The Roots of Racism

Started by neoteny, Apr 16, 2011, 08:47 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Billy

As Shem means "dusky," or the like, and Japheth "fair," it has been supposed that Ham meant, as is not improbable, "black." This is supported by the evidence of Hebrew and Arabic, in which the word chamam means "to be hot" and "to be black," the latter signification being derived from the former. All were Hebrew as sons of Abraham.

according to strongs:
Shem, pron. Sham and means 'Name'
Ham, means 'Hot'
Japeth means 'Expansion'

So miscegenation as it relates to early Judaism holds to the religious identity and not the ethnicity or color of ones' skin unless of course apples are oranges' and oranges' are apples.

Much confusion exist concerning Judaism.
Early roots of the Hebrews religion was not Judaism. Judaism didn't came about after Christianity began around the time of the second captivity of Babylon.

the religion of Abraham, Moses and David should have been called Hebraism.
Christ called the religion of the Jews the traditions of the Elders and he condemned the teachings which deviated greatly from Hebrew scriptures.
It was a new religion.

Edomites moved to the land of Hebron after Judeans were captured by the Babylonians. (ref. Wiki on Edom)
They have even admitted this and they took control of Judea. They were called Jews.
2nd Kings 16. The Jews were living in Elath while Judah ruled Jerusalem and Judea. Two distinct peoples who eventually began to fight each other. See book of Maccrabees.

That there has always been ethnic species of homo sapiens which have become extinct, absorbed or exterminated -  just as new ones have emerged makes us really no different than other species of mammals. To pretend that some have been around longer, are smarter or have more resilience than others seem to be the general group think now days but hey we keep evolving despite ourselves. There will always been men and women too, that like a little or a lot of pepper in their salt just as there will always be those that preach and practice against race mixing- even in this melting pot society.

DLove

I respectfully disagree.

To pretend that all races are as intelligent as the next race shows ignorance on the subject matter.
I would rather not get into that subject but will reject this falsehood.

It takes time to persuade men to do even what is for their own good.
~Thomas Jefferson

Men don't need women to fulfill themselves spiritually. They only need them to realize they don't need them.
~Henry Makow

User 0

I have to say, saying all races are precisely as intelligent, physically capable, etc, as other races makes as much sense as saying the same about different dog breeds.  Some dogs are more easily trainable, some pull sleds better than others, some bite harder. 

DLove

Since I had a good night rest and in a relatively good mood, I won't take umbrage to your ignorance statement. However without debating intelligence, I will for the sake of posterity reiterate my point about current group think - especially on the ever present subjective definition which race is smarter or has more marbles. The mere impossibility or gall that one could determine, and with who's yardstick, a definitive answer belies the limit of our real absolute knowledge we humans possess currently and in the past both qualitatively and quantitatively. That alone, whiles not enough to keep from trying but should rather serve to keep many of us from taking ourselves too seriously.

As to the practicing race separatist at USC, ain't no wrong or right. It could be considered as both a loss because perhaps they might their only chance in their short lives to mix socially with other ethnic groups and a net gain as they possibly could learn invaluable insight into their own ethnic paradigm. Not really too much different than English speaking capable Latins who to our dismay speak Spanish in public spaces or the public indiscretion of the trailer trash on Jerry Springer, or even the despicable way we as a nation treat the homeless - mostly men that have fallen on hard times.

Let's not give too much credence to the media for its ability to foster anxiety, mistrust and ...remember "group think".

We can always disagree but there is never a reason to use some ad hominem flavor to serve as validity.

User 0, my point exactly by what standards, by who's definition...hard to be objective especially if you have a vested interest. The best we could get is for a particular task in most cases some dogs would perform better than others

DLove

Galt

The mere impossibility or gall that one could determine, and with who's yardstick, a definitive answer belies the limit of our real absolute knowledge we humans possess currently and in the past both qualitatively and quantitatively.

I don't know - I've met people who are incredibly stupid, and I've met people who are very bright - and I suspect they would roughly play out in their respective areas on an IQ test, although it is absolutely not certain. Maybe the problem is that psychologists are designing them, and they are not at the top of the heap in terms of intelligence (LOL).

