Student sells virginity for $20,000

Started by Pernicious, Mar 22, 2004, 01:51 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Pernicious

http://www.themercury.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5936,8638997%255E401,00.html

Student sells virginity for $20,000
From correspondents in London

A BRITISH university has distanced itself from an impoverished student who has apparently sold her virginity on the internet to pay for so-called excessive tuition fees.

Rosie Reid, an 18-year-old social policy first year student at Bristol University, hit the headlines when she put herself up for sale on a website last month.

According to the website, the online auction closed at midnight last night with a highest bid of $20,200.

The site says the winning bidder for the student, who is a lesbian and in desperate financial crisis, will be contacted tomorrow.

A spokeswoman for the university says as far as the university is concerned, it has no comment as the matter is not a university issue and the student is an adult.

The website states: "Rosie's auction highlights the financial problems that face today's students."

A spokesperson for Reid later said she refused to comment on the situation.
 do what I need to do to protect my loved ones, friends, and family. This is what men do.

LSBeene

I read about this too...

Instead of being portrayed as a whore/hooker (sex for money) she is being handled with kid gloves and being treated like a "victim" due to the high costs of college.  

And the difference between her and any OTHER high priced hooker is .......  WHAT exactly?

Steven
'Watch our backs at home, we'll guard the wall over here. You can sleep safe tonight, we'll guard the door."

Isaiah 6:8
"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"

Daymar

High priced hookers aren't usually virgins I'm guessing.

What proof does this girl have that she's virgin anyway though?

Renegade

who is a lesbian

Gee, it's amazing that someone can have their "alternate lifestyle" temporarily altered for money  :roll:  :roll:

Once again, I am still amazed at the blindness of society, that a female can make so much money in this manner while a male cannot, and yet society STILL believes in the "poor, powerless, oppressed woman" scenario.

R
"A man chooses. A slave obeys." What if a man 'chooses' to obey, because he is met with scorn, shame and ridicule and rendered a social outcasts if he does not?

Daymar

The answer would be that she is forced to sell her body because she has no power and men can pay because they have the power.

LSBeene

'Watch our backs at home, we'll guard the wall over here. You can sleep safe tonight, we'll guard the door."

FEMINAZIHATEMARTYR

Gosh can any cops say "prostitution"??? Can any attorneys say "press charges"?? This little snot should be put through the ringer by the IRS and Vice Squad interogators just like they would do to any man boasting of any crime to the public!
What good fortune for government that people do not think."
                         Adolph Hitler

"Where madness rules the absurd is not far away."

We must not make the mistake of thinking that all those who eat the bread of dictatorship are evil from the first; but they must necessarily become evil....The curse of a system of terror is that there is no turning back; neither in the large realm of policies nor the 'smaller' realm of everyday human relationships is it possible for men to retrace their steps."
- Dr. Hans Bernd Gisevius
(1904-1974)

Pernicious

Considering that she made $20,000 for an hour of work...

She paid no taxes on that income.

I would have to work 1200 hours to make that much :P

Plus I have to pay a high percentage of that to tax.

There are so many jobs and options that women have where they can choose to make money that way.

- Posing in Magazines
- Strip Clubs
- Massage Parlors
- Wet-T-Shirt competitions
- etc...
 do what I need to do to protect my loved ones, friends, and family. This is what men do.

Sir Duke

What man finds amusement in having a virgin? Doesn't any man want a woman who is experienced or am I the exception overall? I just don't see the big deal here, other than the obvious points made on this thread where women are once again pardoned.

baxter_t

Sir Duke, Did you see Dennis Miller's show on HBO?
I laughed my ass off.
He was talking about terrorists and there supposed belief that they will get 79 (or however many it is) virgins in the after life.
He said that to him that wasn't much incentive.
3 or 4 virgins would be kinda fun, but after that he'd want a pro!
Something about at some point in the evening, he's gonna want a finger stuck up his ass.
I was laughing and didn't quite catch it all, but I think of that everytime someone mentions a virgin now.

LSBeene

The novelty of a virgin would be interesting.  I've been a few women's "firsts" and it was more work than pleasure.  I mean, I was honored they wanted to share that with me, but I much prefer a self-actualized woman who knows her own sexuality, can express it, and is not saying : "um, you want me to do what with it?".

Experienced fully sexually and mentally formed women are so much better, IMO.

Steven

Assault

Quote from: "Sir Duke"
What man finds amusement in having a virgin? Doesn't any man want a woman who is experienced or am I the exception overall? I just don't see the big deal here, other than the obvious points made on this thread where women are once again pardoned.

Yeah, I don't get the whole virgin thing either. :snoozin: Give me an experienced woman who knows what she's doing. I don't want to have to mentor her and I certainly don't want a woman who does the old "starfish" move. :roll:

I certainly wouldn't pay some chick for a crappy lay. If I'm paying, I want a pro! :D
Feminism is the product of female selfishness, compounded by male chivalry.

- Peter Zohrab -

LSBeene

"starfish move"???

Ok ... I'm clueless

Help me out with that one.

Steven

PowerMan72

:?
Yeah, me too Beene.
Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan: "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."

Assault

Quote from: "LSBeene"
"starfish move"???

Ok ... I'm clueless

Help me out with that one.

Steven

Oh, sorry. It's when a woman just lays there with her arms and legs spread wide and doesn't move.  :twisted:
Feminism is the product of female selfishness, compounded by male chivalry.

- Peter Zohrab -

Go Up