Men v. Women: Taking responsibility for car accidents

Started by Galt, Jun 23, 2014, 06:15 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Galt

This is a few years old, but I happened to see it while looking for something else on the Interweebs:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2050389/Eight-women-drivers-refuse-responsibility-crash.html

The Insurance company Young Marmalade found in research that 80% of women will not take responsibility for a car accident. Men, on the other hand, are much more likely to just admit it, settle the problem and get it over with.

bluegrass

I was in my only car accident a few years ago.  A woman pulled out from a stop sign right in front of me and I T-boned her and totaled the car.  It was clearly her fault.

The guy in the Corvetted directly behind me who narrowly escaped the accident stuck around and gave his statement to the police about how she pulled out when I was right on top of the intersection. 

They didn't ticket her, but a cop yelled at me and threatened a $500 fine for tossing a cigarette butt at the curb.  When I asked why they didn't ticket her they said that there were no real witnesses.

A week later a buddy of mine cut someone else off and he got T-boned.  He was of course ticketed.
"To such females, womanhood is more sacrosanct by a thousand times than the Virgin Mary to popes--and motherhood, that degree raised to astronomic power. They have eaten the legend about themselves and believe it; they live it; they require fealty of us all." -- Philip Wylie, Generation of Vipers

Go Up