Hugo Schwyzer quits the Internet

Started by Galt, Jul 18, 2013, 02:05 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Galt

Our old pal Hugs has quit the Internet:

http://www.hugoschwyzer.net/2013/07/18/taking-a-break/

I saw his Twitter feed beforehand, and he was really pissed that everyone on the Internet was mean to him. He has now deleted his Twitter feed and Facebook account etc.

I feel bad - I was looking forward to further descriptions of how men are all shit and should ingratiate themselves with women, who are all angels and good.

I guess.

neoteny

Maybe he cut himself on shards of the gender myths he shattered.
The spreading of information about the [quantum] system through the [classical] environment is ultimately responsible for the emergence of "objective reality." 

Wojciech Hubert Zurek: Decoherence, einselection, and the quantum origins of the classical

Iron John

Oh darn.  :rolle:

dr e

Maybe he cut himself on shards of the gender myths he shattered.

Well said!  lol
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

bluegrass

$5 says his wife is dumping him.  Watch - you;ll see.
"To such females, womanhood is more sacrosanct by a thousand times than the Virgin Mary to popes--and motherhood, that degree raised to astronomic power. They have eaten the legend about themselves and believe it; they live it; they require fealty of us all." -- Philip Wylie, Generation of Vipers

dr e

Good point Bluegrass.  It's about that time. What is this #4?  LOL
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

BRIAN

The net isn't an echo chamber. I guess he can't handle those who disagree.
You may sleep soundly at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence upon those who seek to harm you.

Galt

I didn't think of that, but it's a real possibility. Hugo has a history of placating women, no matter what, and I could see her complaining heftily about people ragging on him left and right in the Internet. There are websites like "Fuck You, Hugo", "Hell No, Hugo" and "Scumbag Hugo" memes. The wife may be getting tired of it.

Go Up