But as a Caucasian - who is supposedly lower in intelligence to Asians - I still think there is something there with races. OF COURSE individuals vary widely. But we're talking about averages of groups.

Galt

To the people who think that "black culture" doesn't exist in the USA:

Could you guess a race with a probability of great than 50/50 with regard to the following names:

Shaneqqua Jackson
Penelope Ariel Ponyweather

Which is black and which is white? I would have no clue.

Billy

To the people who think that "black culture" doesn't exist in the USA:

Could you guess a race with a probability of great than 50/50 with regard to the following names:

Shaneqqua Jackson
Penelope Ariel Ponyweather

Which is black and which is white? I would have no clue.
You can't be serious?
lol
~Thomas Jefferson

Men don't need women to fulfill themselves spiritually. They only need them to realize they don't need them.
~Henry Makow

Billy

The mere impossibility or gall that one could determine, and with who's yardstick, a definitive answer belies the limit of our real absolute knowledge we humans possess currently and in the past both qualitatively and quantitatively.

I don't know - I've met people who are incredibly stupid, and I've met people who are very bright - and I suspect they would roughly play out in their respective areas on an IQ test, although it is absolutely not certain. Maybe the problem is that psychologists are designing them, and they are not at the top of the heap in terms of intelligence (LOL).

But as a Caucasian - who is supposedly lower in intelligence to Asians - I still think there is something there with races. OF COURSE individuals vary widely. But we're talking about averages of groups.
It is my opinion that many Asians have great concentration and the teaching habits for their kids isn't influenced by feminist teachers or wacko liberals which could help with overall IQ.

~Thomas Jefferson

~Henry Makow

PaulGuelph

There will always be racism.

When I say that we need to reduce immigration levels, I am called 'racist'.

When I say that everyone should be treated equally for government programs and jobs, I am called 'racist'.

I am told that it is not good enough to accept millions of immigrants taking over my country, I must embrace them to avoid being called 'racist'.

If someone said that I was hired because I was white, I would say 'great!'. My turn to catch a break. Why must I always be the last in line? Maybe racism could work in my favour for once?
Men's Movie Guide:  http://www.mensmovieguide.com   The Healing Tomb: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081N1X145

Billy

If someone said that I was hired because I was white, I would say 'great!'. My turn to catch a break. Why must I always be the last in line? Maybe racism could work in my favour for once?
Not a chance!
You see Racist don't deserve a break.

{end sarcasm}

:dontknow:

The same hidden powers that shove feminism on our world pushes affirmative action to help everybody but White males
But there is always that military opportunity waiting so join up and go fight for some corporate interest.
~Thomas Jefferson

~Henry Makow

DLove

But as a Caucasian - who is supposedly lower in intelligence to Asians = group think myth.

Many not all Asian have a unique system of exploiting the current education system in their favor through the use of consolidating and concentrating their human capital and at an early age  establishing for their a proven system using  psychological practices that results in good learning habits and a high desire to forgo self-pleasure to attain a desired goal. Most other ethnic races are aware of these techniques but opt not to use them or use them incorrectly. As some studies are now finding out this process many times produces a different type of family strife not found in the rest of the culture.

To be sure there are stupid people and there are smart people but to apply that premise to ethnic races in general is a road filled with too many pot holes.

I am not an advocate of affirmative action but the difficulties white males are having has less to do with  AA as it applies to minorities than it does with the shrinking of the middle class and a loss of "good jobs" as well as the decline in real wages. The AA of all women in the workplace - who are not disadvantaged,  an original component for qualification, makes our country greatest population of workers - white men compete directly against them. Certainly included in this dilemma would be fifty years of unchecked immigration. Where Pedro might have come here to pick fruit his children and his children's children certainly are not found in the fields as evidence through their current dominance in once white dominated areas - construction, maintenance, local truck driving, social services ect, yet to come nursing/ health services and business management. So the future prospects for white men indeed look grim.

Dlove

Billy

But as a Caucasian - who is supposedly lower in intelligence to Asians = group think myth.

