difficult and menial labor while women rule so men escape to come to Earth.
Feminists - "Verbally beating men like dumb animals or ignoring them is all we know and its not working."

The Biscuit Queen

Pretty interesting. So the men in this world do both men's and women's jobs in our world. As well, men are treated as servants, which never was the case in our world. Yet this is supposed to be a reversal of worlds. It really is a reversal of a straw man world.
he Biscuit Queen
www.thebiscuitqueen.blogspot.com

There are always two extremes....the truth lies in the middle.

Galt

Pretty interesting. So the men in this world do both men's and women's jobs in our world. As well, men are treated as servants, which never was the case in our world. Yet this is supposed to be a reversal of worlds. It really is a reversal of a straw man world.

I think it depends on your perspective.

If you hear: "Make me a sandwich" or "Can't you at least pick up around here?" - then you feel like a servant.

But men who hear "You're drafted" and "Get the FUCK out of my Titanic rescue boat, I'M A WOMAN" - never feel like servants.

And frankly, I have seen men who work and also do all the work at home. They exist, just like the long-suffering woman who has to work.

Galt

>>As well, men are treated as servants, which never was the case in our world.<<

That sentence is almost offensive. Good thing that most men will never acknowledge it.

The Biscuit Queen

Galt, I meant as a reverse, women were never treated as servants in this world. The point was that if that movie is a reverse of this world, they created a fictional this world to base the reversal world on.

I said nothing to be offended by, at least not anyone at this board. I didn't think I was that unclear.

he Biscuit Queen

Mr. X

Galt, I meant as a reverse, women were never treated as servants in this world. The point was that if that movie is a reverse of this world, they created a fictional this world to base the reversal world on.

I said nothing to be offended by, at least not anyone at this board. I didn't think I was that unclear.

I didn't get the sense the world was a reversal. There is another video that explains how their planet came to our solar system and the woman narrating smugly says men gladly obeyed and served and did the hard and menial labor but since its clearly a woman telling the story you get the sense that the victors describe history... or in this case herstory.

But its clear from the one guy who got 3 months on surface mining duty for kissing a girl that the men are slaves. That one half thrives at the expense of the other.
Feminists - "Verbally beating men like dumb animals or ignoring them is all we know and its not working."

The Biscuit Queen

The opening said that on earth men ruled, while in the alternate star culture, women ruled. So I concluded it was a reversal world.
he Biscuit Queen

Go Up