NOW never ceases to amaze

Started by Mr. X, May 15, 2011, 09:00 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Mr. X

http://www.now.org/issues/economic/social/050311WorkTilWeDie.html

On April 28, hundreds of NOW activists and allies gathered around the country to make sure politicians know that women "do not want to work until we drop!" About a dozen actions in various states drove home the message that NOW opposes increasing the retirement age to 69 years -- something that conservatives in Congress are pushing. Activists also protested the proposed dismantling of Medicare and block-granting of Medicaid.

So again more evidence that feminism is the biggest user of patriarchy. They don't want independence or responsibility. They want a buffet table. Since women now live to be around 83 they want close to 20 years of paid for retirement. All these entitlements from the state. So they chucked men out of their lives and replaced men with government.

Social security was only set up for WOMEN (since men pretty much bit the dust at 60) since SOME women lived past 63 and only a few years more. SS age should always have been going up. It should be around 78-80 by now.

And look at their main page. Its all ME ME ME ME ME. Heck I just saw an article about a Saudi woman defying the law and driving a car, that's what made me go to NOW to see if they praised her. Instead no mention of her and all these ME ME ME ME articles.

Feminists - "Verbally beating men like dumb animals or ignoring them is all we know and its not working."

neoteny

Ah, so they want their daughters & granddaughters to finance their retirement.
The spreading of information about the [quantum] system through the [classical] environment is ultimately responsible for the emergence of "objective reality." 

Wojciech Hubert Zurek: Decoherence, einselection, and the quantum origins of the classical

Quentin0352

Look carefully!

make sure politicians know that women "do not want to work until we drop!"

In other words, if the increase had been on men alone, they would have supported it since making MEN work until they drop to support WOMEN is perfectly acceptable.

dr e

Look carefully!

make sure politicians know that women "do not want to work until we drop!"

In other words, if the increase had been on men alone, they would have supported it since making MEN work until they drop to support WOMEN is perfectly acceptable.

Indeed!
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

LSBeene

IF they were sincere about any semblence of equality - the NOW cows would mention, just MENTION that men die, freaking DIE on average of 7 years earlier.

So, if they were interested in equality and fairness, they'd want men to be able to retire and get paid 7 years earlier.

I'm not advocating this, nor am I a big fan of SS in it's present form.

Point being: they want the young and specifically men to pay for their "golden years" - while knowing full well, that by the time those same men and women get to that age there will be no such program, and instead the next generation will only have debt.

Me, me, me is right.

Steven
'Watch our backs at home, we'll guard the wall over here. You can sleep safe tonight, we'll guard the door."

Isaiah 6:8
"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"

BRIAN

They don't want to work till they drop but they do want men to work like galley slaves paying off the national debt.
You may sleep soundly at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence upon those who seek to harm you.

davis2ab

Giving women the right to vote was a mistake.

TheManOnTheStreet

No giving special interest womens groups a voice over the general public is a mistake.

TMOTS
The Man On The Street is on the street for a reason.......

Mr. X

I think having a vote but not removing the patriarchy protection was a mistake. That puts women in a unique position that they can vote for stuff but men are obligated to supply them. Can't have a vote without equal responsibility. Its like women voting to go to war. If women don't fight in war and can't be drafted then its a bit unfair they can vote to send men to war.
Feminists - "Verbally beating men like dumb animals or ignoring them is all we know and its not working."

neoteny

The spreading of information about the [quantum] system through the [classical] environment is ultimately responsible for the emergence of "objective reality." 

Wojciech Hubert Zurek: Decoherence, einselection, and the quantum origins of the classical

Go Up