Reporter charged for death threats against hockey boyfriend

Started by neoteny, Jan 25, 2014, 05:56 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

neoteny

Reporter charged for death threats against hockey boyfriend

[...]

Last week, the documents say,  Playfair told MacLauglin over the phone he had cheated on her with another girl, while in Spokane.

McLaughlin then allegedly began to verbally threaten Playfair.

"She advised him that by tomorrow night he would be dead," the documents say and that "when she sees him it would be the last game of hockey he plays. Mr Playfair advised that the defendant had made threats in the past to hurt him and herself when they had previous arguments."

The next day Playfair contacted police after receiving a number of further messages from MacLaughlin indicating she had driven to Washington state and was now in his neighbourhood.

Police officers found her at a Super 8 motel.  McLaughlin denied threatening to kill Playfair and was told to stay away from him, but the following morning the hockey player called police again, saying he'd received two dozen more messages. That's when police arrested her.

[...]

On social media McLaughlin's twitter friends are defending her, saying the whole story hasn't been heard.

[...]

----

Now she's crying.

The spreading of information about the [quantum] system through the [classical] environment is ultimately responsible for the emergence of "objective reality." 

Wojciech Hubert Zurek: Decoherence, einselection, and the quantum origins of the classical

CaptDMO

This DOES have the extra special add on of "Domestic" violence, as well as "terrorism"...RIGHT?
Failure to obey a police officer? Lying to a police officer?

On social media McLaughlin's twitter friends are defending her, saying the whole story hasn't been heard

Because only THEY know what she REALLY said... on..um.. Twitter?

Nice photo..
"SHIT, now I'm REALLY before A REAL JUDGE !
Oh Wait, This is Canada."

neoteny

Oh Wait, This is Canada.

Nope, it isn't; she made the mistake of going to the States to do her harassment. In Canada she would never got arrested or charged; not after the Supreme Court said that a woman can try to take a hit out on her ex-husband just because she was "abused" (which wasn't proven ... actually, it was denied by the woman when asked by the police 'hitman').
The spreading of information about the [quantum] system through the [classical] environment is ultimately responsible for the emergence of "objective reality." 

Wojciech Hubert Zurek: Decoherence, einselection, and the quantum origins of the classical

dr e

But, but, but, but, I never DID anything...I just made stuff up your honor... :toothy9: :BangHead: 

If this was a man he would already be in jail.
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

AnubisRox

Better his life in jeopardy than her ego/reputation. Right?

RIGHT???  :angryfire:
ell she turned me into a NEWT!! A newt?! Er..., well I got better.

outdoors

Oh Wait, This is Canada."

If this was in Canada the man would be arrested for not co-operating with her.

She would be assisted in every way possible to prove it was his abuse that lead her to this point.

The Elizabeth Fry Society would more than likely hire her legal team.

Go Up