Albert Einstein on American Women

Started by Galt, Nov 02, 2013, 11:11 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Galt

"Above all things there are the women who, as a literal fact, dominate the entire life in America. The men take an interest in absolutely nothing at all. They work and work, the like of which I have never seen anywhere yet. For the rest they are the toy dogs of the women, who spend the money in a most unmeasurable, illimitable way and wrap themselves in a fog of extravagance."

http://query.nytimes.com/mem/archive-free/pdf?res=F1071FF73D5A1B7A93CBA9178CD85F458285F9

http://www.avoiceformen.com/series/unknown-history-of-misandry/einsteins-theory-of-relationships/

One response:

Domination of women over men in America is not a national phase, but a world-wide one, believes William Wrigley Jr. "It is just as true in Germany as it is here." he says. "Einstein is right on the women, and I'm proud of the fact. Aren't the women behind everything a man does? Maybe not openly, but they're there just the same. What else can a man do with his money but spend it on his wife?"

-----------------

Keep in mind that all of this was back in 1921, when - as Jessica Valente and Amanda Marcotte and millions of others of feminists will tell you - women were really, super-duper oppressed.

bluegrass

A few years ago I went on a tear reading all kinds of free books on Project Gutenberg.  Since they're all public domain books they were all basically written before about 1920.

One thing that struck me is what a whole scale revision of social history has happened in the last couple of decades.  And it continues to this day.  I often catch things in popular TV shows and movies that are set in the 19th century that dramatically misrepresent the treatment of women in those days.  I've seen some especially agregious ones from the AMC show Hell on Wheels.  Even Outlaw Josie Wales has it wrong with the rape scene in the beginning.

Did you know there's not a single documented rape that occurred in the whole of the Civil War?  An entire war four years long and not one known sexual assault.  Not one. 
"To such females, womanhood is more sacrosanct by a thousand times than the Virgin Mary to popes--and motherhood, that degree raised to astronomic power. They have eaten the legend about themselves and believe it; they live it; they require fealty of us all." -- Philip Wylie, Generation of Vipers

Galt

I've said this before, but I talked to my grandfather quite a bit before he died as to how things were back in the Prohibition era etc. I think he was pretty honest with me, and he also gave lots of facts and examples.

The picture that is being drilled into schoolchildren and society in general is that women were some kind of oppressed slaves. That was not the case at all.

Go Up