How you can stop privileged men from raping everyone at college

Started by Galt, Feb 25, 2014, 09:54 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Galt

http://www.goshen.edu/campuslife/counseling/sexuality/men/

"We live in a sexist society in which men have privileges and prerogatives unavailable to women. To support these sexist patterns, men are taught to be dominant, and women are taught to be submissive. In particular, men are encouraged to take whatever they want. Thus women are no longer viewed as people. Instead they are viewed as objects to please men, to be taken. It is these attitudes that define "rape culture." In a society that also tolerates widespread violence, understanding and love between human beings is drastically reduced.

[...]"

-------------------------

I'm glad I'm not going to college today with all of this hostile crap towards men. I wrote the contact person there an e-mail, although I'm sure it won't be changing any minds.

Eviltwin

What the world really needs is a good artificial vagina.  :greener:
Affirmative Action: The federal government takes your job away from you and gives it to a woman. Then she sneers at you because you are unemployed.

CaptDMO

I thought it was a piece from the Communist "recruitment" of easily duped "students" days.
It may very well be.
I didn't bother tracking it back to where it was originally cut-and-pasted from. 

neoteny

What the world really needs is a good artificial vagina.  :greener:

Or as the Joker said it in the original Batman movie: "what this town needs is an enema".
The spreading of information about the [quantum] system through the [classical] environment is ultimately responsible for the emergence of "objective reality." 

Wojciech Hubert Zurek: Decoherence, einselection, and the quantum origins of the classical

Captain Courageous

Where the hell is Goshen.edu?

This text is the feminist equivalent of The Nicene Creed in Catholicism.

And you're right .... it's commie to the core.

Still Stuck In The Sixties!   :icon_rr: :headbang: :munky2: :glasses12:

LSBeene

Mar 17, 2014, 08:26 AM Last Edit: Mar 17, 2014, 08:28 AM by LSBeene
And .... the page is gone.

Isn't this just typical.  Their truth only survives and thrives when in their controlled little world - shine a light on it, and let the world see it, and .... (poof) it's time to re-evaluate.

give it a month and it'll be back up rewritten.

Steven
'Watch our backs at home, we'll guard the wall over here. You can sleep safe tonight, we'll guard the door."

Isaiah 6:8
"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"

CaptDMO

give it a month and it'll be back up, rewritten cut-and-pasted.

TripeSupper

I just had a quick look at their website. It will take a lot to convince me that this apparently true story of date rape is anything other than utter fiction, especially with the religious angle it takes.

http://www.goshen.edu/campuslife/counseling/sexuality/daterape/

LSBeene

To be honest - her story could easily have happened. 

There are dishonorable men and some will get a girl blind drunk and just use her.

What I find endlessly annoying is that, while lip service is given to male sexual assault victims, no real effort nor outreach is given priority to men.

When I was in college I was built like a greek statue - heck, at one point I even took steroids.  I had more than a few occasions wherein **I** was the trophy f*ck for some girl who was clearly not nearly as intoxicated as me.  She took the lead, I was barely able to form a sentence.  It happens a lot - and this was the 90's.

When I go on forums, remark on sites, or have discussions with women about this - even non-feminist women - there response is some purported empathy and acknowlegement, but NOTHING in urgency about "we need to DO something" is forthcoming.

We can talk about it, discuss it, and I get sympathetic and agreeable nods and / or posts, but to the urgency of DOING something - the impetus of action is completely lacking.

And I know that all of you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Where are the posts on that site (or any site) with example of men being to drunk to consent (seriously, link me one!?) and describing the situation, the aftermath, especially how females who do this then put out a complete fabrication of what happened, and how men need to speak up and prosecute their abusers?

Where?  Purely in the realm of theoretical and never in the realm of funding, action, or policy.

And yes, it burns my ass.

Steven
'Watch our backs at home, we'll guard the wall over here. You can sleep safe tonight, we'll guard the door."

Isaiah 6:8
"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"

sethay

Hey all.  I used to post on this forum while I was in college and I still lurk on once in a while to get the latest on gender issues.

I just thought I would note....I WENT to Goshen College!  I live in Goshen.  I have had to deal with all of the gender bias at the campus.  I am very connected to the college still and go to a church associated with the college.

Interesting to see a part of my life posted on this forum.

I didn't really have any reason for posting other than to note this.

dr e

Hey Sethay!  good to see you.

E
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

Go Up