Stripper Who Ran Over and Dragged Man to Death Sentenced to 10 Years

Started by Billy, Apr 08, 2011, 06:47 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Billy

Stripper Who Ran Over and Dragged Man to Death Sentenced to 10 Years
Apr 8, 2011 - 5:51 PM .

Kristina Hensley, the 35-year-old stripper from Ohio who killed a client by knocking him down with her car and dragging him more than a mile, has been sentenced to 10 years behind bars.

Butler County Common Pleas Judge Keith Spaeth handed down the maximum sentence, citing victim Jae Cho's "ghastly" and "horrible death."

"I think this defendant, in her way, is remorseful, but at the same time, I think [her actions were] extremely callous," the judge said, according to The Cincinnati Enquirer.

The charges in the case stemmed from an August incident in which Hensley, an exotic dancer from Higginsport, about 55 miles south of Cincinnati, had gone to Cho's Monroe home to perform a private dance.

Hensley later told police that Cho had touched her inappropriately and that when she attempted to leave, he jumped in front of her Ford Explorer. Hensley said she was unaware she struck Cho and did not realize he was being dragged underneath her vehicle until she stopped at a gas station more than a mile away and an attendant discovered his body under the SUV. Cho, 31, was pronounced dead at the scene.

According to The Associated Press, the mother of three sons, ages 13, 8 and 7, was initially charged with fleeing the scene of an accident. However, in September, a grand jury indicted Hensley and charged her with murder, aggravated robbery, failure to stop after an accident and theft.

While in jail, Hensley allegedly bragged to other inmates that she had robbed Cho and was aware that he was under her vehicle when she sped off. Jailhouse informants told police Hensley said she was unsuccessful in attempts to dislodge his body from under the vehicle.

Facing a possible sentence of life in prison, Hensley entered into a deal with prosecutors in February, pleading guilty to involuntary manslaughter and failure to stop, the Journal-News of Hamilton reported.

On Thursday, Hensley's lawyer, Jeremy Evans, asked Judge Spaeth for probation or, at the most, the minimum sentence of three years in prison.

"She did not intend to kill him. ... Everything went crazy that night," Evans said in court.

Sponsored LinksHensley also addressed the court on her own behalf.

"I never had any intention whatsoever for Mr. Cho to get hurt ... I relive what happened every day," she said.

Unmoved by Hensley's claims of regret, Cho's brother, Blue Ash police officer Jun Cho, urged Spaeth to give Hensley the maximum sentence.

"My brother's life is worth more than 10 years, Your Honor, but that's what we're stuck with," Jun Cho said.
-
Spaeth ultimately sided with the Cho family, telling Hensley, "This court has no choice."
http://www.aolnews.com/2011/04/08/stripper-kristina-hensley-sentenced-to-10-years-for-running-over/?icid=main%7Cnetscape%7Cdl1%7Csec3_lnk2%7C209258]
[url]http://www.aolnews.com/2011/04/08/stripper-kristina-hensley-sentenced-to-10-years-for-running-over/?icid=main%7Cnetscape%7Cdl1%7Csec3_lnk2%7C209258
[/url]

---------------------------------
Is that a pussy pass sticking out of your purse?
Light sentence for gal boasting about robbing and killing a man.

It takes time to persuade men to do even what is for their own good.
~Thomas Jefferson

Men don't need women to fulfill themselves spiritually. They only need them to realize they don't need them.
~Henry Makow

fursfur

I think we should be careful about assuming she got a pussy pass in this instance. According to article she got the maximum sentence allowed under what she was charged and convicted of. If she had robbed, shot him and killed him with a gun then the charges would be different and I think the upper limits would be considerably higher.

Quentin0352

That one got a lot of play around here and you should have seen all the news stories that were very careful to show her side of the story and etc. It is good that the judge here didn't buy it and that she had others in prison that dropped dimes or she would have gotten away with it.

Billy

I think we should be careful about assuming she got a pussy pass in this instance. According to article she got the maximum sentence allowed under what she was charged and convicted of. If she had robbed, shot him and killed him with a gun then the charges would be different and I think the upper limits would be considerably higher.
You're right. We will have to wait and see if her pussy pass is effective in the near future.

Will her sentence be reduced and her term shortened by early parole?
10 years isn't much for a murder. Whether it's from a knife a gun or a car.
It's still a murder
~Thomas Jefferson

Men don't need women to fulfill themselves spiritually. They only need them to realize they don't need them.
~Henry Makow

LSBeene

A few telling points:

1)  No where was HIS family interviewed, or even a mention of his life to flesh him out as a real feeling human being.

2)  She tried the victim ploy - but turns out she tried to rob him.  That's not remorse - that's remorse she got caught.

3)  Shades of Crystal Mangum - who tried, after robbing a lap dance customer, to run over a cop.

Steven
'Watch our backs at home, we'll guard the wall over here. You can sleep safe tonight, we'll guard the door."

Isaiah 6:8
"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"

neoteny

2)  She tried the victim ploy - but turns out she tried to rob him.  That's not remorse - that's remorse she got caught.

Yup.
The spreading of information about the [quantum] system through the [classical] environment is ultimately responsible for the emergence of "objective reality." 

Wojciech Hubert Zurek: Decoherence, einselection, and the quantum origins of the classical

AnubisRox

Oh, that poor girl. Another victim of the patriarchy!  :pino:
ell she turned me into a NEWT!! A newt?! Er..., well I got better.

Quentin0352

But, but but, she was beign EXPLOITED by him and she was trying to earn a living! The poor thing should be harolded as a fighter for the cause of stopping the exploitation of women instead of jailed for killing a guy she robbed as a stripper!

TheManOnTheStreet

Uhm...

"...when she attempted to leave, he jumped in front of her Ford Explorer. Hensley said she was unaware she struck Cho..."

Really?  This is her excuse?

TMOTS
The Man On The Street is on the street for a reason.......

Cordell Walker

while 10 years for a homocide might appear like a pussy pass in action, especially to those looking at it from a MRA perspective, I dont think its right to jump to that conclusion. Throughout my 33 years on this earth, I've read about and met many people, men and women, who have recieved what appeared to be exceedingly light sentences for murder/manslaughter.
I remember one case from fort worth back in the 90s where this guy caught his wife and some other dude in his bed, he pulled out his pistol, unloaded, and when it jammed he went to the living room, got his rifle, and finished the job............he got 8 years "shock probation". And I have personally met serveral people who have gotten 10, 25, and 15 year sentences for second degree murder
"how can you kill women and children?"---private joker
"Easy, ya just dont lead em as much" ---Animal Mother

Billy

while 10 years for a homocide might appear like a pussy pass in action, especially to those looking at it from a MRA perspective, I dont think its right to jump to that conclusion. Throughout my 33 years on this earth, I've read about and met many people, men and women, who have recieved what appeared to be exceedingly light sentences for murder/manslaughter.
I remember one case from fort worth back in the 90s where this guy caught his wife and some other dude in his bed, he pulled out his pistol, unloaded, and when it jammed he went to the living room, got his rifle, and finished the job............he got 8 years "shock probation". And I have personally met serveral people who have gotten 10, 25, and 15 year sentences for second degree murder
You're right. The guy catching his wife in bed would often get off with the crime of passion plea right?

I think she deserved it and so did the bastard pluging the whore in the cheated mans bed..
~Thomas Jefferson

~Henry Makow

Go Up