Oral Sex Study: Can Cunnilingus Ward Off Infidelity?

Started by PowerMan72, Jul 07, 2013, 08:41 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

PowerMan72

:laughing6:
Oral Sex Study: Can Cunnilingus Ward Off Infidelity?
Posted: 07/03/2013 4:47 pm EDT  |  Updated: 07/05/2013 11:35 am EDT

According to a recently published study, one of the reasons men perform oral sex on female partners may be to minimize the risk of infidelity.

The study, published late last month in the Journal of Evolutionary Psychology, sought to discover why men perform oral sex on women, since the act does not lead directly to reproduction.

After surveying 243 adult men in heterosexual relationships, the researchers deduced that cunnilingus is used to discourage women from cheating, a theory the authors refer to as a "mate-retention strategy."

The research suggests that men perform oral sex on their female partners in order "to minimize the risk of their partner's infidelity by increasing her relationship satisfaction."

The study has garnered some negative reactions across the web: An article on The Gloss wondered why the researchers aren't "questioning the evolutionary advantage of oral sex for men? Isn't that purposeless, too?" And Handbag.com writer Kate Gilbert pointed out that perhaps men perform oral sex because it's pleasurable: "Sorry science guys -- sometimes things are just meant for fun."
Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan: "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."

Captain Courageous

The female sexual response is very complicated ... too complicated for generalizations.
Some like oral and some don't. Some like manual stimulation and some don't. Some like
penile penetration and some don't. Some need extras, such as ....

T.M.I. (Nevermind)

Cordell Walker

my sons mom used to joke about her preference for white men by saying " all the brothas say once you got black you never go back, but once I went white, I knew I'd been ate right" :toothy9:
"how can you kill women and children?"---private joker
"Easy, ya just dont lead em as much" ---Animal Mother

PaulGuelph

Maybe it is because they want to please their female partners. Perhaps it is not an act of pure selfishness after all.  :yikes:
Men's Movie Guide:  http://www.mensmovieguide.com   The Healing Tomb: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081N1X145

BRIAN

Maybe it is because they want to please their female partners. Perhaps it is not an act of pure selfishness after all.  :yikes:

Yep.

And perhaps men realize that it's the polite thing to reciprocate.
You may sleep soundly at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence upon those who seek to harm you.

AnubisRox

Isn't this article also saying that if she cheats on the guy then its HIS FAULT since he didn't go down on her?  :dontknow:
ell she turned me into a NEWT!! A newt?! Er..., well I got better.

Go Up