George Soros Got Beat Up By His Ex-Girlfriend During a Deposition

Started by neoteny, Feb 12, 2014, 03:54 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

neoteny

George Soros Got Beat Up By His Ex-Girlfriend During a Deposition

Eighty-three-year-old billionaire George Soros had to literally hide behind his lawyers after his soap opera actress ex-girlfriend started hitting him during a deposition today, knocking his hearing device off his head in the process.

[...]

----

I thought a billionaire ex-boyfriend has an insurmountable power differential advantage over a woman. Apparently not if she's feisty enough.
The spreading of information about the [quantum] system through the [classical] environment is ultimately responsible for the emergence of "objective reality." 

Wojciech Hubert Zurek: Decoherence, einselection, and the quantum origins of the classical

Galt

She apparently even punched her own attorney in the arm.

A woman is just a little "high strung", and maybe we should just give her money to calm her down.

A man would have been on the ground with his face pushed into the carpet, with a sheriff's deputy knee in his back and his arms being twisted to get into handcuffs.

Galt

What I really want to know, though, is how this intersects with the supposed "wage gap".

There is just a constant drumbeat in society that women only make 75 cents (or whatever the current figure is) for every dollar a man makes. That's true, but only if you compare all full-time female workers with all full-time male workers without regard to what they actually DO, hours worked, time spent in the occupation or profession or all the rest of it. If men earn more, maybe they have EARNED more.

But then back the camera out to life in general. Men seem to mostly get their money by being useful in society. A plumber is useful. A women's studies graduate with a big mouth is not.

But women seem to mostly get their money by taking it from men, and no one ever seems to want to bring that up. Frankly, I'd say women have the easier go of it because they can either get money through hard work (BORING!) or just take it from men.

Cases like the George Soros thing are not all that rare. I personally know a woman who worked for maybe a few years maximum as a secretary - she is a multi-millionaire by getting the money from men.

7 or 8 billion dollars is paid in alimony every year. Not child support, alimony. Divorce settlements are huge - Patricia Kluge got nearly a billion dollars. There are just incredible transfers of money from men to women that we do not see.

So in the big rush to paint women as victims, why won't people be fair and look at the big picture? Chivalry on the part of men and amoral manipulation on the part of women? Probably.

dr e

Amen Galt.
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

Go Up