University of Wisconsin wants to assign grades based on race

Started by Galt, Jul 21, 2014, 06:08 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Galt

Jul 21, 2014, 06:08 PM Last Edit: Jul 21, 2014, 11:28 PM by Galt
http://eagnews.org/report-university-of-wisconsin-madison-mulls-diversity-based-grading/

Huh. "...  'historically underrepresented racial/ethnic' students be awarded 'equitable' grades ..."

Sounds cool.

dr e

When will this end?  How stupid must people become before they can see that this is absurd?  It's like the NBA decided that they needed to include more short people since they were an under-represented population.  Gracious.  What morons.
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

CaptDMO

So, now that Title IX and "Dear colleague...." have addressed "anyone NOT male", we can all look forward to
"anyone claiming NOT Caucasian"?
DO they ALSO discriminate against those nasty, color/gender blind tests for relative IQ and "personality"?
Diversity indeed.   

LSBeene

Jul 26, 2014, 02:33 PM Last Edit: Jul 26, 2014, 02:36 PM by LSBeene
20 years ago when I was in college, myself and many others said this is where this is headed.

This issue, denial of procedures and civil rights, that gender and color would used in grades and admissions and applications of the law - and we were laughed at and said to be paranoid.

And ...

Here we are.

(interesting story below - be patient with me)

Back in Jan/Feb I was sent, by the Army, to a class called : EO = Equal Opportunity. That all people should be treated fairly based on merit, and not due to color, gender etc.

I am SO NOT politically correct, but those in my command said that I would be perfect: I can't stand bullies, I can't stand bigots, I am not partial to people due to color or gender, and I stand up and speak my mind to superiors when I feel I am in the right. Also - I don't have an axe to grind.

So - off I go. 4 Day class, down in Louisiana - should be fun, right? WRONG.

I get there and within 45 minutes of this 4 day class we are informed that the basis for all racism and sexism in the Army comes from:
White. Male. Privilege.

You can't make this sh!t up.

Well, needless to say from anyone who's read my posts here I am a history junkie, am well versed in gender and racial issues, and will disassemble any argument that tries to posit any PC bullsh!t.

Day after day I took this guy's arguments apart. One part that might amuse everyone here : We got to 1 2-hour block which was on the prison system, and he was going to use it to show racial bias, by white males, to prove yet another facet of his ideology.

So - I raise my hand and ask "Excuse me sir" (I say in entirely annoying cheerful voice) "Is this the bloc where we discuss female privilege?"

He's like "What? What are you talking about?"

(walked RIGHT into it - idiot)

"Well sir, when men and women commit the same crimes they are often not charged with the same offense. And often women are allowed to plea bargain down further than men. Also, if a woman is finally convicted of a crime, she gets a steep sentencing discount that men do not. So ... is this the part where we discuss female privilege?"

He started to refute me - when another Soldier (female) spoke up and said "Um, sir, I'm a full time police officer, and have been one for over a decade and SSG Beene is entirely right - women get almost a free ride in our justice system."

To which I then added "I mean, seriously, how is it that women commit 20+% of violent felonies and such, but make up only 5% of the prison population. This is great - can we now discuss female privilege. Especially white female privilege?"

He. Dropped. The. Entire. 2 Hour. Block. of Instruction.

By the last day - he wouldn't even call on me anymore. I had so destroyed so many of distorted historical models based on PC ideology and not actual events, that he would not even acknowledge me when I raised my hand.

It was stressful - but I loved it.

Steven
'Watch our backs at home, we'll guard the wall over here. You can sleep safe tonight, we'll guard the door."

Isaiah 6:8
"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"

CaptDMO

Jul 28, 2014, 05:19 AM Last Edit: Jul 28, 2014, 05:31 AM by CaptDMO
Beene:
"Back in Jan/Feb I was sent, by the Army, to a class called : EO = Equal Opportunity."...

Any idea what the "class" consists of today, who still gets "sent" to it, or what the "instructor" is doing NOW?

He. Dropped. The. Entire. 2 Hour. Block. of Instruction.

But...while possibly defined as "instruction", it was certainly NOT "educational instruction".
What are "Direct orders based on intel KNOWN to be  fraudulent ..." called in the military?

Is it even possible that "somebody" decided that this "teacher" needed a bit of "adjustment", and figured out
"Ooooooo.....send Beene to the class, THAT'LL fix 'em right up!!!"

Go Up