Child support survival tips

Started by Assault, Mar 26, 2004, 03:51 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Assault

I was wondering if anyone has some ideas on how I can survive for the next 10 years paying a ridiculous amount of child (Mommy?) support?

Basically I bring home about $2200.00 per month and I'm being forced to pay $800.00 in child support. I tried working overtime to pay my bills and eat, but my ex just had the child support level RAISED to match it!!!

This is crazy! How is she entitled to any additional money I make after she left? It doesn't make sense. I can at least understand the argument that when we were together, she helped me obtain (yeah right :roll: ) this job and my current level of pay, but after she left it's all up to me alone. If anything she's a detriment.

I can't get the CS reduced, so the only options I can think of are;

Getting a roomate (yuck)

Moving in with some woman (not going to happen even though I've been asked my quite a few.)

???? I don't know what else.....Any help would be appreciated. :?
Feminism is the product of female selfishness, compounded by male chivalry.

- Peter Zohrab -

Daymar

Become a cheapskate like me I guess. Use ebay and other used websites, (like half.com, and amazon.com sells used items as well). So if you want to buy a book or video game or whatever buy it used to get a much reduced price if you know how to shop around and once you're done with something like a book or video game sell it back. When I was buying and selling video games for my own use I actually made a few hundred dollars because I was smart about buying and selling.

Plan ahread and buy in bulk from costco, toilet paper and food etc.

Go through and chart out your finances precisely to see exactly what you can and can't afford. I'm guessing you won't waste your money on extra crap like a new stereo system if you're just trying to eat.

nasterator-1

I hear where your coming from, firstly never act aggresive or deemingly strange otherwise courts will use that against you, alongside the fact that your a male (capital offence) you will be severely stomped on.

Try to press for 50/50 care of said children, then therefore logically the father should not be liable for child support as the allocation of care is equal, just a thought!, put an end to that "BUISNESS".
romoting mens rights(or rather complete lack of them)in a world where hatred of men infests every corner of media,where depictions of hate and violence by women is called girl power, and where many ads use violence by women on men to sell products.These messages of this acceptable behaviour goes a long way to explain womens domestic violence and murder of men and children (predominantly male children).

Assault

Quote from: "nasterator-1"
I hear where your coming from, firstly never act aggresive or deemingly strange otherwise courts will use that against you, alongside the fact that your a male (capital offence) you will be severely stomped on.

Try to press for 50/50 care of said children, then therefore logically the father should not be liable for child support as the allocation of care is equal, just a thought!, put an end to that "BUISNESS".

Too late. My ex levelled false accusations of abuse, stalking..anything she and her lawyer could think of. I've been granted custody on the weekends, but I can't even afford that financially.

I've lost the battle, now I'm just trying to survive.
Feminism is the product of female selfishness, compounded by male chivalry.

- Peter Zohrab -

Go Up