Many not all Asian have a unique system of exploiting the current education system in their favor through the use of consolidating and concentrating their human capital and at an early age  establishing for their a proven system using  psychological practices that results in good learning habits and a high desire to forgo self-pleasure to attain a desired goal. Most other ethnic races are aware of these techniques but opt not to use them or use them incorrectly. As some studies are now finding out this process many times produces a different type of family strife not found in the rest of the culture.

To be sure there are stupid people and there are smart people but to apply that premise to ethnic races in general is a road filled with too many pot holes.

I am not an advocate of affirmative action but the difficulties white males are having has less to do with  AA as it applies to minorities than it does with the shrinking of the middle class and a loss of "good jobs" as well as the decline in real wages. The AA of all women in the workplace - who are not disadvantaged,  an original component for qualification, makes our country greatest population of workers - white men compete directly against them. Certainly included in this dilemma would be fifty years of unchecked immigration. Where Pedro might have come here to pick fruit his children and his children's children certainly are not found in the fields as evidence through their current dominance in once white dominated areas - construction, maintenance, local truck driving, social services ect, yet to come nursing/ health services and business management. So the future prospects for white men indeed look grim.

Dlove

I agree wholeheartedly. Yes it is definitely a myth about the Asians. Else there wouldn't be so many poor Asian countries.
Many still have great concentration skills. Who do you think is responsible for creating this myth?
I won't touch that one for now.

It is also a myth that they are such hard workers.
My boss hired a Korean guy to do some work and he said something to the effect of... "They say Asians are real hard workers."
They is no doubt that this is also a myth and not every Asian goes above and beyond whats necessary to get a job done and my boss found out.

I see White males competing for yard work, painting jobs and other low paying jobs against who else? Mexicans and other South Americans.
Basic slave labor is what's left and it's a struggle to find work for the uneducated male and even many educated that don't want to work the almost mandatory 70 hours for a management job..
My oldest son found out that companies will used them like bots in mgt positions. They were working him with one day off every few weeks. 12 to 14 hours with false promises of big bonuses.
The corporations can be abusive because there are not any protections for workers and plenty of workers needing a job. The system is screwed.

~Thomas Jefferson

~Henry Makow

User 0

I would just like to point out that calling something "group think" does not necessarily make it so, and even if it is, does not necessarily make it incorrect.  Using the term as a rebuttal seems like a kind of shaming language. 

Billy

I think the group think is similar to politically correctness.
They use that as shaming language also.

It's becoming politically correct to mix with other races.

~Thomas Jefferson

~Henry Makow

neoteny

... and we've reached full circle: the quote was about the same people advocating separation for blacks who are advocating inclusiveness for whites.
The spreading of information about the [quantum] system through the [classical] environment is ultimately responsible for the emergence of "objective reality." 

Wojciech Hubert Zurek: Decoherence, einselection, and the quantum origins of the classical

DLove

Groupthink is a type of thought within a deeply cohesive in-group whose members try to minimize conflict and reach consensus without critically testing, analyzing, and evaluating ideas. It is a second potential negative consequence of group cohesion.

Absolutely, political correctness is sustained by groupthink.

I apologized if you misunderstood my use of the word to be shaming...that was not my intention. The actual concept is a gambit, an understanding of how beliefs and rationalizations are manufactured and not our own conclusions.

The subtle yet daily drumming of what you should wear, eat, say, do, have, own, feel, be, dream, look like, admire, fantasize and lastly believe is an incessant march toward sameness without exception. The media speaks and since it is a one-way communication tool, conversation is impossible but the human mind...in its frailty is unable to stop or prevent this ultimate mind control machine.

As an old BBS'r  I too witnessed the birth and growth of the internet and it's uncanny present day  mimic of TV and the same propaganda. Group Think......yea tell the same lie or rationalization enough times most will be convince that if everyone believes it and sounds sensible it must be real and or true and will believe they came to that conclusion on their own.

Quote from: Billy on Today at 09:39:01 PM

I guess I just don't get it. Some have always been cool with it and some have always been opposed. That mainstream does a story on a few isolated black student  separatists at a major university as if it is contrary to the group think idea of openness and inclusiveness in all aspect of every person's life regardless of race as best, seem to me is just the media doing what it does per my statement above. Nothing to see here folks move along. Just the media creating shame, conflict and suspicion.  Night all.

DLove

Go Up