Who expects a recession in 2013?

yes
8 (100%)
no
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Go Down

PaulGuelph

Maybe just warning people who may not be expecting this.

(40% of Canadians say Yes.)

P.S. I think that the fiscal cliff cannot be avoided. It is just a matter of coming to terms with gov debt. Austerity measures like those in other countries with large amounts of debt are inevitable.
Men's Movie Guide:  http://www.mensmovieguide.com   The Healing Tomb: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081N1X145

dr e

Something will likely start this year though it may be 2014 before things get really crappy.  If Obama keeps printing more money it could put things off a bit. 

The whole fiscal cliff thing is such a joke. Our idiot legislators put off taking any corrective action to our dire straights for years even though they are well informed that things are in a huge mess.  Instead they pass legislation that says that if nothing is done by X date then Y cuts will happen.  They now blame the fiscal cliff as the problem rather than admitting that they are responsible.  They have simply been fiddling while rome is burning.  What a bunch of cowards.  No, COWARDS.  Not one statesman among them.  Well, maybe ron paul.   :greener:  It is maddening to hear them complain about the fiscal cliff when it is their doing to begin with.  What blows my mind is that these idiots continue to SPEND MORE MONEY!  Hell, spend a billion here and a billion there building infrastructure in Afghanistan!  More for VAWA! :BangHead:
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

PaulGuelph

What a bunch of cowards.
Yes dr e.  :BangHead:

Obama is grandstanding, but there is no solution. Just a question of accepting reality.

US debt is at 106% of GDP and Canada debt is at 85% of GDP. Recession in US will mean recession in Canada within a few months or maybe at the same time.

Men's Movie Guide:  http://www.mensmovieguide.com   The Healing Tomb: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081N1X145

neoteny

What blows my mind is that these idiots continue to SPEND MORE MONEY!

I figured it out: the US deficit is too big to fail.
The spreading of information about the [quantum] system through the [classical] environment is ultimately responsible for the emergence of "objective reality." 

Wojciech Hubert Zurek: Decoherence, einselection, and the quantum origins of the classical

outdoors

BRIAN

We are in a recession RIGHT NOW and I expect it to deepen. The Obama regime has cooked the books to make it appear as if there was minimal economic growth but there hasn't really been any other than on paper through ENRON style accounting. The Fiscal Cliff will actually buy us some time and forstall from total collapse at least for a bit. The sequestration will cut spending and slow the rate we are sinking at some but it won't stop it. The government will have to shrink drastically and cut out the vote buying(notice I didn't say services) and eliminate about 55% of its various departments.The only real way the socalled Fiscal Cliff will hurt us is via the tax increases that will pull more capital out of an already strapped economy. This is what happens every time a nation grants universal suffrage, the zero liability voter votes themselves gifts from the voters that produce. Romney was not really a conservative but he was correct that 47% of the population of the USA is on the dole and wants to stay that way.

Its sad that our once great nation is going to fall under the weight of the lech class. The solution is simple really all we have to do is shrink the National Government back to its Constitutional limits and do away with the income tax. Allow people to keep their own money and be free to engage in commerce as they see fit. We prospered for 150 years that way and became the envy of the entire world.

You may sleep soundly at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence upon those who seek to harm you.

Captain Courageous

From FACEBOOK:

William Stickevers

Did you know that the U.S. takes in a little more than $2 trillion in taxes, and it spends a little more than $3 trillion? The answer for most of you out there is a resounding NO. Also did you know, the real deficit for last year alone was $7 trillion (if you count everything) according to John Williams of Shadowstats.com. And when I say when you count everything, I am talking about the same accounting the government requires of business called GAAP (generally accepted accounting principles). So in order the prevent a real collapse, like the train-wreck that we are now witnessing in the Eurozone, means that we will have to spend a lot less and, yes, taxes will have to go up (Saturn in Scorpio - yes?). And of course this will be very painful for the American populace - the rich, the poor, and the rapidly fading middle-class will have to suffer the most to fix this financial debacle. It will take nearly a decade to fix these structural issues, and we are not going to be able to just "grow" our way out of it. In fact, the mainstream media "growth" lie has been going full-steam ahead for the past 4 years and the only thing that has grown is the debt and deficit of the U.S. along with unemployment. Still think this is all going to go away?

BRIAN

From FACEBOOK:

William Stickevers

Did you know that the U.S. takes in a little more than $2 trillion in taxes, and it spends a little more than $3 trillion? The answer for most of you out there is a resounding NO. Also did you know, the real deficit for last year alone was $7 trillion (if you count everything) according to John Williams of Shadowstats.com. And when I say when you count everything, I am talking about the same accounting the government requires of business called GAAP (generally accepted accounting principles). So in order the prevent a real collapse, like the train-wreck that we are now witnessing in the Eurozone, means that we will have to spend a lot less and, yes, taxes will have to go up (Saturn in Scorpio - yes?). And of course this will be very painful for the American populace - the rich, the poor, and the rapidly fading middle-class will have to suffer the most to fix this financial debacle. It will take nearly a decade to fix these structural issues, and we are not going to be able to just "grow" our way out of it. In fact, the mainstream media "growth" lie has been going full-steam ahead for the past 4 years and the only thing that has grown is the debt and deficit of the U.S. along with unemployment. Still think this is all going to go away?

