Woman Opens Fire On Crowd Leaving Riverboat

Started by Eviltwin, Aug 06, 2012, 11:00 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Eviltwin

Woman opens fire on crowd leaving Detroit Princess riverboat; police search for suspect

http://www.freep.com/article/20120806/NEWS01/120806018/Woman-opens-fire-Detroit-Princess-riverboat-police-search-suspect

One man is in critical condition after a woman opened fire on a crowd leaving a midnight cruise on the Detroit Princess riverboat today, according to police.

Police are still searching for the suspect in the 1:15 a.m. shooting, which left six others with minor injuries, Detroit Police Sgt. Alan Quinn said. The shooting took place on the shore, near the boarding area behind Joe Louis Arena.

The altercation apparently began as an argument aboard the boat, Quinn said. Radio One Detroit's station Hot 107.5, which plays hip hop and rap, was hosting the On Deck Sunday Moonlight Cruise. The event is touted on the boat's Facebook page as a nightclub atmosphere on a cruise from 10:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. The Detroit Princess also provides a DJ for the cruise, playing softer music on the boat's top deck.

"It looks like a group of people were getting in some kind of fight," said Quinn. "When they got back to shore, a female who was involved in the fight got into her car, drove back...and then she shot into the crowd of people who were getting off the boat."

Keith Gillespie, the assistant promotions director with Radio One Detroit, was just getting off the boat when the shooting happened. He ran back onto the riverboat and shut the door until the the gunfire stopped.

"As I was walking out the door, I heard some commotion with some women and gunshots rang out," Gillespie said today, adding that he immediately called a Detroit Police officer who is a friend and happened to be patrolling nearby. "It was real scary because people started running in every direction."

Gillespie said he opened the door again when one of the victims started knocking loudly, yelling he'd been hit. When the shooting ended, they discovered three women laying in the grass with wounds to their legs.

"After I realized there were more people down, I called (police) and told them ... we needed more ambulances," said Gillespie, 45, of Royal Oak. He and others used tablecloths from the boat to hold pressure on the women's wounds.

"My mind said this could be somebody's mother, my mother -- I'd want somebody to stop and help her," he said.

The suspect drove off. A description of her or her car was not immediately available, Quinn said.

Detroit Princess owner and Captain John Chamberlain said everyone who boards the boat -- about 500 for Sunday's cruise -- is checked for weapons. Chamberlain, who has operated riverboats for 35 years, said this was the first time he's experienced a shooting incident near one of his boats.

"We search everyone coming in and this is why," Chamberlain said. "We're sorry to see something like this happen. You have a lot of crazy people out there."

Anyone with information can call Detroit Police investigators at 313-596-5240 or CrimeStoppers anonymously at 1-800-SPEAKUP.

Affirmative Action: The federal government takes your job away from you and gives it to a woman. Then she sneers at you because you are unemployed.

Iron John

A woman did this?  Impossible! There must be some sort of error.  As feminists have told us time and time again, only men are capable of such horrific violence.

Galt

Aug 06, 2012, 11:46 AM Last Edit: Aug 06, 2012, 06:59 PM by Galt
My advice to the last people who can stand it there: GET THE HELL OUT. And quit giving your money in some shape or form to the absolutely corrupt city council and city government. There are also videos on You-Tube of them telling a white contractor (who was the only non-corrupt person there) that "we don't really need someone of your ... ethnic ... background". Go home White Boy, we got some cousins to hire.

Look at the felony records of the last mayors if you want to get a picture of this shit-hole of a city. I used to think that anything under 8 Mile Road was a stinking sewer, but now I see people on-line talking about a shit-hole below 10 Mile Road (which used to be quite nice in some areas 20 years ago).

Let this thing ("Detroit") die a peaceful death.

-------------------------------------

Umm ... sorry if my opinion was kind of ... direct.

Galt

Aug 06, 2012, 11:50 AM Last Edit: Aug 06, 2012, 07:34 PM by Galt
Look up the biographies of the recent mayors of Detroit (Coleman Young or anyone past that, especially Kwame Kilpatrick).

