Shattering the Mens rights movement

Started by outdoors, Feb 14, 2013, 03:06 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

outdoors

What I have been trying to say since avfm took over the gay rights agenda.

Shattering the Mens rights movement

I see a danger to the MRA that's been growing for several months now, and it may be difficult for tolerant guys like us to address. If we don't address it however, it could cost us 40% of potential future MRA's as well as a good sized chunk of current MRAs. So here goes. I'm going to have to say it.

outdoors

Oh geez...another one......

The PC is strong with this one

The PC is strong with this one

bluegrass

Personally I have absolutely no idea why any MRA would want to leave gays out of the movement.  It really just makes no logical sense to me.

To me, issues that people have with gay men are nothing more than another manifestation of the demonization of male sexuality in general. 

If you don't want to involve yourself with gay issues then don't.  There are plenty of issues on the MRA plate to work with that don't involve gay rights.

In a way being a gay man is the ultimate MGTOW.
"To such females, womanhood is more sacrosanct by a thousand times than the Virgin Mary to popes--and motherhood, that degree raised to astronomic power. They have eaten the legend about themselves and believe it; they live it; they require fealty of us all." -- Philip Wylie, Generation of Vipers

Virtue

Gay men are also men....what affects them affects us and vice-versa.
Imagine waking up tomorrow to find
that unbelievably rape is now legal.

You would be freaking out, telling everyone you ran into this is crazy- something needs to be done... now!!! And then every man you told this to just very smugly and condescendingly says...

"Hey... not all men are 'like that.'"

PaulGuelph

I don't know everything that is going on, but I don't see a big focus on gay rights within the MRA.

The bigger issue is that MRA should be more than just a backlash against all social change since 1950. I don't want to go backwards in time.

I want to go forwards, but just differently than the feminists. That means accepting some of the social change that has happened, but where that social change does not hurt anyone. That means accepting gays.

Besides that, gays are our natural allies in that we are all trying to empower men and reduce the restrictions on what a man can do and be.
Men's Movie Guide:  http://www.mensmovieguide.com   The Healing Tomb: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081N1X145

dr e

Gay men should be natural allies of MRA's since they are men.

However

Gay men are a part of the victim olympics that we see with numerous groups vying for, and having won, victim status in the culture at large. (men (generic) will never be given victim status since they are demanded to be providers, protectors and disposable.  You can't make the paper towel a victim, it just won't work)

Gay men have been aligned with feminism which is a natural enemy of men.

There seems to be a natural distrust between gay men and straight men. (call it homophobia and heterophobia but it seems to go both ways from my observation)

You do the math.
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

outdoors

Gay men should be natural allies of MRA's since they are men.

However

Gay men are a part of the victim olympics that we see with numerous groups vying for, and having won, victim status in the culture at large. (men (generic) will never be given victim status since they are demanded to be providers, protectors and disposable.  You can't make the paper towel a victim, it just won't work)

There seems to be a natural distrust between gay men and straight men. (call it homophobia and heterophobia but it seems to go both ways from my observation)

You do the math.

Yep.

Virtue

However

You do the math.

I disagree Dr E........Back in the 80 the political leaders of the Homosexual (male) movement .....most of them died of aids.....Lesbians stepped in to fill the vacuum.....Believe it or not most homosexual males I have come in contact with are on our side.

You would be freaking out, telling everyone you ran into this is crazy- something needs to be done... now!!! And then every man you told this to just very smugly and condescendingly says...

Virtue

Organizations like Pink pistols are going to be our biggest allies and its going to be associations like that which will help us destroy post modern feminist and their victim mentality.

dr e

However

You do the math.

I disagree Dr E........Back in the 80 the political leaders of the Homosexual (male) movement .....most of them died of aids.....Lesbians stepped in to fill the vacuum.....Believe it or not most homosexual males I have come in contact with are on our side.

I do hope you are correct.  If most are on our side can you find some links or articles written by gay men that support MRA positions? 
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

Tigerman

However

You do the math.

I do hope you are correct.  If most are on our side can you find some links or articles written by gay men that support MRA positions? 

Ironically a gay man who is a supporter and donating contributor to AVFM has written five strongly pro-male articles already for AVFM. Here is the address of the page from which links to all five articles can be assessed. http://www.avoiceformen.com/author/andybob/
To outdoors - you seem like a nice enough chap (assuming that was you in the video you posted) but I do wonder where you are getting your information. AVFM supports all men of whatever creed, colour or sexuality. To my knowledge (and I visit and read articles on the site almost every day) AVFM has not published a single article promoting "gay rights" - there is a strong consensus fully supported by Paul Elam that AVFM distance itself from partisanship of political, cultural, sexual or religious because men of all different kinds are potentially subject to the unfairness and injustices of a largely misandric culture. For this reason the focus has been put where it should be i.e. on the human rights issues we share as men and that's it.
We are not there to promote left, right or even no wing politics neither religion, atheism, agnosticism, sports teams, white guys , non white guys, straight guys, gay guys , trans guys, not sure guys, blue collar, white collar, rich men, poor men, teetotal, alcoholic, fathers, non fathers, married, divorced, bachelors etc etc etc. As a result of this policy and attitude we are beginning to see something quite wonderful occurring and it is not just a wide diversity of men, one of the regular callers to the radio show is a really hip kid of just 13 years old! His grasp of the issues would shame many a seasoned MRA and what's more he shares his knowledge and views with many of his school mates. On top of that we are beginning to attract more women too  - some are already very widely known like Erin Pizzey and "Girl Writes What" (she now uses her real name in posts to AVFM  but I have forgotten what it is (lol) others not yet as widely known (although I think most here are familiar with typhonblue) all told there are now 8-10 approx women that are very active - some go out postering, contribute funds, write articles and write pieces for and appear on the radio show. Some indeed do all of the foregoing and more! Most of them are mothers and all of them are concerned for the plight of men that they are close to and indeed for men in general. In short to a woman they are dammed good MRA'S and all of them make me feel a little guilty such is their energy,commitment and enthusiasm for marching forward in the humane cause of helping men. There is no mission creep - the gays and the women that have joined the ranks over there are very focussed and crystal clear about the goals and the obstacles that men are facing there is no  "well we'll help out a bit if you take this womens issue on board as well" as many paranoid critics are either fearing alleging or both!
AVFM is on our side all of us :)

dr e

Great to hear Tigerman. Thanks for posting this.

outdoors

Feb 18, 2013, 02:57 PM Last Edit: Feb 24, 2013, 07:25 AM by outdoors

outdoors

MHRM.....The Fall Of AVFM?

MHRM.....The Fall Of AVFM?

outdoors

The M(H?)RM and Gay Rights

The M(H?)RM and Gay Rights

Go Up