Post MSM and other False Accusation Articles Here

Started by Captain Courageous, Apr 08, 2013, 07:05 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Captain Courageous

Apr 08, 2013, 07:05 PM Last Edit: Apr 09, 2013, 12:58 PM by Captain Courageous
Every one of them you happen to run across. We want to keep our own statistics on false rape, DV and sexual harassment charges, especially those in which the accuser is found guilty of trying to put one over on the criminal justice system.

(Put "false rape onvictions" in any search engine.)

Here is my first contribution:

NDSU student gets time served for filing false rape report
Emily Welker, Published March 28 2013

Mary Gullickson, who resides on campus, was arrested without incident at the campus police station, according to NDSU police Lt. Gregory Stone.

FARGO - A student at North Dakota State University who arranged for a man to pretend to rape and kidnap her to satisfy her "rape fantasy" - then told police she was actually sexually assaulted - pleaded guilty Thursday to filing a false police report.

Mary Kate Gullickson, 20, pleaded guilty in her first appearance in Cass County District Court since being arrested by campus police Tuesday.

Prosecutors in the case asked for Gullickson to be sentenced to time served for the Class A misdemeanor, with a year of supervised probation during which she was set to receive a psychiatric evaluation and to follow through with the treatment recommended for her.

Judge Douglas Herman approved the recommendation. She will also have to pay restitution, covering the cost of investigating the bogus rape claim. Prosecutors have 60 days to provide the bill to the court.

The NDSU junior majoring in psychology reported to police that she had been abducted by a man in a ski mask from a campus parking lot Sunday night, then raped elsewhere and taken back to the parking lot.

Those claims closely matched a Craigslist ad posted by a person investigators determined was Gullickson. Police say in court records that Gullickson admitted posting the ad and finding someone to follow through with it.

Her boyfriend forced her to make the false report, she told police.

After Herman noted that the initial report attracted a great deal of public attention, Gullickson said, "I don't think that should be taken into consideration in my sentence."

A call to Gullickson's cell phone for comment was not returned.

https://secure.forumcomm.com/?publisher_ID=1&article_id=394648&CFID=447783381&CFTOKEN=91357308

Captain Courageous

Woman Charged In UC Santa Cruz Fake Rape Report
March 21, 2013 5:53 PM

Copyrighted material - here is the link to the original article:

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2013/03/21/woman-charged-in-uc-santa-cruz-fake-rape-report/

Captain Courageous

JURY ACQUITS MAN OF EMPLOYEE RAPE   Defense claimed woman had motivation to lie

Spokesman-Review, The (Spokane, WA) - Wednesday, October 3, 2012

An Airway Heights man was cleared of rape and kidnapping charges by a unanimous jury Tuesday after a young female employee made allegations of such an attack last summer. Thomas C. Rohn, 38, was found not guilty of first-degree rape, kidnapping and unlawful imprisonment in a case that landed him in jail in August 2011 with a $260,000 bond. The arrest was lauded by an Airway Heights detective, who said he was glad to have Rohn off the street. With his head down, Rohn shuddered and cried after the Spokane County jury cleared his name. "They tried to blackmail me. They tried to get me to pay $5,000 or they would accuse me of rape," Rohn said of the two female employees who accused him of the abduction and sexual assaults. Airway Heights "police never investigated it," Rohn said. "I'm an innocent man." Rohn was arrested last summer on three counts of first-degree rape and first-degree kidnapping after two young employees claimed that they gave him rides from their jobs at the Organic Spa kiosk in NorthTown Mall to Rohn's home in Airway Heights. Rohn was manager. Despite three counts of both kidnapping and rape, Rohn stood trial for just one count of each involving one of the women. The alleged victim - who was 19 at the time - claimed that she gave Rohn a ride home at his request. Once inside his home, she claimed Rohn locked his door, forced her into his bedroom, blindfolded her and raped her as he ordered her to say, "I deserved to be punished," according to court records. But Rohn's attorney, Brooke Hagara, told the jury in closing arguments Monday that the alleged victim told several versions of her story, which Hagara labeled a cover story to explain to the woman's boyfriend why she was with Rohn. The alleged victim "got wrapped up in something that went rapidly out of control," Hagara said Monday. She "had a boyfriend. She had a motive to lie. She got herself into a situation that escalated rapidly out of control." Deputy Prosecutor Eugene Cruz immediately left the courtroom after the verdict Tuesday. But on Monday, he asked the jury to convict Rohn. The young woman "was duped into thinking that she was just going to give the defendant a ride and of course the defendant has something else in mind." At trial, Rohn testified that they had consensual sex. After the case ended, Rohn, with tears still streaming down his face, walked over to Hagara and said: "You are one of the best people I've ever met in my life. You gave me my life back."

http://www.the-niceguy.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=58544&hl=

neoteny

The link seems to be broken. This has the same text.
The spreading of information about the [quantum] system through the [classical] environment is ultimately responsible for the emergence of "objective reality." 

