The War On Men

Started by Eviltwin, Nov 24, 2012, 02:30 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Eviltwin

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/11/24/war-on-men/

The battle of the sexes is alive and well. According to Pew Research Center, the share of women ages eighteen to thirty-four that say having a successful marriage is one of the most important things in their lives rose nine percentage points since 1997 - from 28 percent to 37 percent. For men, the opposite occurred. The share voicing this opinion dropped, from 35 percent to 29 percent.

Believe it or not, modern women want to get married. Trouble is, men don't.

The so-called dearth of good men (read: marriageable men) has been a hot subject in the media as of late. Much of the coverage has been in response to the fact that for the first time in history, women have become the majority of the U.S. workforce. They're also getting most of the college degrees. The problem? This new phenomenon has changed the dance between men and women. 

As the author of three books on the American family and its intersection with pop culture, I've spent thirteen years examining social agendas as they pertain to sex, parenting, and gender roles. During this time, I've spoken with hundreds, if not thousands, of men and women. And in doing so, I've accidentally stumbled upon a subculture of men who've told me, in no uncertain terms, that they're never getting married. When I ask them why, the answer is always the same.

Women aren't women anymore.

To say gender relations have changed dramatically is an understatement. Ever since the sexual revolution, there has been a profound overhaul in the way men and women interact. Men haven't changed much - they had no revolution that demanded it - but women have changed dramatically.

In a nutshell, women are angry. They're also defensive, though often unknowingly. That's because they've been raised to think of men as the enemy. Armed with this new attitude, women pushed men off their pedestal (women had their own pedestal, but feminists convinced them otherwise) and climbed up to take what they were taught to believe was rightfully theirs.

Now the men have nowhere to go.

It is precisely this dynamic - women good/men bad - that has destroyed the relationship between the sexes. Yet somehow, men are still to blame when love goes awry. Heck, men have been to blame since feminists first took to the streets in the 1970s.

But what if the dearth of good men, and ongoing battle of the sexes, is - hold on to your seats - women's fault?

You'll never hear that in the media. All the articles and books (and television programs, for that matter) put women front and center, while men and children sit in the back seat. But after decades of browbeating the American male, men are tired. Tired of being told there's something fundamentally wrong with them. Tired of being told that if women aren't happy, it's men's fault.

Contrary to what feminists like Hanna Rosin, author of The End of Men, say, the so-called rise of women has not threatened men. It has pissed them off. It has also undermined their ability to become self-sufficient in the hopes of someday supporting a family. Men want to love women, not compete with them. They want to provide for and protect their families - it's in their DNA. But modern women won't let them.

It's all so unfortunate - for women, not men. Feminism serves men very well: they can have sex at hello and even live with their girlfriends with no responsibilities whatsoever.

It's the women who lose. Not only are they saddled with the consequences of sex, by dismissing male nature they're forever seeking a balanced life. The fact is, women need men's linear career goals - they need men to pick up the slack at the office - in order to live the balanced life they seek.

So if men today are slackers, and if they're retreating from marriage en masse, women should look in the mirror and ask themselves what role they've played to bring about this transformation.

Fortunately, there is good news: women have the power to turn everything around. All they have to do is surrender to their nature - their femininity - and let men surrender to theirs.

If they do, marriageable men will come out of the woodwork.

Affirmative Action: The federal government takes your job away from you and gives it to a woman. Then she sneers at you because you are unemployed.

Captain Courageous

This thread is now posted on Facebook for the MRA's there to enjoy.

Robin Gold
A Very Interesting Article From The SYG Forum:
The War On Men
standyourground.com
The War On Men
Like ·  · Share · Promote · 3 minutes ago ·

There's some good stuff showing up lately. Not much resistance from the fembots so far.

outdoors

Heh,heh,the unintended consequences of feminism.

Just goes to show men are adapting and the women are losing.

They can do anything a man can do....so let 'em.

wh666

It is precisely this dynamic - women good/men bad - that has destroyed the relationship between the sexes. Yet somehow, men are still to blame when love goes awry.