I reject the notion that we will have to raise taxes. What we do have to do is cut $1.8T out of the budget. DoE, DoEd, DoInt. HHS, HUD all have to go bye bye. The Deffense budget will need to be slashed 50% and we will have to bring home our millitary forces from all around the world. Then the budget will ballance and we can look at entitlement spending on things like SSI and begin to pay down the debt. We take in $2.8T per year thats way more than we need to run the National Government, if we can cut the government to its Constitutional limits and have a Federal system again we will be fine. As a result we will also be prosperous and enjoy much more liberty.
You may sleep soundly at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence upon those who seek to harm you.

dr e

Brian said:
the zero liability voters vote themselves gifts from the voters that produce.

Indeed!  Well said.
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

CaptDMO

How much of that "deficit" is covered by borrowing (with interest)?
How much of that borrowing instantly becomes debit?
How much of that debt is held by "foreign interests"?
How much is held by actual citizens "investing" in the future?
How much debt is "owed", by every single person in (ie) the US, (ignore actual taxpayer, actual citizen, or other actual vote eligability status), as of TODAY?
What is the "fair share" of every person born, beginning TOMORROW?

While the current crop of Democrats (if in name only) are demanding that the "priveleges" associated with filibuster, "filling the tree", "hold", and "minority position", (who enacted these political science "devices" apparently with unintended consequence?) then WHY are the only folks authorized to "levy taxes" even TALKING to folks of "The White House", it's Cabinate, "Tzars", or appointees?

Oh, I get the whole balance of powers bit.
I ALSO get the whole Declaration/Constitution bit as well.

Tea Party? Libertarian? Conservative? "Right" wing?
Tell me again who's proposing Fascism. (look it up)
Tell me who's currently forcing the inevitable rationing(by any other name) when Communism (by any other name) is proved it can't  "just be done right", YET AGAIN?

SEE:
Henny Penny
The Boy Who Cried Wolf
The Emporor's New Clothes
Animal Farm

Here's a tip.
Before you write another word on "the net", write DIRECTLY to your "representitives".
In their "thinking", one actual letter (best, but mere Email helps) equals a thousand voices. "Petitions" CAN be helpful-if endorsed by actual voters/tax payers/ citizens/adults (NOW over 25 years),  but are often simply ignored. 
"Letters to the editor" (news, blog, etc.) are almost useless except for personal "venting".
Unless one claims "membership" in Organized Labor, community "activist" shell org., or a Special hyphenated "Rights" "org" , threats of violence/"civil" disobediance/ "orderly" protest/ will go straight to the trash, and MAY find one on the State Department/NSA/TSA/ IRS/FBI/UN/InterPol/ EBay/ Amazon/Affordable Health Care Act key word algorithem.     

Bobby

An alternative way to view the question of recession in the U.S., might be to think of the parts as opposed to the whole. Where is the worst concentrated parts and where are there some bright spots.

In spite of all the problems on a national level that Brian elucidated very well above, I can see a healthy economy in some places. If the whole country could be humming along like the Dakotas, Montana, maybe Wyoming, Texas, even probably New Hampshire, Alaska, Utah, Idaho, Oklahoma, and other places thereabouts we wouldn´t be talking about recession; but other places need to go through a severe correction. I would venture to guess that much of what will be hurting for the next few years will be localities big and small where no real gains have been made to addressing the ills that are many years in the making( this definitely includes all of the U.S. in terms of our common problems); more specifically Nevada, Florida, maybe Illinois, probably California( in spite of the power house of Silicon Valley), ? New York, New Jersey, ?; Of course, lots of speculation on my part. Furthermore, it would be possible to single out some more specific locals in all of the states as choice locations or disasters.

Captain Courageous alludes above to what I assume is our failure to account for future liabilities. Well, if anybody is still holding out hope that Social Security and Medicare, other pensions, are going to survive as they are projected into the future, you will need to disabuse yourself of this sooner or later :pino:
A different approach to different times; Independent

Everytime you feel trapped in a feminst dystopia, just repeat this mantra to yourself: "there are 3.1 billion women on earth"; SIGE

Peter

Been reading

http://www.doctorhousingbubble.com/

feel none the wiser.

If someone knows the truth, he keeps his mouth shut and makes his decisions.

BM-NByw7VE2PwjfTtsVdeE5ipuqx1AqkEv1

Go Up