No touch rule

Started by neoteny, Nov 06, 2013, 11:11 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

neoteny

So I read this piece in the local rag, but I can't find it on their Website. I have to summarize it from memory:

A local kindergarten sent a letter to parents that they ban all physical contact between their pupils. No hand holding, no touching, and definitely no fight games, including imaginary Star Wars lightsaber fights.

I think people are going mad.
The spreading of information about the [quantum] system through the [classical] environment is ultimately responsible for the emergence of "objective reality." 

Wojciech Hubert Zurek: Decoherence, einselection, and the quantum origins of the classical

dr e

Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

outdoors

That was in Calgary.

Playground touching ban defended by school principal
Coghlan Fundamental Elementary bans fighting games, tag and holding hands

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/playground-touching-ban-defended-by-school-principal-1.2415409

Oh! Don't forget that the school system also wants to do away with reward's for doing good in school and also to eliminate grading alltogether because it discourages the other kid's.

neoteny

Thanks for the link, outdoors.
The spreading of information about the [quantum] system through the [classical] environment is ultimately responsible for the emergence of "objective reality." 

Wojciech Hubert Zurek: Decoherence, einselection, and the quantum origins of the classical

MacKenzie

FEMINISM IS A CULT THAT TRIES TO MAKE BOTH SEXES EQUAL BY FOCUSING SOLELY ON ONE OF THEM

Go Up