Surprise! On Married-Cheating Websites, More Women Cheat than Men Posted

Started by Billy, Apr 06, 2011, 01:50 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Billy

Apr 06, 2011, 01:50 PM Last Edit: Apr 06, 2011, 01:58 PM by Billy
Surprise! On Married-Cheating Websites, More Women Cheat than Men
Apr 5th-11 by Heather Muse

Getty ImagesQuick, picture a "cheater." You probably just conjured up an image of some cad stepping out on his girlfriend or wife (the key word here being "his").

Well, think again.

A new study flips that image around and shows that women are just as likely to cheat, if not more so. In fact, a study by British "married-dating site" Illicit Encounters finds that there are 3.5 cheating women for every man online. The study also found that women are on these affair-seeking sites longer than men, staying on for a little more than a year as opposed to just over six months for guys. (Caveat: Guys usually pay to join these sites, while women ride for free.)

But the Illicit Encounters survey isn't the only one to find that women are cheaters as well. (It takes two to tango, doesn't it?) According to Redbook, one-third of the members of American married-dating site Ashley Madison are women.

What are some of the reasons women cheat? It's usually because they feel neglected or ignored in their primary relationship. Redbook spoke to a woman, "L," who uses Ashley Madison, and she told them her reason for straying outside the marriage was the fact that her husband's hidden financial dealings broke her trust so much that she didn't want to sleep with him anymore.

However, in a different breath, she also tells the magazine, "Nobody was ever going to be better with my kids than my husband," adding that this was a way to get back at him without hurting her children.

Points for creativity, we guess.

~ Is anyone here surprised that women are more likely to cheat?

http://www.mydaily.com/2011/04/05/surprise-on-married-cheating-websites-more-women-cheat-than-me/?icid=main%7Cnetscape%7Cdl10%7Csec3_lnk2%7C208901
It takes time to persuade men to do even what is for their own good.
~Thomas Jefferson

Men don't need women to fulfill themselves spiritually. They only need them to realize they don't need them.
~Henry Makow

Pacman7331

link?

No. Women are naturally more cunning and crafty.

LSBeene

He "broke her trust" financially - and she's "getting back at him" - no mention of how the fact it churns her butter or that she enjoys it.

I mean, look - both genders (all people) self-justify - but I doubt it would be so light an article if it were men - just sayin'.

Steven
'Watch our backs at home, we'll guard the wall over here. You can sleep safe tonight, we'll guard the door."

Isaiah 6:8
"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"

Virtue

Sorry you cant give this any credibility the math doesn't work out....."more men cheat" is false for the same reason that "more women cheat" is false......Math doesn't work that way.
Imagine waking up tomorrow to find
that unbelievably rape is now legal.

You would be freaking out, telling everyone you ran into this is crazy- something needs to be done... now!!! And then every man you told this to just very smugly and condescendingly says...

"Hey... not all men are 'like that.'"

BRIAN

Sorry you cant give this any credibility the math doesn't work out....."more men cheat" is false for the same reason that "more women cheat" is false......Math doesn't work that way.

Well the math from the article was 3.5:1 ratio women to men. But I figured more women cheat because: 1) women have all the sexual power 2) society condones it when women cheat. After all a woman would only cheat because her partner wronged her or didn't attend to her needs.
You may sleep soundly at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence upon those who seek to harm you.

If a larger number of one sex cheats with a smaller number from the other sex (i.e. a straying wife sleeping with a sexually promiscuous alpha male, or a husband sleeping once with a female prostitute), then there really could be a disparity between the sexes in terms of which one of the two is more likely to cheat.

Ricash39

Virtue John is right, when my marriage was breaking up my wife cheated with 4 guys that I know of. "Roadtesting" or ummm "undress rehearsal" more accurately.

There was an ABS statistic in Australia of few years back that women initiate 75% of all divorces, and in 40 of those 75 they already have the new man lined up and in another 5 they already had a new woman lined up. So this article says 3.5:1, the ABS says 4:1 - close enough!

I call this one "sounds about right".
Violence Bad, Respect Good, Truth even better

Captain Courageous

It's a biological imperative. She's got to spread her eggs around to insure bio-cultural diversity and inclusivity and racial/ethnic tolerance and fight the Patriarchy and ...

somebody help me here, I'm running out of cow manure!
:cyclo: :icon_cyclops_ani: :cyclo:

Virtue

If a larger number of one sex cheats with a smaller number from the other sex (i.e. a straying wife sleeping with a sexually promiscuous alpha male, or a husband sleeping once with a female prostitute), then there really could be a disparity between the sexes in terms of which one of the two is more likely to cheat.

The reason why this dosent work is because for every woman like you describe above there is a guy nailing anything that will hold still long enough.....with math, over time it will always average out.......because who are the women sleeping with?.....there not all specifically looking for single guys....if there cheating their  looking for cock.  If the guy is married it gives them an even bigger ego boost.....I am more of a woman than his wife is or he wouldn't be fucking me.

Its the exact same reason why men can't cheat at greater rates than women.....If your cheating on your spouse, uneless you suddenly turned homosexual, here.

If there are 10 men and 10 women in a room and half the men are having sex with women in the room then half the women in the room are having sex with the men in the room.

For every scenario where one woman has sex with multiple men there is a man having sex with multiple women (on average)

Does that make sense?

You would be freaking out, telling everyone you ran into this is crazy- something needs to be done... now!!! And then every man you told this to just very smugly and condescendingly says...

outdoors

It's a biological imperative. She's got to spread her eggs around to insure bio-cultural diversity and inclusivity and racial/ethnic tolerance and fight the Patriarchy and ...

lol

neoteny

If there are 10 men and 10 women in a room and half the men are having sex with women in the room then half the women in the room are having sex with the men in the room.

If it is a swinger party, yes; there are copulations going on in parallel. If everyone -- even couples -- stay home, two of the dudes can easily visit six of the women in the span of a week.

For every scenario where one woman has sex with multiple men there is a man having sex with multiple women (on average)

No, women are choosier, especially in selecting lovers. They don't (necessarily) envy the other women who get the seed from the same stud as long as they themselves are getting enough of it. They watch their husbands like hawks, though, so he doesn't blow his wad, literally & figuratively, on some other bimbo.

Does that make sense?

I'm sincerely sorry to bring bad news, but it is true: a minority of men are screwing the majority of women... while lots of women fuck, literally & figuratively, their husbands.
The spreading of information about the [quantum] system through the [classical] environment is ultimately responsible for the emergence of "objective reality." 

Wojciech Hubert Zurek: Decoherence, einselection, and the quantum origins of the classical

Virtue

Neo were talking about math not sociology.......Math only has one answer.

neoteny

Neo were talking about math not sociology.......Math only has one answer.

All right: cheating is not an one-to-one mapping.
The spreading of information about the [quantum] system through the [classical] environment is ultimately responsible for the emergence of "objective reality." 

Wojciech Hubert Zurek: Decoherence, einselection, and the quantum origins of the classical

Billy

You forgot the all important "And you know all women do it"

There now it's justified for all women and we must man up and deal with it rationally.
It takes time to persuade men to do even what is for their own good.
~Thomas Jefferson

Men don't need women to fulfill themselves spiritually. They only need them to realize they don't need them.
~Henry Makow

Go Up