Does anyone remember me?

Started by LibertyUNH, Apr 01, 2012, 06:47 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

LibertyUNH

I still exist.  I have finished my PhD, but can not find a job.  Perhaps the fact that I wrote articles about abused men, false accusations of rape, etc. under my own name make me unemployable.

During the years '06 -- '12 I was not that much involved in men's issues since these issues make me upset.  I just want to talk to someone regarding some issues relevant to myself.

PaulGuelph

Sure I remember you.   :toothy9:

Lots of opinionated old-timers still here.  :drunken_smilie:

I am always shocked by how many people get jobs through people they know. You might be a great worker, but if you don't know anybody...  It is very unfair.
Men's Movie Guide:  http://www.mensmovieguide.com   The Healing Tomb: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081N1X145

LibertyUNH

Thank you.  I am so emotionally drained for personal reasons, that sad news about discrimination against men would not help me.

Could anyone send me a private message?  How can I get in touch with anyone in NH?

mens_issues

Yes, I remember you.  Welcome back.

Sorry to hear of your trouble finding employment.  I went through the same thing in the late 1980s with a Masters degree but eventually found work - it just takes time.  However, I can imagine it's even more frustrating to do a PhD and have trouble finding employment.
Men's Issues Online - a voice for men's advocacy http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MensIssuesOnline

Follow Male Positive Media on Twitter - https://twitter.com/MalePositive

BRIAN

Yep I remember you.
You may sleep soundly at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence upon those who seek to harm you.

LSBeene

Wow - blast from the Past - yea, I also remember you too.  :)
'Watch our backs at home, we'll guard the wall over here. You can sleep safe tonight, we'll guard the door."

Isaiah 6:8
"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"

LibertyUNH

For a long time I tried to stay away from these issues -- these issues add to my depression.  But after the events which took place in my life in November 2011, I came back for help.

Fe-Fi-Fo-Fum

Speaking of blasts from the past, what happened to Galt and the other guy..the viking?  I can't remember his handle now.

~Fe-Fi-Fo-Fum

PowerMan72

I'm not in NH but I'll help if I can.
Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan: "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."

outdoors

Speaking of blasts from the past, what happened to Galt and the other guy..the viking?  I can't remember his handle now.

~Fe-Fi-Fo-Fum

Galt is still here.

The viking? Gonz?

I see gonz has been no where,not on his blogs,nothing.

I don't know if he is even alive,he seems to have vanished.

Fe-Fi-Fo-Fum

Yup, Gonz...I can't believe I forgot.  It's strange when people just....disappear.

~Fe-Fi-Fo-Fum

Quentin0352

Welcome back! As for people vanishing, it is likely due to burnout and etc. I know I go through it.

LibertyUNH

Welcome back! As for people vanishing, it is likely due to burnout and etc. I know I go through it.

Thank you very much.  I guess I have severe burnout.  How do you define it?

Quentin0352

You just get worn down by all the insults and lack of any support or results when trying to get things changed or to start changing in the right direction. You start getting worn down, depressed and just plain tired of trying. I burned out bad at one point when I was spending tons of time trying to help others and getting zero in return on my case in help from them as a example. I finally had to step back and let them help themselves instead and put that energy and time in my own case instead of devoting any to helping them. Nothing else BUT my case even because even doing basics of advocating was more time and effort that I just couldn't afford with zero in return for it.

outdoors

I am pretty well at the burn-out point.

Feel like giving up all together.

Go Up