Feminist's "Tough Shit" Position re: False Rape (COMMENTS SORELY NEEDED)

Started by Captain Courageous, Sep 22, 2011, 02:53 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Captain Courageous

Basically that person claimed that they had both been raped and been falsely accused of rape and both scarred them deeply. They were using their personal experiences to argue that false rape accusations can be just as bad as being raped. So I wrote...

Were you convicted? Same thing can happen for being convicted of murder, or any other serious crime.
[ES&D you lameass!!]

Not to mention that this is not necessarily what happens to all who are accused of rape. Much of the time, the rape victim is not believed at all, their tale trivialized, or they are victim-blamed.

Yes, it sucks to be considered guilty for something you didn't do. If there's enough evidence to convict you, it can totally ruin a life and nobody deserves that. But accusing someone of rape is nothing compared to being raped.
[So falsely accusing someone is no big deal?]  :rolle:

Simply being falsely accused does not always lead to anything bad happening. Being raped always leaves permanent scars.

The basic point is that the results of fale accusation and rapes always vary. Some victims might take it better than others. But rape, on average, has far far worse results and occurs with far higher frequency.   :angryfire:

Finally, within the current system there is a kind of zero sum effect between false rape accusations and actual rapes. We're still at a point in time where many kind of rapes are not considered "rape-rape" (as some clueless media personas have called it) and there's still a huge amount of rapes that don't see justice because the victim was afraid to come out for fear of being accused and victim blamed. By making the culture more focused on false-rape accusations (i.e. more skeptic towards accusations of rape), is just going to make victim blaming even worse and thus more women are unlikely to even come out.

There is no perfect solution within the sociopolitical system we live in (which is why, and others, are rather radical about the change we need to have). But until then, I find it absurd to compare something that happens to something like 0.5% (or was it 0.05%? fairly small anyway as it only affects around 2%-8% of rape accusations) of males and has on average very little consequences, to something that happens to 15%-25% (statistic vary, but it's a fucking lot) of females, causes horrible psychological damage, and is so permeating that it affects the lives of all females, without it ever happening to them, simply due to the fear that it might.

They replied to that comment with parts I quoted when I responded.

sad but true that an accusation is basically the same as a conviction in the eyes of everyone around you when it comes to rape

That's just not true. I guess it depends on who you hang out with but this attitude is definitelly not generic.
  :icon_cyclops_ani:

I'd say that the SOCIAL consequences of a false accusation are at least as bad if not worse as those of being raped, and the potential exists for someone's life to be destroyed just as fully if not moreso (thanks to the lack of support/resources) as someone who was raped.

Again, that's just not true and I haven't seen any study showing that this is anywhere near common.  :cyclo:

OTOH, there's never a loss for cases of rape accusations (true of false) where the accused didn't have any problems from it.
[LSOS! Go to hell!]  :pino:

Yes, the potential is there, but having a potential for a false rape (or murder, or theft) accusation to turn out horrid is not a guarantee. But every rape turns out on a scale of horrid.

[NOT IF IT DIDN'T HAPPEN IN THE FIRST PLACE YOU ASSWIPE!!!]  :BangHead:
http://dbzer0.com/blog/once-again-comparing-false-rape-accusations-to-actual-rape   :MRm3:

CaptDMO

Once upon a time there was a young shepherd boy who cried wolf....
Once upon a time there was a chicken named Henny Penny....
Once upon a time there was a Minister named Neville...

Cordell Walker

one thing these false accusation apologists forget, is if the law fails to protect  men from false accusers, then it cant protect false accusers from the falsely accused
"how can you kill women and children?"---private joker
"Easy, ya just dont lead em as much" ---Animal Mother

Quentin0352

Simple, reply with what happened to me. Everyone was so busy running around trying to prove the false rape claims made against me, that they ignored the REAL rape claims made by my daughter and all the numerous abuse claims I tried to file with evidence like pictures and the kids stating they were afraid. Now want to know the damage false rape claims make? It allowed my daughter to be raped for YEARS because no one cared to do anything but try to prove the false claims, drained me mentally, emotionally and financially so I couldn't protect my children better and also in the end allowed a REAL rapist to go free since all the false claims made by my ex involving our daughter created a case where my daughter's word would not be believed in court.

