Deterring groin abuse by educating people

Started by eskwillhelp, Jan 10, 2014, 03:29 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

eskwillhelp

I just posted about ways to punish assaults on male genitals. But I think equally good results could be had by showing in detail why those assaults are so unacceptable.

I suspect many attackers assume those attacks are merely inflicting pain. Even if we just focus on the pain, they should know that, if a victim lacks previous experience with the extreme pain, he might feel like he has been horribly injured, which adds to the psychological trauma. A groin attack sometimes is more than a regular assault, due to the level of pain intended and the risk of permanent injury: depending on the guy and nature of the hit, it can be closer to torture than to a hit to other body parts.

But there is more than pain involved. For one thing, links to pages like http://www.mens-rights.net/law/violence/testicular_abuse.htm explain that there are lasting health and fertility consequences.

It also helps to focus on the reasons given for the assaults. Searching on Google for something like "why girls kick balls" yields various answers.

One answer is that some girls mistakenly believe that all guys believe they are tough and girls are weak (and the girls want to punish/counter this imagined arrogance). Why do girls keep saying that? Many guys don't think that. Those guys that do think so, don't necessarily think they are invincible. I suppose many cultures or individuals do exaggerate male toughness and female weakness, but girls are not entitled to disprove it by hitting testicles.

And there are other answers that need to be countered: amusement at the reaction (victims' facial expressions and words), misandry, sadism (laughing at the hurt), ignorance or misunderstanding (thinking the laws of assault and battery don't apply when females hit males), arrogance and entitlement (thinking they may physically punish those whose words they dislike), and seeking a power trip (girls normally are too weak to hurt men, so it's a special opportunity).

As I suggested in my first thread I posted almost half an hour ago, Hollywood's screenwriters are in a unique position to educate on this matter. These ideas haven't been covered much onscreen, so it would be original and interesting, if the writers can figure out how to handle it.

Other than that, I'm not sure how the word should get out.

dr e

Thanks for both posts.  It is an issue that most people simply don't think about.  Attacks to male genitals are portrayed as funny.  All the while simply touching a female's genitals is seen as a significant infraction of the law that will get you jail time and public scorn.  These differences are fueled by the default gynocentrism that is basically in the drinking water.  Hollywood writers drink the same stuff.  Those who can see this issue with compassion for men and boys are very few in number.  We must speak out whenever possible.  The truth needs no prop.

Thanks for doing that.
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

CG9603

Part of the problem, I think, is that many women have no frame of reference.  In casual discussions at the Martial Arts academy I attend, I have answered some women that receiving a kick to a man's privates causes pain and sensation similar to, and more intense in scope than, being hit in the solar plexus.  It knocks the wind out of someone.  Women who are participate in sparring have the light turn on.  Unfortunately, there are individual women in the general population who will continue to refuse to understand, until it happens to them.     
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
-- General Dwight D.  Eisenhower. 

"Be bold and courageous.  When you look back on your life, you'll regret the things you didn't do more than the ones you did."
-- Unknown.

Mr. Dub

Thanks for both posts.  It is an issue that most people simply don't think about.  Attacks to male genitals are portrayed as funny.  All the while simply touching a female's genitals is seen as a significant infraction of the law that will get you jail time and public scorn.
I agree, and this type of thinking bothers me so much. It isn't funny at all, and I can't even fathom how we got to the point in our culture where there is such a double standard in this regard. It's almost as though the females who laugh at this stuff think all males just arbitrarily deserve this type of pain because they are males.

Go Up