The City Council itself is constantly embroiled in scandals involving fraud / criminal self-dealing / bribery - a recent example is Monica Conyers - currently incarcerated - but lots more have gotten away with it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monica_Conyers

In March 2009, Conyers led a group of five Detroit City Council members that blocked the transfer of ownership of Detroit Cobo Hall (the home of the North American International Auto Show) to a regional authority consisting of representatives from Wayne, Oakland and Macomb Counties. During a heated council meeting discussing the deal, she told Isaac Robinson, a white official of the Teamsters union, that most of the people that work at the show "don't look like me. They look like you."[22] She was quick to deny any implications of racism to the media when questioned about the comments. Conyers went on to claim Black people "cannot be racist".[23]

On June 26, 2009, Conyers pleaded guilty to accepting a bribe in the Synagro Sludge scandal.[24] Three days later, Conyers officially resigned from the Detroit City Council, effective July 6.[25] Her former chief of staff, Sam Riddle, faces prosecution as well; Riddle's trial has included wiretap recordings of conversations with and about Conyers, in which he describes her as "crazy."[26] Testimony given during Riddle's trial on February 4, 2010 indicated that Conyers often left a downtown Detroit restaurant without paying for the meal; the restaurant's owner estimated that Conyers owed him about $3,000.[27] On March 10, 2010, Conyers was sentenced to 37 months in federal prison.[28] During the sentencing hearing, Conyers requested to withdraw her guilty plea, which the judge denied.[29] She has since filed notice to appeal.[30]

Galt

Aug 06, 2012, 11:57 AM Last Edit: Aug 06, 2012, 08:43 PM by Galt
Just one in a long line:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kwame_Kilpatrick

Kwame Malik Kilpatrick (born June 8, 1970) is a former mayor of Detroit, Michigan.[3] Kilpatrick's mayorship was plagued by numerous scandals and rampant accusations of corruption, with the mayor eventually resigning after being charged with ten felony counts, including perjury and obstruction of justice. Kilpatrick was sentenced to four months in jail after pleading guilty to reduced charges, but with good time awarded to county jail inmates in Michigan, he was released on probation after serving 99 days. On May 25, 2010, he was sentenced to 18 months to 5 years in prison for violating his probation,[4] and served time at the Oaks Correctional Facility in northwest Michigan. He is also under a 38-charge felony indictment on additional corruption charges, in what a federal prosecutor called a "pattern of extortion, bribery and fraud" by some of Detroit's most prominent officials.[5]

--------------------

Frankly, I find all of that to be a bit more important than some Baby-Mama got pissed 'cuz Baby-Daddy found hisself a new Sugar Mama.

That happens all the time in Detroit, that's why they have sometimes led the nation in homicides per capita. Cops won't even show up sometimes for a mere 911 call of "breaking and entering an occupied house with a live weapon and he might kill me" - call us when someone is dead, then a detective will show up in a couple of days. And everything that tries to take root in Detroit is mercilessly exploited for money by the City Council and then left for dead. All that's left is unemployed loiterers harassing you in groups ("mvvvffacka White Boy" - with a hate stare, blocking your way in - is actually quite friendly and refreshingly innocent in comparison to some of it) outside of any business that has managed to stay alive up to now.

Galt

Aug 06, 2012, 12:09 PM Last Edit: Aug 06, 2012, 06:58 PM by Galt

I've also read that the abandoned areas / buildings in Detroit have become the perfect dumping ground for bodies.

wh666

A woman did this?  Impossible! There must be some sort of error.  As feminists have told us time and time again, only men are capable of such horrific violence.

:laughing6: :laughing6:

True .... Even if a woman is found guilty, she won't be.

Any man would be charged with the crime and locked up as a monster.  She won't.  She won't be responsible for her actions at all, she'll be unwell, a victim of society and in need of medical help.

Funnily enough, I said the same thing earlier about gambling.  Councils are complaining of the laws that changed, that allowed gambling shops to open en mass in the UK and that was the reason for poverty.  What a crock of crap!  I walk past them all the time without going in.  Just because something is there, be it gambling, alcohol or frustration and a thought of going crazy in public, we all have self control, or should do and a level of personal accountability.

This culture of doing whatever the hell you want and having no responsibility for it or dealing with the consequences of ones actions really needs to end.

wh666

That was in Detroit, Michigan, and I have a special stake in that shit-hole.

My advice to the last people who can stand it there: GET THE HELL OUT. And quit giving your money in some shape or form to the absolutely corrupt city council and city government. There are also videos on You-Tube of them telling a white contractor (who was the only non-corrupt person there) that "we don't really need someone of your ... ethnic ... background". Go home White Boy, we got some cousins to hire.

Look at the felony records of the last mayors if you want to get a picture of this shit-hole of a city. I used to think that anything under 8 Mile Road was a stinking sewer, but now I see people on-line talking about a shit-hole below 10 Mile Road (which used to be quite nice in some areas 20 years ago).

Let this thing ("Detroit") die a peaceful death.

-------------------------------------

Umm ... sorry if my opinion was kind of ... direct.

I personally haven't visited some areas in the US yet, but from what I've seen of places like New Orleans and Detroit/the rust belt, it is quite frankly shocking.  I remember images of Bosnia after the conflicts a long time ago, even Bosnia looked better than some places in the US/UK!

Go Up