Hamm vs. Hamm

Started by neoteny, Nov 13, 2014, 06:27 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

neoteny

Something must have happened to Galt: last time he was here was three months ago, and he failed to comment on the latest large bore divorce.
The spreading of information about the [quantum] system through the [classical] environment is ultimately responsible for the emergence of "objective reality." 

Wojciech Hubert Zurek: Decoherence, einselection, and the quantum origins of the classical

Galt

I still read along. I'm just trying to spread out my apoplectic outrage.

Besides, it's getting more and more clear to me that these guys just maneuver themselves into these situations. An arrogant, chivalrous, clueless-about-women guy with money and a calculating, phony, manipulative woman with a sharp eye on his money. A match made in heaven, and it happens over and over.

I don't quite understand why women are entitled to half of combat pay - when the man is the one in combat - or why women get half of basketball players' money when they never did a layup - but no one will explain it to me, so I just have to carry on.

In the you've-got-to-be-kidding department, I just saw this from 14 hours ago on CNBC:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102183968#.

Ms. Hamm, who got well over a billion for sitting on her butt and spending his money like water during the marriage, is going to appeal the divorce settlement. She says that a mere billion is far below what she should have gotten.

dr e

Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

Galt

That woman sounds like she is just never going to give up trying to get more money out of the guy until he is dead. Then she'll start working on probate and getting assets out of his estate.

I'd probably call it a day if I just got handed a billion dollars.

neoteny

I still read along.

I'm glad that you're well.

I'd probably call it a day if I just got handed a billion dollars.

To be a bit facetious (but not much): this is why no one will hand you a billion dollars ever.
The spreading of information about the [quantum] system through the [classical] environment is ultimately responsible for the emergence of "objective reality." 

Wojciech Hubert Zurek: Decoherence, einselection, and the quantum origins of the classical

Go Up