Feminism’s Toxic Twitter Wars

Started by neoteny, Jan 29, 2014, 10:46 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

neoteny

Feminism's Toxic Twitter Wars

[...]

But the expectation that feminists should always be ready to berate themselves for even the most minor transgressions--like being too friendly at a party--creates an environment of perpetual psychodrama, particularly when coupled with the refusal to ever question the expression of an oppressed person's anger.

"I actually think there's a subset of black women who really do get off on white women being prostrate," Cooper says. "It's about feeling disempowered and always feeling at the mercy of white authority, and wanting to feel like for once the things you're saying are being given credibility and authority. And to have white folks do that is powerful, particularly in a world where white women often deploy power against black women in ways that are really problematic."

Preening displays of white feminist abjection, however, are not the same as respect. "What's disgusting and disturbing to me is that I see some of the more intellectually dishonest arguments put forth by women of color being legitimized and performed by white feminists, who seem to be in some sort of competition to exhibit how intersectional they are," says Jezebel founder Holmes, who is black. "There are these Olympian attempts on the part of white feminists to underscore and display their ally-ship in a way that feels gross and dishonest and, yes, patronizing."

[...]
The spreading of information about the [quantum] system through the [classical] environment is ultimately responsible for the emergence of "objective reality." 

Wojciech Hubert Zurek: Decoherence, einselection, and the quantum origins of the classical

Captain Courageous

Feminism is a failed attempt by white women to clone the black civil rights movement.

SSS - "Still Stuck in the Sixties" {Please pass the peyote buttons}

Go Up