Montreal Gazette posts Father's Rights bashing Hit Piece

Started by outdoors, Jul 25, 2012, 06:42 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

outdoors

Fathers on the edge

A tragic custody case draws the attention of groups convinced family courts are biased

Still, fathers' rights groups should be taken seriously. "People will view these groups as fringe groups that don't require serious attention, when in fact they're using the abusive and intimidating behaviours they used in their relationships. This should be a concern that this person is capable of certainly intimidation, harassment and threats, if not actual acts of violence," says Molly Dragiewicz, a criminologist at the University of Ontario Institute of Technology who studies the father's rights movement.

The comments about the Warwick tragedy on other men's rights sites are angry, too. "R.I.P. to this once beautiful loving family. I am sure some feminazis are chuckling how this is a victory to them, how this man was pushed to the limits to do something like this," reads a post from Admin1 on the mensrighthelp.com forum.

"This didn't need to happen," adds Admin1 a little later on, "we are starting to see more and more of this from fathers." The discussion then turns to how women still kill their children more than men do; though the discussion participants admit to each other that the statistics to prove this just aren't there, there's certainty this information is being suppressed.

A study done by researchers at the Royal Ottawa Hospital of 11 years of data into paternal filicide - fathers who kill their children - found that between 1990 and 2001, 77 children in Quebec were killed by their fathers. Forty-six (60 per cent) of the homicides were followed by the suicide or attempted suicide of the father. The researchers also conclude that more fathers than mothers commit filicide in Quebec.

Lots more cowshit here;

http://www.montrealgazette.com/life/Fathers%2Bedge/6968504/story.html

outdoors

The researchers also conclude that more fathers than mothers commit filicide in Quebec.

What about the rest of Canada?

Seems mensrights-help is being watched.

neoteny

A study done by researchers at the Royal Ottawa Hospital of 11 years of data into paternal filicide - fathers who kill their children - found that between 1990 and 2001, 77 children in Quebec were killed by their fathers. Forty-six (60 per cent) of the homicides were followed by the suicide or attempted suicide of the father. The researchers also conclude that more fathers than mothers commit filicide in Quebec.

Hard numbers about fathers who kill their children; hand-waving about mothers. They're parodizing themselves.
The spreading of information about the [quantum] system through the [classical] environment is ultimately responsible for the emergence of "objective reality." 

Wojciech Hubert Zurek: Decoherence, einselection, and the quantum origins of the classical

Pernicious

Jul 25, 2012, 09:39 PM Last Edit: Jul 25, 2012, 09:41 PM by Pernicious
LOL, notice how they only looked at quebec stats for the past 10 years

For some reason I cannot attach a URL
h t t p : / / w w w . r c m p - g r c . g c . c a / p u b s / o m c -  n e d / k i l l - t u e r - e n g . h t m # 6

Mothers commit 52% of the murders of children.
Fathers commit 40% of the murders of children.

The other 8% are step-parents.

Wow, not hard to find statistics from the RCMP.

do what I need to do to protect my loved ones, friends, and family. This is what men do.

neoteny

For some reason I cannot attach a URL
h t t p : / / w w w . r c m p - g r c . g c . c a / p u b s / o m c -  n e d / k i l l - t u e r - e n g . h t m # 6

Fascinating. I've played around a little: this link indeed doesn't work. Deleting the '#6' from the end doesn't make a difference either. Deleting from the last slash to the end (kill-tuer-eng.htm#6) makes it work, though.

Magic.
The spreading of information about the [quantum] system through the [classical] environment is ultimately responsible for the emergence of "objective reality." 

Wojciech Hubert Zurek: Decoherence, einselection, and the quantum origins of the classical

outdoors

Seems the original article has been appended.

All of the comments have been removed.

They are accepting new comment's but only through facebook.

K9

"A study done by researchers at the Royal Ottawa Hospital of 11 years of data into paternal filicide - fathers who kill their children - found that between 1990 and 2001, 77 children in Quebec were killed by their fathers. Forty-six (60 per cent) of the homicides were followed by the suicide or attempted suicide of the father. The researchers also conclude that more fathers than mothers commit filicide in Quebec."

It was a study of PATERNAL FILICIDE. They give the numbers (77) for fathers, but give no numbers for mothers, nor do they give the total number of children killed by parents, but then somehow magically conclude that fathers commit filicide more often than mothers. What are the numbers and where did they come from? Certainly not from a study of fathers committing filicide.

That study was a feminist hit piece and I don't need any steenkin' evidence anymore than they need to back up their numbers.

Further:
Paternal filicide in Québec.
Dominique Bourget, Pierre Gagné
Royal Ottawa Hospital, 1145 Carling Avenue, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1Z 7K4. [email protected]
In this retrospective study, relevant demographic, social, and clinical variables were examined in 77 cases of paternal filicide. Between 1991 and 2001, all consecutive coroners' files on domestic homicide in Québec, Canada, were reviewed, and 77 child victims of 60 male parent perpetrators were identified. The results support data indicating that more fathers commit filicide than do mothers. A history of family abuse was characteristic of a substantial number of cases, and most of the cases involved violent means of homicide. Filicide was frequently (60%) followed by the suicide of the perpetrator and more so (86%) in cases involving multiple sibling victims. The abuse of drugs and alcohol was rare. At the time of the offense, most of the perpetrators were suffering from a psychiatric illness, usually depressive disorder. Nearly one-third were in a psychotic state. The proportion of fatal abuse cases was comparatively low. Many of the perpetrators had had contact with health professionals prior to the offense, although none had received treatment for a psychiatric illness.
Explaining misandry to a feminist is like explaining "wet" to a fish.

CaptDMO

And it was GUNS, most in the household, that were responsable for this horrendous......
Oh, wait....Canada?

What was the primary maternal (single or "other") filicide "style"?
Oh, I guess we'll never know... 

Go Up