Exactly!  Constantly being screamed at about how bad you are, would make anyone doubt that marriage would work.

I'll try not to let life experiences impact my future, but it's difficult when as a man, you're automatically the baddie.  Even when you try your best to make something work, then stay isolated right to the termination of a relationship, you're still the baddie. 

What's the most insulting thing, is when you're the baddie, for leaving your partner in the house while you're homeless!  Goodness knows how the feminist brain works there, but there you go.

There isn't a lack of marriage material or stable men, there's a lack of proficient parenting and bad media influences in society that make respect and other values a rarity, but those are the values you need to make a marriage or long term relationship work.

BRIAN

"So if men today are slackers, and if they're retreating from marriage en masse, women should look in the mirror and ask themselves what role they've played to bring about this transformation."

That's not going to happen. Modern females are so indoctrinated with the victim mindset that they are incapable of anything remotely resembling introspection. Everything is the fault of the patriarchy or rape culture or male privelege, nothing is ever brought to them through their own actions and nothing is ever their fault.
You may sleep soundly at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence upon those who seek to harm you.

Peter

Nov 25, 2012, 04:40 AM Last Edit: Nov 25, 2012, 04:41 AM by Peter

It's the women who lose. Not only are they saddled with the consequences of sex, by dismissing male nature they're forever seeking a balanced life. The fact is, women need men's linear career goals - they need men to pick up the slack at the office - in order to live the balanced life they seek.

Women hit hardest!

So if men today are slackers, and if they're retreating from marriage en masse, women should look in the mirror and ask themselves what role they've played to bring about this transformation.

Women look into the make up mirror and what do they see? A painted frontside?

Fortunately, there is good news: women have the power to turn everything around. All they have to do is surrender to their nature - their femininity - and let men surrender to theirs.

If they do, marriageable men will come out of the woodwork.

So nice, I always thought that women having power is a great thing.

BM-NByw7VE2PwjfTtsVdeE5ipuqx1AqkEv1

Nillerz

I saw this posted on Reddit, I like the article but I am usually at least mildly annoyed by any "War on X" phrase that doesn't involve the tactical.

See famous wars on:

Christmas
Heterosexuality
Privacy
Your Freedoms
Women
Religion
Hedonism
etc.
Evolution doesn't stop at the neck.

CG9603

My first reaction is that this article fails to address the extremely common theme of women who demand equality when that's convenient, and chivalry and special treatment when that is convenient.  Men can see these attitudes, and then men stay away from women who have these attitudes. 
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
-- General Dwight D.  Eisenhower. 

"Be bold and courageous.  When you look back on your life, you'll regret the things you didn't do more than the ones you did."
-- Unknown.

outdoors

Arming Yourself for the War on Men You Didn't Even Know You Were Fighting
Erin Gloria Ryan
Nov 26, 2012 11:50 AM

The gig's up, ladies -- Suzanne Venker, niece of doddering antifeminist icon Phyllis Schlafly (Proposed official logo of antifeminism: "WE CAN'T DO IT!" emblazoned across a picture of Schlafly holding a Math book upside down), finally had the courage to tell the world the truth about What's Really Going On: a war on men. Yes, this great nation's modern women, who have abandoned their former status as submissive babycaves, have arrived to chew bubblegum and kick man-ass ... and they're all out of bubblegum. If you're a lady who wasn't aware that you were part of a warring faction of the country, that's okay -- we've tapped into the wisdom of the ancients and compiled a collection of inspiring quotes for women who want to bring their A-game to the war on men they didn't know they've been fighting this whole time.

Venker's piece for Fox News, which extrapolated from changing attitudes about marriage that there's an entire subculture of men who don't want to get married, and that's because women are scaring them away by competing with them, was roundly mocked for being stupid, mindless garbage that paints women as testicle eating castrators and men as delicate babies upset that their feelings aren't being appropriately catered to. Women aren't letting men "win" in this ongoing battle of the sexes, and in response, men are taking their ball(s) and going home. Marital Lysistrata, if you will.

But let's imagine, for shits/giggles, that Venker is onto something. How would one even fight a "war on men?" How would we know if we'd "won"? For guidance, let's consult Sun Tzu's The Art of War.

"Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak."

This means cry a lot when you're feeling extra tough. Men hate it when women cry.

But, on a less obvious level, this also means that we should refrain from correcting Venker and her ilk when they cite dusty statistics like the one that claims that women are now the majority of workers in the US -- they were, for, like, a second in 2009. But that horrid gender imbalance quickly corrected itself as men were hired to fill 70% of the jobs during the "recovery" phase of the Great Recession. Further, according to a report from the Bureau of Labor Statistics issued this year, women aren't even projected to hold a majority of of jobs by the year 2020. According to the Feminist Agenda I was issued in college, that was the year that we were supposed to send all of the men to live on an island! We're way off track!

"Build your opponent a golden bridge to retreat across."

Venkel says we've "pushed men off their pedestal" but also pushed ourselves off of our own pedestal and now there are all these empty pedestals just standing there sadly like prom decorations. Feminism has sown a complicated forest of pedestals, basically. But rather than pushing men, why not present them with an awesome, fun way to gleefully skip away from masculinity, thus leaving the top of the dogpile open to scheming feminists?

Why not do it through fashion? In a Times piece from this weekend that spent a surprisingly long time talking about how men like slimmer fitting suits now, this bit jumped out at me,

Men's wear sales are surging at double-digit rates. Suits, sports coats and outerwear, nearly all bought by men themselves, are leading the gains, according to Steve Pruitt, founder of the fashion and retail consulting firm Blacks Retail. Blacks projects that men's suit sales will be up 10 percent this fall and holiday season, and sports jacket sales will be up 11 percent, while women's ready-to-wear sales remain flat.

"Men are the new women," Bret Pittman, director of J. Crew's Ludlow Shop in TriBeCa in Manhattan, told me when I stopped in recently for a tour of the new store, the prototype for a line that will feature men's suits and tailored clothing.

Crippling clothing neuroticism is that mythical golden bridge for men to retreat across. Or, rather, catwalk.

"To know your Enemy, you must become your Enemy."

In a radio appearance in 2011, Venker remarked that if her 11-year-old daughter told her that she wanted to be a brain surgeon when she grew up, Venker would feel it was her duty as a mother to shit all over her kid's dreams. Because babies.

I have an eleven year-old daughter and if we got into the conversation of what am I going to be in X number of years and she comes to me and says "Mom, I want to be a brain surgeon," I would ask her "Okay, is there anything else that you want in your life?"

And if she presumably then says "well, I'd like to get married and have children too," I'd say "then you'd probably better pick something else."

So does this mean that women should all become brain surgeons if we want to DEFEAT THE MEN? Not exactly; we're not fighting a war on brain surgeons. But we should try to do as many manly things as possible, so as to best equip us to win whatever contest it is in which we're currently embattled. So, ladies, scratch your crotch, throw overhand, chew tobacco, and slap other men in the ass when they perform well for the team.

Wait -- never mind. That's not "being a man;" that's baseball.

"Supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

Venker writes that the best way for women to win the war on men, or, win the battle for marriage, or the fight to regain the pedestal (by the end of the piece, it's not exactly clear what the piece is about; suffice to say Venker thinks feminists are bad and also maybe is trying hard to get a bitter divorced man to go out with her? Unsure.) is to surrender to our "femininity." Femininity is not having a giant bush, rich pheromone-y armpits undisguised by deodorant and referring to yourself as "Mother goddess, source of all life and desire." Femininity means being small and quiet and pink, like a ladies' razor or a palmed junior tampon. Thin and sweet and unoffensive with SEC sorority hair and stenciled kitchen walls and frilly aprons. Commercial femininity, not natural femininity -- there's a big difference.

From this assertion, we must conclude that the way to WIN whatever it is we're fighting over is not to surrender to what Venker's aunt told her a real woman is, but rather to be passive, but merciless bonerkillers. Show no mercy. Let no boner survive. Don't comb your hair, wear high heels, or apply lipstick. No perfume, no tight pants, no pilates. The ene-men will be so demoralized by a lack of boobies in tight blue fuzzy sweaters that they'll have no choice but to surrender their power to us women.

