What Do YOU Turn On the TV For?

Started by Captain Courageous, Jan 22, 2013, 07:22 PM

previous topic - next topic

What motivates you to turn on your television?

The quality of the programming offered
2 (14.3%)
The quality of the commercials shown
0 (0%)
The quality of the news programming provided
1 (7.1%)
Background noise to keep me company
4 (28.6%)
None of the above
7 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Go Down

Captain Courageous

What's your opinion on the current state of television programming?

Personally, I like the music they play on The Channel Guide.

Peter

Really, it is more than two years since I have turned on the television in order to watch something.

The reason I about once a year plug it in and switch it on is to check that it still works.  It may be useful if there is a major disaster or other unusual event.

At the same time I suggest to unsubscribe to any Marx Stream Media.
BM-NByw7VE2PwjfTtsVdeE5ipuqx1AqkEv1

Iron John

I do have a television, but no cable service. I gave all that up. Television is a blue pill misandry feast. 

Eviltwin

I cancelled my cable TV a couple of years ago because I got tired of subsidizing misandry. I don't miss it one bit.
Affirmative Action: The federal government takes your job away from you and gives it to a woman. Then she sneers at you because you are unemployed.

dr e

The only thing I watch is sports.
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

Iron John

I cancelled my cable TV a couple of years ago because I got tired of subsidizing misandry. I don't miss it one bit.

Ditto

Captain Courageous

I am listening to the 500th feature asking whether or not Beyond-say lip-synched the song she performed at the inauguration. This is interspersed with the 500th feature showing Hillary telling off the panel questioning her about her incompetence.

TripeSupper

Less and less to watch scheduled programming, I'm finding.

I watch sports (generally only soccer and snooker interest me) and some UK comedy shows. I download a few US drama shows, plus Family Guy, American Dad, Cleveland Show and Robot Chicken and watch these from my laptop, connected to my TV.

The only channels I watch "live" are History Channel (when they are showing Storage Wars and Pawn Stars) and sometimes MTV Dance.

Most of the time, UK TV is showing celebrity-based reality shows (featuring celebrities I have never heard of). Judging by the adverts shown between, TV is aimed at the uneducated/dysfunctional family. As a single male in his thirties, there is very little to interest me.

Captain Courageous

Jan 24, 2013, 08:39 PM Last Edit: Jan 24, 2013, 08:42 PM by Captain Courageous

Less and less to watch scheduled programming, I'm finding.

I watch sports (generally only soccer and snooker interest me) and some UK comedy shows. I download a few US drama shows, plus Family Guy, American Dad, Cleveland Show and Robot Chicken and watch these from my laptop, connected to my TV.

The only channels I watch "live" are History Channel (when they are showing Storage Wars and Pawn Stars) and sometimes MTV Dance.

Most of the time, UK TV is showing celebrity-based reality shows (featuring celebrities I have never heard of). Judging by the adverts shown between, TV is aimed at the uneducated/dysfunctional family. As a single male in his thirties, there is very little to interest me.

Male audiences in your age and marriage bracket do not seem to register on the radar of network execs and ad agencies ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_advertising_agencies_by_revenue

Captain Courageous

I've gone back to listening to good music - on the radio, internet and on CD's.

PaulGuelph

:yikes: In my experience, you can get a lot more channels with an antenna now that it is all digital.

I used to get 3 analog channels with rabbit ears (Edmonton), but now with digital my rabbit ears pick up 8 channels.

I cancelled my cable ($75/month) and now have rabbit ears and Netflix $8/month)

Cable is the biggest ripoff ever!

I like to watch Murdock Mysteries. It reminds me of rural Ontario.
Men's Movie Guide:  http://www.mensmovieguide.com   The Healing Tomb: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081N1X145

BRIAN

I watch a few select shows on broadcast TV. I watch cable for movies, HBO for Game of Thrones and some of their comedy specials and moves and ESPN.
You may sleep soundly at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence upon those who seek to harm you.

wh666

I don't even own my own Tv anymore.  Only thing I miss are documentaries at times; can live without light entertainment channels.

I do watch Tv a little on my mobile, Ted talks, etc.

Captain Courageous

I see more and more MRA's that are doing without TV.

I also see more and more that restrict their viewing to news, weather and sports.

Another pattern that seems to be emerging is MRA's who confine their viewing to only documentary/information shows, such as Frontline on PBS or The History Channel.

CaptDMO

Sometimes, when I'm feeling particularly stupid for my inability to be named King of the Planet, (If only they'd do it MY way) I'll turn on cable "opinion" shows. 

They let me feeeeel vastly more intellegent in contrast.
Otherwise, it's adult level cartoons and old movies.
Mike Rowe (Dirty Jobs) covered all the stuff of this generation that I needed to "learn" about. Strangely, none of the folks featured on his show held any of the jobs that "popular wisdom" tells us NEED "Higher education" credentials to make a decent living, like...cable TV "news" show "host", or once-deemed "expert" (now... spending more time with their family) "advocate".   

Go Up