WTF Is Going On Here?

Started by Captain Courageous, Sep 09, 2012, 01:03 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Captain Courageous

I just spent the better part of an hour trying to post a list of talking points for MRA's.

I kept having trouble using the space bar, including backspace.

The cut-and-paste function wouldn't work.

I could only type two words and the space bar would bump me down to the next line.

The scroll bar would flip up and down, making it tough to type anything.

It would flip everytime I tried to underline or italicize what I'm writing.

By the time I try to post, I find I'm logged out and cannot go back to retrieve what I wrote!

This is the worst trouble I have ever had trying to type and post something.

neoteny

The problem must be on your end. Editing happens on your local machine, in your browser (keystrokes aren't sent to the site, only the full post once you hit Post).
The spreading of information about the [quantum] system through the [classical] environment is ultimately responsible for the emergence of "objective reality." 

Wojciech Hubert Zurek: Decoherence, einselection, and the quantum origins of the classical

Captain Courageous

Sep 09, 2012, 01:51 PM Last Edit: Sep 09, 2012, 01:53 PM by Captain Courageous
Thanks neoteny.

Your answer still brings up the question of how I end up logged off. I selected the "forever" option and that's what reads on my screen. How in hell do I go to post, only to find I'm logged out? In this instance, I couldn't even hit the back button and copy the content of what I just finished writing. I don't mind having to login in a second time, if I can just paste my post onto a new thread. Didn't happen this time. Just lost the whole thing in a split second.

Over on The Nice-Guy forum yesterday, I had a similar problem. I'm trying to post some photo-shopped pictures spoofing Janet Napolitano and the same type of weird problems start with the cut-and-paste functions, the back button, and a constant pop-up of a YouTube video titled Communist Smurfs. For a brief period of time, no buttons worked, except the big red X in the upper right-hand corner.

I wonder if we are getting static from Big Brother, now that we have been called a Hate group.

Captain Courageous

You referred to key strokes. Could I have picked up a keystroke logger?

Nillerz

Maybe. More than likely you have a crumb stuck somewhere in your keyboard that is causing some issues, although if it is a malware related issue, I'd reccomend Linux.

http://www.linux.org/
Evolution doesn't stop at the neck.

neoteny

- is it happening only in your browser, ie. are you able to open a Notepad document and type into it normally?
- does it happen on all sites when you try to post?
- do you have some virus scanner which you can run on your machine?
The spreading of information about the [quantum] system through the [classical] environment is ultimately responsible for the emergence of "objective reality." 

Wojciech Hubert Zurek: Decoherence, einselection, and the quantum origins of the classical

outdoors

- is it happening only in your browser, ie. are you able to open a Notepad document and type into it normally?
- does it happen on all sites when you try to post?
- do you have some virus scanner which you can run on your machine?

lol-I thought CC was talkin' about my computer for a sec.

Fe-Fi-Fo-Fum

This can also happen (being loged out) if your browser is clearing all of the cookies at the end of the session when you close your browswer...but scanning for virus/malware is always a good idea.

~Fe-Fi-Fo-Fum

Go Up