What Happened to Fathers and Families after Glen Sacks left?

Started by Tigerman, Oct 04, 2012, 01:07 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Tigerman

Apparently nothing but unfortunately nothing in the sense that the latest post I could find on there was dated February of this year i.e. around the time of his leaving. The board appointed Rita Fuerst Adams as their new Executive Director, she seems to have a fairly impressive CV:-
Quote:
Rita has been an invaluable behind-the-scenes advisor to Fathers and Families since 2003. She knows our operations, personnel, and issues backwards and forwards. She has already proven herself a hard-driving, tireless leader, a relentless organizer, and an inspiring motivator. Now she makes the transition to Executive Director.

A native of Ohio and current resident of Boston, Rita has more than twenty-five years' experience in not-for-profit management, organizational development, and fundraising. She has served many charitable and philanthropic organizations, created and built affiliates of national organizations, and established fundraising programs. Rita also teaches a course on Entrepreneurship for Nonprofits at Wheelock College in Boston. She is the author of several articles and the editor of a book on fundraising regulations and laws. She holds an MBA from Capital University and a BS in Journalism from Ohio University.

Rita has had the opportunity to work with our Directors, affiliates, contributors, and members. Rita said, "Fathers and Families has the most committed and dedicated volunteers I have ever had the honor to work with and serve. I look forward to working even more closely with them."

However since her appointment there has either been zilch happening under her stewardship or there has been activity but for some mysterious reason no one has bothered to update the website on what that activity might be!
Don't get me wrong I am not singling out Rita Fuerst Adams the new exec. director for criticism as the Chairman and the rest of the board must have some responsibility also for what does transpire there or not.
In reality I am totally baffled  :dontknow: and somewhat concerned that a once highly effective organisation for positive change in family matters has gone utterly silent without any explanations.
If anyone has any hard knowledge (i.e. not speculation) on what has being going on - I'm sure I'm far from the only one who would like to know about it.

dr e

I am more curious about what is up with Glenn.  Anyone heard from him?
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

Tigerman

I got this as an email, back on September 27th.

http://www.fathersandfamilies.org/enews/cv/enews-20120927.html

Maybe I should check my inbox as I used to get emails from F & F when Glen was at the helm. Still one email after 7-8 months and no visible activity on the website in that time is even weirder than if the group had just disbanded in a way because with the latter option at least there is a good reason for such a lack of activity.!

Tigerman

I've not heard a thing - I tried google but aside from noise from his enemies I found nothing at all from him personally.
Personally and this is pure speculation on my part - I think he has been silenced.

outdoors

Was John Dias not involved with F & F ?

dr e

I've not heard a thing - I tried google but aside from noise from his enemies I found nothing at all from him personally.
Personally and this is pure speculation on my part - I think he has been silenced.

Maybe Glenn has taken some time to pull back from this insanity and spend more time with his family. I hope that is right. 
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

Iron John

Me too.  He was a great leader.  Brave and articulate.  But I haven't heard anything about him in years.

Tigerman

Well I have no more info on Glen but I am pleasantly surprised to discover that F & F has been substantially more active than it first appeared. It seems that the website address I had may be a little out of date and after just discovering their twitter account I got this web address which does point to more contemporary content. I found the new content by accident via a tweet from their account reposted into my timeline.  F & F has also got a facebook page .
Anyway since it was ME that opened my big fat gob whining about a total lack of activity there over the last 7 months I felt I should share with you all what I just discovered. Oh by the way the twitter account for F & F is @fathandfam .  :toothy9:

Captain Courageous

Oct 06, 2012, 11:01 PM Last Edit: Oct 06, 2012, 11:15 PM by Captain Courageous
Got this from MENSACTIVISM.ORG ...

His Side with Glenn Sacks

is a nationally syndicated talk radio show devoted to men's and father's rights. Glenn Sacks discusses gender issues from the male perspective.

http://www.hisside.com

Contact
Glenn Sacks
Please feel free to contact Glenn with any questions, comments, or concerns you may have.
[email protected]

I've emailed him more than once and got replies each time.

Tigerman

is a nationally syndicated talk radio show devoted to men's and father's rights. Glenn Sacks discusses gender issues from the male perspective.

Contact
Glenn Sacks
Please feel free to contact Glenn with any questions, comments, or concerns you may have.
[email protected]

Yes I already had the link to that webpage but again couldn't find any recent content there.
I have also emailed him in the past when he was more obviously active over specific issues of activism. I confess I have not emailed him since his retirement from F & F though - I was reluctant to intrude on his privacy. Have you got replies from him since he withdrew from F & F?  :sunny:

Captain Courageous

Contact
Glenn Sacks
[email protected]

Yes I already had the link to that webpage but again couldn't find any recent content there.
I have also emailed him in the past when he was more obviously active over specific issues of activism. I confess I have not emailed him since his retirement from F & F though - I was reluctant to intrude on his privacy. Have you got replies from him since he withdrew from F & F?  :sunny:

No sir, I haven't emailed him recently.

Go Up