So yeah, look at what false accusations do and the additional effects it can have in a cascading fashion on things. It not only effects the accused and accuser, but all those around them, law enforcement and much more.

Men's Rights Activist

Sep 23, 2011, 05:32 AM Last Edit: Sep 23, 2011, 04:28 PM by Men's Rights Activist
Please feel free to post a link to "Witch-Hunting Males" and "Los Misandry" at Youtube along with comments regarding false accusations:

False accusations of  domestic violence and/or rape against men by women are common.  The flimsiest of false accusations by a woman can cause a man's arrest.  False accusations can be devastating to a man's self-worth, his career, and his well-being. Such false accusations are a crime, and also a form of domestic violence and/or sexual assault, yet police and prosecutors almost never prosecute false accusers.  Men wind up gender profiled and falsely accused by the taxpayer funded, domestic violence/rape witch-hunt industry, because of gender feminist ideology controlling that industry.  Domestic violence and/or rape will never end as long as "the whole truth" is misrepresented to comply with gender feminist ideology.  As long as false accusers of domestic violence and/or rape are not prosecuted, domestic violence and/or rape laws will lack integrity as shown in "Witch-Hunting Males" at Youtube  http://tinyurl.com/65dpzwu  And as shown in "Los Misandry" at Youtube,
http://tinyurl.com/27oh7cp

Witch-Hunting Males

Los Misandry
Life, Liberty, & Pursuit of Happiness are fundamental rights for all (including males), & not contingent on gender feminist approval or denial. Consider my "Independence" from all tyrannical gender feminist ideology "Declared" - Here & Now!

Captain Courageous

Sep 23, 2011, 01:56 PM Last Edit: Sep 23, 2011, 02:03 PM by Captain Courageous

Please feel free to post a link to "Witch-Hunting Males" and "Los Misandry" at Youtube along with comments regarding false accusations:

False accusations of  domestic violence and/or rape against men by women are common.  The flimsiest of false accusations by a woman can cause a man's arrest.  False accusations can be devastating to a man's self-worth and his career. Such false accusations are a crime, and also a form of domestic violence and/or sexual assault, yet police and prosecutors almost never prosecute false accusers.  Men wind up gender profiled and falsely accused by the taxpayer funded, domestic violence/rape witch-hunt industry, because of gender feminist ideology controlling that industry.  Domestic violence and/or rape will never end as long as "the whole truth" is misrepresented to comply with gender feminist ideology.  As long as false accusers of domestic violence and/or rape are not prosecuted, domestic violence and/or rape laws will lack integrity as shown in "Witch-Hunting Males" at Youtube  http://tinyurl.com/65dpzwu  And as shown in "Los Misandry" at Youtube,
http://tinyurl.com/27oh7cp

Witch-Hunting Males

Los Misandry

These videos have been posted under the comments section.  :laughing6:

http://dbzer0.com/blog/once-again-comparing-false-rape-accusations-to-actual-rape#IDComment197523442

P.S. - Good Comments have been posted so far. I'm pretty sure they are from members here. Bravo!

:toothy9:

Men's Rights Activist

I couldn't find my standard post there, but was somehow able to log in so I posted it.  Maybe moderators took it down previously.  I'll try to check back and see how long it stays up.  There are some nasty feminists on that site, spewing "rape witch-hunt" propaganda in their misandrist comments - kinda like I see on my college campus.  :-/
Life, Liberty, & Pursuit of Happiness are fundamental rights for all (including males), & not contingent on gender feminist approval or denial. Consider my "Independence" from all tyrannical gender feminist ideology "Declared" - Here & Now!

CaptDMO

Simply being falsely accused does not always lead to anything bad happening. Being raped always leaves permanent scars.

Yeah, try that line of reasoningin a  complaint in a court of law, or proposed legislation.
Maybe even a first year, pre-law lecture.

Oh, wait....

Captain Courageous

Sep 28, 2011, 10:30 AM Last Edit: Sep 30, 2011, 11:08 AM by Captain Courageous
I do hope that our elected officials are not buying or falling for this specious, sophomoric sophistry.

http://dbzer0.com/blog/i-seem-to-have-caught-a-bad-case-of-the-mrm

Captain Courageous

Be careful with this clown.

He'll try and feed you some kind of malware if he can.

Go Up