20,000 Illegals at large in Toronto, Ontario, Canada (OT)

Started by PaulGuelph, Jul 07, 2011, 06:56 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

PaulGuelph

http://www.torontosun.com/2011/07/07/20000-illegals-hunted-in-gta

"MISSISSAUGA - Canadian border officials have launched a massive sweep for 20,000 illegal immigrants -- many desperate to avoid deportation -- who are hiding in the Greater Toronto Area.

The crackdown includes warrants for up to 50 notorious war criminals and 1,400 hardened foreign criminals who are sought by an Immigration Task Force that includes the RCMP, Toronto Police and OPP, said a top official of the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA).

"These people did not comply or report to immigration officials as required (by law)," said Reg Williams, director of CBSA inland enforcement in the GTA Region. "These are warrants for people that we are actively looking for."

Williams said many of the alleged war criminals arrived in Canada as refugee claimants from the Baltic countries, Africa and Central America. Efforts are made to revoke their refugee claims and deport them after their backgrounds surface...."

If there are 20,000 that they know about, probably another 50,000 they don't know about. How many in the whole country?
Men's Movie Guide:  http://www.mensmovieguide.com   The Healing Tomb: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081N1X145

neoteny

The centre is using a biometric telephone system that recognizes the immigrant's voice, after pre-registering, when they call to check in.

That's pretty amazing considering that the phone system carries only 300-3000 Hz frequencies (while HiFi is 20-20,000 Hz).
The spreading of information about the [quantum] system through the [classical] environment is ultimately responsible for the emergence of "objective reality." 

Wojciech Hubert Zurek: Decoherence, einselection, and the quantum origins of the classical

dr e

I think the range for the human voice is pretty close to 150- 3300 Hz with a sharp rolloff after 3000.  Pretty interesting technology if they can do it.  Lots of possible applications but the chance of being oppressive is pretty high...
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

BRIAN

Only 20000? Shit we got 12-22 million here in the USA. Canada needs to take it's fair share, we will send you some of ours.
You may sleep soundly at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence upon those who seek to harm you.

neoteny

Only 20000? Shit we got 12-22 million here in the USA. Canada needs to take it's fair share, we will send you some of ours.

The 20K is only in the GTA (not that there are many other "urban jungles" to hide in here, maybe Vancouver & Montreal).

In twenty-odd years, this is the first article which I recall being about illegal immigration in Canada (asylum seekers were always an issue, especially with huge backlogs waiting for their hearing). They must be coming through the USA as we don't have a border with anyone else.  :greener:
The spreading of information about the [quantum] system through the [classical] environment is ultimately responsible for the emergence of "objective reality." 

Wojciech Hubert Zurek: Decoherence, einselection, and the quantum origins of the classical

BRIAN

They are comming right through the Canadian airports. you guys let anybody in except for Eminem, Anne Coulter and Chuck Zito.
You may sleep soundly at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence upon those who seek to harm you.

neoteny

They are comming right through the Canadian airports. you guys let anybody in

I wouldn't know; the only time I've arrived to a Canadian airport as a non-citizen was when I emigrated here on an IMM1000 visa. That was checked in Munich before boarding. My passport number was recorded on the visa, but one digit was wrong. The woman (from the Canadian Embassy's immigration section, I guess) who noticed it called over her supervisor, a guy: he looked at it, picked up a pen and fixed the wrong digit on the visa. Just like that, no putzing around. I'm not sure it would go down the same way nowadays.

People who get off a plane at a Canadian airport can apply for refugee status (asylum application) and they're taken seriously enough that they can stay and go through the application process. Obviously some are gaming the system; they quickly disappear, either to the States or going to ground in Canada. Here employers always ask for one's SIN # (the equivalent of SS #) -- and sometimes demand to see/photocopy the actual card -- plus the famed "free" health insurance requires a provincially issued health card.

I'm sure that there are illegal immigrants in Canada, but not at the ratio to population as in the States.

Go Up