Some difficulties

Started by dr e, Aug 29, 2016, 03:37 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

dr e

Have been having some difficulties on the site.  This has prompted me to consider shutting things down.  I think it is likely time for SYG to close up shop.  What do you think?
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

PowerMan72

:dontknow:

Unfortunately, I think that time has come. I still check in here at least once a week but long ago moved on to other blogs and message boards. And it seems I am not the only one. You had a good long run though.
Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan: "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."

Galt

Aug 31, 2016, 11:30 AM Last Edit: Aug 31, 2016, 11:36 AM by Galt
It's too bad. I really enjoyed this board when it was running.

Edited to add: I had a PM and clicked on it: It only says "Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required ..."

outdoors

Do what you gotta do dr e.

But let me thank you for being here when I needed it.

I have learned so much over the past 7-8 year's.

This was the first site I found and it was a blessing to know that I wasn't alone at the the time.

Thank you again.

dr e

Good to hear from you all.  Core members.  Outdoors, Galt, and PowerMan72.  Thank you all for the years of bashing the haters. 

I feel like we need a funeral!

Maybe I should make a private board that only we can see and we can use that to connect.

E
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

HarryPawedHer

SYG closing up shop. Never thought I'd see the day.  :sad5:

Peter

Please, please keep it.

Even if the traffic is low, the the old postings are still very valuable.

People could / should add some posts with links to relevant writings, like

http://www.breitbart.com/milo/2016/09/19/milo-destroy-alt-right-speech/

At least some pointers to where the action is?

Unfortunately I am myself a bit out of energy. I feel a bit overwhelmed by the general political stupidity and political correctness. I could make a list of it

BM-NByw7VE2PwjfTtsVdeE5ipuqx1AqkEv1

Peter

I seem to  have a message, but messaging does not work:

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/standyou/public_html/forums/Sources/PersonalMessage.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/standyou/public_html/forums/index.php on line 390

dr e

Peter -  Always good to hear from you.

Good idea about the archives.  We will see.

E

Peter

Sure I miss a lot the conversations we have had here and I like to keep contact with you all. So, if nothing else, a closed group for oldtimers and core people may be a good idea (if Dr. really want to close the shop) in addition to keeping the site as a passive archive.

I am not sure what difficulties Dr refers to in addition to the low activity (are we getting old, maybe); spammers, attackers?

Pacman7331

Hm... this is the best forum i've found for the MRM. I'd prefer you keep it alive and going.

neoteny

Would it be possible to download all of one's own posts in a file?
The spreading of information about the [quantum] system through the [classical] environment is ultimately responsible for the emergence of "objective reality." 

Wojciech Hubert Zurek: Decoherence, einselection, and the quantum origins of the classical

outdoors

Hm... this is the best forum i've found for the MRM. I'd prefer you keep it alive and going.
I second this.

PowerMan72

Perhaps SYG could be revived but I'm not sure how. It seems that people are still checking in here, so that counts for something.

Dr. Evil, did we ever figure out what happened to Gonzo? He was very active here and then just disappeared one day. Seemed that way to me anyway.
Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan: "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."

dr e

Never heard from Gonzo.  Wish I had.  He was an interesting character.

The problems with the board were related to the software and multiple glitches which forced me to work to get things running again.

Pondering the closed group idea.  Good to hear from so many old timers!

Go Up