Wojciech Hubert Zurek: Decoherence, einselection, and the quantum origins of the classical

Captain Courageous

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Woman jailed after 11th false rape claim in a decade

Elizabeth Jones, 22, was sentenced to 16 months in prison after she lied that a man raped her because she "did not like him." The man was arrested, taken into custody, and questioned for nine hours. CCTV of the house in which Jones claimed to have been attacked did not support her story. Contrary to her tale, it did not show her being forcibly taken there. Jones admitted to one count of attempting to pervert the course of justice. The story is reported here.

This was Jones' eleventh false rape claim in a decade. She made her first complaint in 2004 when she was just 13. In 2009 she was given a ten month detention and training order for a similar offence. Between 2005 and 2007 she had made eight other allegations, which police investigated, but she was never charged.

Judge Derwin Hope said her offences had caused a "terrible emotional experience" to her alledged attacker. But he also said it struck at the heart of the criminal justice system. Megan Topliss, defending, said her client had endured a disturbed childhood and had been left traumatised after being taken into care.

http://www.cotwa.info/2013/02/woman-jailed-after-11-false-rape-claims.html

Captain Courageous

Apr 09, 2013, 12:39 PM Last Edit: Apr 09, 2013, 12:45 PM by Captain Courageous
This one is from a thread posted on the forum below:

http://talk.baltimoresun.com/showthread.php?329597-GA-Woman-Charged-with-Making-False-Rape-Claim-Against-Deputy

GA Woman Charged with Making False Rape Claim Against Deputy

Seems to be more and more common, these false claims can sometimes be taken seriously, enough that men will go to jail on fake charges.

Glad to see this woman is being prosecuted for "pulling the rape card."

An Evans woman was charged Tuesday with falsely accusing a deputy of raping her during a weekend traffic stop.

Kelsey Alane Long, 23, was charged with making a false report of a crime, possession of a Schedule III drug, possession of a controlled substance, obstruction and several traffic charges. She is being held in the Columbia County Detention Center without bond, according to sheriff's Capt. Steve Morris.

Long told a deputy taking her complaint at Georgia Regents Medical Center early Sunday that a deputy raped her in the front yard of a Martinez home about 2:30 a.m. during a traffic stop. The deputy taking her complaint told Long that making a false report of a crime was a felony, but she wanted to file the report anyway, according to a sheriff's office incident report.

Captain Courageous

Apr 09, 2013, 12:44 PM Last Edit: Apr 10, 2013, 09:11 AM by Captain Courageous
False Rape Accusation Leads to Conviction Being Overturned After Man Spends 11 Years In Prison
Posted on April 11, 2012 by John Murphy

In recent years,  a number of inmates have been released after spending decades in prison.  Often, the accused is exonerated based on DNA evidence.  In some of those cases, the accused pled guilty to avoid a more severe sentence, even though he had maintained his innocence in private.

A recent article in the American Bar Association's online version of the Journal highlights a recent case where a man accused of raping his own daughter was exonerated after he had spent 11 years in prison.  His release from prison was not based on DNA evidence, but based on the daughter admitting she had made the whole story up because she was mad at her father after he and her mother got divorced.  She had heard about a friend who had been molested by a relative, and decided to make the same claim against her father to get back at him.

Child molestation cases are extremely difficult to defend.  Because of laws that allow late reporting, and which have virtually eliminated the statute of limitations for bringing such actions, a child can make an accusation long after any physical evidence would be testable to prove the event didn't occur.  Therefore, the cases often come down to the proverbial "he said / she said," and juries tend to believe children over adults.

The case discussed in this article shows that justice can come to those falsely accused, however it is often after a great price has been paid by an innocent person.

http://www.murphylawoffice.org/blog/2012/04/false-rape-accusation-leads-to-conviction-being-overturned-after-man-spends-11-years-in-prison/

Cysterhood

Apr 09, 2013, 06:45 PM Last Edit: Apr 09, 2013, 06:47 PM by Cysterhood
As for thids one, I don't know if she was charged with anything in the end. By the way the media was bending over backwards to make excuses for her I doubt it. This case had a long and seedy history. If you google "st kilda schoool girl" you will find pages and pages on it if you want to know more. I wasn't able to find a single page that summed it up well in the time I had.

From memory she lied about getting pregnant to a football player, then she lied about being raped by a football manager, then she lied about haveing a relationship/ using drugs with manager etc. Initially she justified her claims and campaign as an attack on all the evil male footballers and all the bad things they do to women.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/st-kilda-schoolgirl-kim-duthie-retracts-sex-and-drugs-claims-against-ex-afl-player-agent-ricky-nixon/story-e6frf3e3-1226072096461#.UWTAD8pc3Vk

The schoolgirl, Kim Duthie, made a public apology to Nixon saying, it would have been "absolute hell" and that she had lied about having sex with him.

She told Network Ten the decision to tell the lies - which Nixon has claimed have destroyed his career, his family and his life - were made on the spur of the moment.