"If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him."

The "war on men" hasn't left men defeated, asserts Venker, it has left them "pissed off."

Good. Irritating your enemy is an important component of defeating him, according to The Art of War. But there are other things women can do to irritate their men into submission. For example, I sometimes throw wet towels on the bed when I'm getting dressed, which makes my fiancee super mad. A lot of men don't like it when you hog the remote control, so do that. Walk really slowly in front of men on sidewalks, and talk loudly on your phone when you're next to them on the train. Talk about your period a lot. Tell them their favorite sports team and/or band sucks, and then make up fake statistics to back it up ("47% of Kid Cudi fans have exceptional difficulty achieving erections." "It is a fact that Matt Barkley of the USC Trojans looks like a date rapist from a Lifetime original movie.") Fart a lot. Pay for your coffee in change. Get on the bus during rush hour solely to ask the bus driver for directions. Make up a fake anniversary and get angry with the man in your life if he doesn't remember. Get creative. There are literally millions of ways to irritate men.

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle."

This is a more appropriate warning for the men who keep on with this War on Women nonsense even though they don't know an ovary from their own taints. But that's another lesson for another time.

So, ladies, while we may not have known that we've been at war, victory is clearly within our grasp. Soon, we'll all have the browbeaten, self-hating husbands of our dreams.

[Fox]

http://jezebel.com/5963264/arming-yourself-for-the-war-on-men-you-didnt-know-you-were-already-fighting

Captain Courageous

Don't ya just love it when they get this way?

That's right, dipstick, reveal that you've been studying Sun Tzu for use against us ... for many moons it seems; then tell us about how you are always the 'spotless victim'- par excellence.

Thanks for the Heads-Up on that minor detail.

Here's an entry from The Feminazi's Sun Tzu:

"Whenever possible try to defeat your enemy with facetious retorts. Be as drippingly sarcastic as you can, to the point where it obscures any point you are trying to make.
Add a pinch of droll and stir vigorously for ten minutes. Makes a boatload of bubkus
."

Bobby

Can young women get anymore full of themselves?

And while they snark to the max, just let them. You canīt be 23 forever.

A word of advice to men:

This run away train is going to wreck, and it is not your responsibility to intervene in even the most simple, basic, or personal level. When you have reached a comfortable well earned and adjusted maturity, you can remember all your trials and tribulations then distance yourselves from what will probably be the worsening situation of these former 23 year olds. Not all of life is the ego-fest of female youth.
A different approach to different times; Independent

Everytime you feel trapped in a feminst dystopia, just repeat this mantra to yourself: "there are 3.1 billion women on earth"; SIGE

outdoors

You're a Pussy if You Think There's a War on Men

For some men, women--especially feminists--are terrifying. Not in the normal oh-my-God-I-can't-ask-her-out-what-if-she-says-no way that middle schoolers and characters on Friends experience, but "afraid" in the sense that women will take their money, try to get pregnant on purpose, invent false rape claims, and use feminism to generally abuse men. In this narrative, men are either an oppressed minority (or about to become one), or have to "fight back" against feminists to preserve their rights.

If you want to see what this kind of thinking looks like, take a dip into the river of the Men's Rights section of Reddit, where a bunch of dudes go to complain about getting raped by women and talk gibberish about how their "clans" are getting attacked by "Statism and Feminism." Currently, some of the most popular posts on the subreddit include a complaint about how if you owe more than $2,500 in child support payments you can't get a passport (in the Men's Rights universe, deadbeat dads are often victims of a misandrist court system); a discussion, inspired by a Walking Dead plot point, about how getting beaten up is worse than being threatened with rape; an account of some guy squabbling with an obscure feminist blogger (these guys are always getting into internet beef with feminist bloggers, and vice-versa); and a screenshot of some gobbledygook about patriarchy that probably sounded smart to the high-schooler who wrote it. Like a lot of Reddit, the Men's Rights forum is a way for predominantly white, predominantly rich young men to pat themselves on the back for how smart they are. It gives them something to do, I guess, and it gives the Shit Reddit Says subreddit something to react against.

