Hardcore gamer kids tend to have low opinions of parents

Started by outdoors, Sep 11, 2011, 01:46 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

outdoors

"We do know that video-gaming is a way of having other needs met, especially for boys, but some girls, too," she said. "It gives them a sense of control, a sense of mastery, it allows them to connect with others in a social way that they may be more comfortable with.

Read more: http://www.canada.com/news/Hardcore+gamer+kids+tend+have+opinions+parents+study/5383832/story.html#ixzz1Xg9UIceY

neoteny

lead researcher Linda Jackson, a professor of psychology

[...]

Nancy Lee Heath, a psychology professor

[...]

Wendy Craig, a psychology professor

The field of child psychology got feminized, it seems...
The spreading of information about the [quantum] system through the [classical] environment is ultimately responsible for the emergence of "objective reality." 

Wojciech Hubert Zurek: Decoherence, einselection, and the quantum origins of the classical

The Biscuit Queen

So what about when you are playing multi player Diablo for hours WITH your parents?  Does that mean we have a poor opinion of each other?
he Biscuit Queen
www.thebiscuitqueen.blogspot.com

There are always two extremes....the truth lies in the middle.

AnubisRox

So what about when you are playing multi player Diablo for hours WITH your parents?  Does that mean we have a poor opinion of each other?

Only if you have no problem using cheat codes.
ell she turned me into a NEWT!! A newt?! Er..., well I got better.

Larivee

Nah you just get the scorn of your grandparents. As per my case.

Go Up