"I just must be a good liar," she said, explaining how she beat a lie-detector test.

But in a clip shown after the interview ended, Duthie cast doubt on her latest apology and admission.

"I can tell already that you know, that everything I just said I lied about," she was captured on camera telling hosts of The 7pm Project after she thought the interview was over.

Duthie had earlier also told the network damning video of Nixon in her hotel room in his underpants was taken because the AFL player manager had accidentally become drugged by something put in his drink

The latest twists look set to complicate a police investigation into Nixon, with a brief of evidence under review from the Office of Public Prosecutions.

Police chief commissioner Simon Overland has said Duthie could potentially face charges if she made a false statement to police.

Nixon has denied pressuring Duthie to retract her statement and has always rejected her claims of sex and drugs.

"There's absolutely no deal between her and I whatsoever. Please, give me some respect," he told the Seven Network.

Duthie has previously admitted making up claims she became pregnant to a St Kilda footballer, and to stealing nude photos of players she published on the internet.

In her latest claims she has said when she spoke to an AFL Players' Association (AFLPA) inquiry into the Ricky Nixon saga she was drug-affected.

These claims have been denied by David Galbally QC, who led the inquiry, saying if she had been under the influence, the interview would not have gone ahead.

In his report, Galbally found Nixon had taken advantage of a vulnerable girl and engaged in drug-taking and sex with her.

Nixon has confirmed he intends to seek damages from the AFLPA, saying the organisation relied on the evidence of a 17-year-old who "clearly had some problems".

Nixon said he had received preliminary advice that he could seek damages in the millions and was also looking at suing two media outlets.

When asked by the Seven Network to explain why he had been with Duthie in a hotel room, Nixon refused to elaborate before abruptly hanging up.

AFLPA says they stands by their decision to revoke Nixon's licence for a minimum of two years in March, saying in a statement that it did not solely rely on Duthie's statement in their investigation.
I'm mad.
I'm furious.
I've enough rage to fuel a thousand suns.

Captain Courageous

False Rape Accusation Leads to Conviction Being Overturned After Man Spends 11 Years In Prison
Posted on April 11, 2012 by John Murphy

In recent years,  a number of inmates have been released after spending decades in prison.  Often, the accused is exonerated based on DNA evidence.  In some of those cases, the accused pled guilty to avoid a more severe sentence, even though he had maintained his innocence in private.

A recent article in the American Bar Association's online version of the Journal highlights *** a recent case where a man accused of raping his own daughter was exonerated after he had spent 11 years in prison.  His release from prison was not based on DNA evidence, but based on the daughter admitting she had made the whole story up because she was mad at her father after he and her mother got divorced.  She had heard about a friend who had been molested by a relative, and decided to make the same claim against her father to get back at him.

Child molestation cases are extremely difficult to defend.  Because of laws that allow late reporting, and which have virtually eliminated the statute of limitations for bringing such actions, a child can make an accusation long after any physical evidence would be testable to prove the event didn't occur.  Therefore, the cases often come down to the proverbial "he said / she said," and juries tend to believe children over adults.

The case discussed in this article shows that justice can come to those falsely accused, however it is often after a great price has been paid by an innocent person.

http://www.murphylawoffice.org/blog/2012/04/false-rape-accusation-leads-to-conviction-being-overturned-after-man-spends-11-years-in-prison/

***http://www.abajournal.com/news/article/now_23_young_woman_says_she_made_up_testimony_that_put_her_dad_in_prison_fo/?utm_source=maestro&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=weekly_email

Captain Courageous

Wanetta Gibson Lawsuit: School Sues Woman Over False Rape Accusation

LONG BEACH, Calif. -- The Long Beach Unified School District is suing a woman who falsely accused a former high school football star of rape in hopes of recovering legal fees and a $750,000 settlement paid to her.

The Long Beach Press-Telegram reported Thursday (http://bit.ly/16TjOrb) that the district alleged Wanetta Gibson committed contractual fraud in a lawsuit filed last November.

Gibson was 15 when she accused Brian Banks of attacking her on their high school campus. He insisted the sexual contact with Gibson was consensual, but pleaded no contest to forcible rape on the advice of his lawyer and spent more than five years in prison.

When he got out of prison, Gibson reached out to Banks on Facebook.

During an initial meeting with him, she said she had lied and offered to help him clear his record. But she refused to repeat the story to prosecutors because she feared she would have to return a settlement from a civil lawsuit brought by her mother against the school district.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/13/wanetta-gibson-lawsuit_n_3075566.html

Captain Courageous

Police: Johnson City woman lied about burglary, sexual assault

By NET News service
Published April 27th, 2013 10:16 am

A Johnson City woman lied when she reported a burglary and sexual assault on Friday, resulting in her arrest this morning, police said in a news release.

Jennifer Sammons, 1825 Todd Drive, was charged with filing a false police report.

http://www.timesnews.net/article/9060935/police-johnson-city-woman-lied-about-burglary-sexual-assault

Go Up