Paul Elam / AVFM on 20/20 October 18

Started by Galt, Oct 17, 2013, 09:17 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Galt

http://www.avoiceformen.com/mens-rights/avfm-on-2020-update/

Paul Elam / A Voice for Men will be on the network television program "20/20" on October 18.

Apparently Elisabeth Vargas interviewed him and was as hostile as she could be while still trying to pretend she was objective.

dr e

This will be very interesting.  Thanks Galt.
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

outdoors

I hope someone posts a link or a video.

Don't know if I will have internet by then and would like to come back to it and have a look.

I am sure that it will be obvious to most people how the interview was set up.

If Elam holds his composure,then he will do more than well and people will see it.

dr e

It wlll be on tv tonight at 10:00 pm via ABC.  Probably lots of links tomorrow to clips or to the whole thing.

Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

Galt

From what I see in the Internet, it looks like 20/20 brought a different story. Sorry about that - AVFM seemed to be pretty sure that they were going to bring the Paul Elam story. Maybe next week.

dr e

Yeah, maybe they got cold feet after getting hammered on the net about their depiction of AVFM.  I guess we will see.

CaptDMO

As usual:
Um...transcript?

Confession: (Wait, let me put down my cane)While I STILL don't "do" facebook, twitter, (et al.,ad nauseam, I have surrendered to streaming video, (and other technology less than 20 years old).

You damned kids STILL stay off my lawn(wait, where the hell did I put my cane), but a link to a vid of the show, from some helpful Boy Scout/Sheep Dog (if it ever airs) would be helpful.   

Galt

CaptDMO:

Here's an at least fairly legal way of getting television programs. A German website markets itself as an "on-line TV recorder". Instead of capturing television programs with a VCR (which is legal), you do it on-line (which has at least withstood a lawsuit from a German network called "RTL"). You have to pick your TV shows in advance, just like you would with a VCR.

The link is initially in German, but if you scroll all the way down, on the right-hand side you will see "choose language" or something like that. Pick "English", and the entire website is translated into a more-or-less understandable version of English. You just program the TV shows you want to see - initially they were only German shows, but now they have all US networks and lots of cable companies (in addition to channels in other countries). You initially get a few points to play with, and you can get points by clicking on advertisements, but you can also just transfer a few bucks - 10 bucks will last for months.

http://www.onlinetvrecorder.com

Galt

Oct 19, 2013, 02:56 PM Last Edit: Oct 19, 2013, 09:17 PM by Galt
I'm seeing more and more in the Internet that ABC canceled the MRA show with Elam and others - and replaced it with a different show - because of heavy male-positive comments on another hit piece that ABC did from two inexperienced girls posing as grown-up reporters for ABC.

I have really seen a strong change in the last 10 years with regard to public opinion about men's rights. My own family is becoming aware of these issues - and not necessarily from me.

bluegrass

I'm seeing more and more in the Internet that ABC canceled the MRA show with Elam and others - and replaced it with a different show - because of heavy male-positive comments on another hit piece that ABC did from two inexperienced girls posing as grown-up reporters for ABC.

I have really seen a strong change in the last 10 years with regard to public opinion about men's rights. My own family is becoming aware of these issues - and not necessarily from me.

I tend to agree with this though it also seems like the public awareness waxes and wanes some without much sense to it.

I loved the part in the promo where Elam talks about the family courts being biased against men and she makes a face like she's shocked - like she's never heard such a thing before!  Virtually every single person that watched that promo and read that article knows at least two men whose lives have been completely wrecked by divorce.  For many of them it will have been their father or brother.  Yet Vargas has never heard of this!

There's really only two ways anyone could interpret that:

-Vargas really hasn't heard of this before and is therefore completely out of touch with what's happening in the very society she lives in.  She leads a life so insular that she's incompetent as a journalist.

-Vargas is totally faking her reaction and doing so to set an adversarial tone for an obvious hit piece.

Just wait.  Elam will be on 60 minutes within a year.  Mark my words - remember I was right about Hugo.
"To such females, womanhood is more sacrosanct by a thousand times than the Virgin Mary to popes--and motherhood, that degree raised to astronomic power. They have eaten the legend about themselves and believe it; they live it; they require fealty of us all." -- Philip Wylie, Generation of Vipers

bluegrass

But if there has been somewhat of a sea change - and I think there has as well - you can attribute it to the anonymity of the internet and major news sites with open commenting.  Shaming has been the primary and most powerful tool used to keep men's voices down.  The anonymity removes that ability to shame.

Feminism has been largely unopposed regardless of the exaggerations and historical revisions.  I think the women's fight to get the vote resulted in something like three fatalities.  One threw herself under a moving horse carriage, and possibly two I think died of a hunger strike in prison.  How many men died to get the vote?  Maybe a million or two over the course of a couple of centuries?  The women actually had to kill themselves because no one else was willing to do it.

So the anonymous commenting on news sites is a big thing.  It allows for the disaffected to push back every time some bullshit statistic or "women hardest hit" or wage gap garbage or whatever comes up and take some of the fun out of their victimhood.  And maybe that's really what's changing things incrementally:  women get some kind of steady emotional payoff from reading that stuff about how vicitmized they are, how we care and what the plan is for rescuing them.  Making them account for every outrageous claim takes some of that away from them - bit by bit until there isn't enough left to get their fix anymore.  At that point hopefully maybe they'll start to move on to getting affirmation by being productive instead.
"To such females, womanhood is more sacrosanct by a thousand times than the Virgin Mary to popes--and motherhood, that degree raised to astronomic power. They have eaten the legend about themselves and believe it; they live it; they require fealty of us all." -- Philip Wylie, Generation of Vipers

bluegrass

So don't be surprised if you see them start to try to take internet anonymity away, which I believe has already been talked about at certain times.

But at the same time it will be at odds with their business model.  Plain and simple anonymous commenting means more comments, then more clicks and more ad revenue.

It's an interesting dynamic.

neoteny

take some of the fun out of their victimhood

Somewhat related: The Wannabe Oppressed
The spreading of information about the [quantum] system through the [classical] environment is ultimately responsible for the emergence of "objective reality." 

Wojciech Hubert Zurek: Decoherence, einselection, and the quantum origins of the classical

Tigerman

Yeah, maybe they got cold feet after getting hammered on the net about their depiction of AVFM.  I guess we will see.

Yes ABC apparently got cold feet and pulled the show - Paul Elam asked for an explanation and got none back. My take on this is pretty much the same as yours - ie feminists within ABC were horrified that their hatchet piece had backfired big time after seeing the reaction to the online version of the piece.
But no matter the reason this is good news as it shows that the MSM stranglehold on the "gender" narrative is being seriously weakened and that throwing mud at the wrong target can leave THEM with egg on their faces.

dr e

Yes ABC apparently got cold feet and pulled the show - Paul Elam asked for an explanation and got none back. My take on this is pretty much the same as yours - ie feminists within ABC were horrified that their hatchet piece had backfired big time after seeing the reaction to the online version of the piece.
But no matter the reason this is good news as it shows that the MSM stranglehold on the "gender" narrative is being seriously weakened and that throwing mud at the wrong target can leave THEM with egg on their faces.

Very good points Tigerman. I think you are correct, it does show their weakness and vulnerability. If they had no vulnerability they would have run it in a NY second. The feminist machine is starting to falter. 

Go Up