But the idea that feminism is harmful to men, and women have declared war on people with penises, isn't confined to Reddit's nether regions anymore. It's now mainstream enough for Fox News's website, which published an awful, troll-baiting op-ed about "The War on Men" written by Suzzanne Venker. Her thesis is that while women want to marry men, men don't want to marry them because, "Women aren't women anymore." She goes on:

"Women are angry. They're also defensive, though often unknowingly. That's because they've been raised to think of men as the enemy. Armed with this new attitude, women pushed men off their pedestal (women had their own pedestal, but feminists convinced them otherwise) and climbed up to take what they were taught to believe was rightfully theirs.

Now the men have nowhere to go."

What she's describing is a pretty standard anti-feminist narrative: The evil feminists "convinced" women to want things like the same careers and pay and power that men had (they didn't really want these things, see, but they were persuaded otherwise), thereby causing them to lose the status they were too short-sighted to have valued.

Venker also blames feminism for ruining men:

"The so-called rise of women has not threatened men. It has pissed them off. It has also undermined their ability to become self-sufficient in the hopes of someday supporting a family. Men want to love women, not compete with them. They want to provide for and protect their families--it's in their DNA. But modern women won't let them."

Yeah, no shit men are "pissed off" about "competing" with women. It's pretty simple--decades ago, lazy men didn't have to worry about talented women taking their jobs because they were largely relegated to being housewives or teachers or nurses. Now that women can dictate the terms of relationships and don't need to latch onto a man as soon as possible, they aren't willing to start pumping out babies and taking care of a household the way some guys would like. Boo-fucking-hoo. Cry me a river.

Then Venker says that "Feminism serves men very well: They can have sex at hello" (which is confusing; I thought it pissed men off?), even though some research has shown that women, not men, want low-attachment hookups instead of relationships. Maybe "women aren't women anymore" simply because they don't need to pair off with worthless men like they used to?

Venker's article doesn't exactly match up with the Men's Rights movement (some MRers have mildly criticized it), but it seems like it comes out of the same idea--that now men are the ones who are oppressed, that there needs to be a pushback against feminism, that men are now too discouraged to marry and have kids. But that just shows how worthless men are. If you are claiming that feminism is the reason women don't want you, or that women are taking over, maybe the problem is that you're fucking up your life and looking for something to blame? Men shouldn't fear feminism or women--why worry about competing with them in the workplace if you think you're competent in the first place? Why wouldn't you want to have a girlfriend or wife every bit as driven as you? Venker says that "if men today are slackers... women should look in the mirror and ask themselves what role they've played to bring about this transformation." If a man believes that, that's because it's self-serving bullshit. He's a slacker because he's a slacker, and maybe because men still have enough of an edge in society to get away with that shit. If you're a man who thinks that there's a "War on Men," you probably deserve to get beaten by the women.

@HCheadle

http://www.vice.com/read/youre-a-pussy-if-you-think-theres-a-war-on-men

neoteny

Now that women can dictate the terms of relationships

That's what I always wanted: my own personal dictator.  :rolle:
The spreading of information about the [quantum] system through the [classical] environment is ultimately responsible for the emergence of "objective reality." 

Wojciech Hubert Zurek: Decoherence, einselection, and the quantum origins of the classical

Bobby

sniff, sniff

What is that smell!?

Whyyyyyyy,

Thatīs the smell of fear.

Fear of losing control of the narrative.

The hit-men are really comming out of the shadows for this one; even the mob bosses:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2012/11/26/fox_s_war_on_men_blames_women.html
(canīt seem to copy and paste this one by Rosin)
A different approach to different times; Independent

Everytime you feel trapped in a feminst dystopia, just repeat this mantra to yourself: "there are 3.1 billion women on earth"; SIGE

Quentin0352

An interesting article I found while digging up info for people in facebook comments about another local female teacher caught having sex with students. Older but I was an MRA even before it was written.

http://reason.com/archives/2002/06/04/double-standard

Go Up