Getting to know you

Started by Assault, Apr 18, 2004, 12:54 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

PowerMan72

:)

No powerlifting.  I got started with weights during my freshman year in college, as I was in really poor physical condition at the time (2-3x per week).  It's mainly a weekend thing for me now.  With work (long commute), I find it difficult to set aside time Mon-Fri.
Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan: "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."

Assault

Quote from: "PowerMan72"
:)

No powerlifting.  I got started with weights during my freshman year in college, as I was in really poor physical condition at the time (2-3x per week).  It's mainly a weekend thing for me now.  With work (long commute), I find it difficult to set aside time Mon-Fri.

Oh....well there goes that theory!! HA!! :P
Feminism is the product of female selfishness, compounded by male chivalry.

- Peter Zohrab -

Pernicious

That's amazing. I heard a female opera singer practicing while she walked up the street a few years ago, and it was beautiful. I was fascinated by her voice.

What's a diffculty music festival?

And crashing your bike by going too slow has got to be one of the most pathetic things I've heard in a while!!!! HA HAHA!!! Just kidding with you.

Well when I was younger, I was in Carmen, La Boheme, Carmina Burana and Tosca.

I was singing at the Junior level and came in third out of 52 and came in first in the duet competition.

Well considering that I was not supposed to be really riding it, and since at the time I did not have a driver's license, I was driving in the ditch (at my farm) which is allowed on your own property. My friend was on the back of the motorcycle and since we were going slow to see how fast my brother could ride his bike we fell over and crashed. Cracking the windshield. :)

Even better was I put the motorcycle away, put the broken windshield back on it, and left it :)

My dad came back to the farm from work, and had some friends there, and moved the bike, and the windshield fell apart ;) was kind of funny.
 do what I need to do to protect my loved ones, friends, and family. This is what men do.

Assault

Quote from: "Pernicious"

Even better was I put the motorcycle away, put the broken windshield back on it, and left it :)

My dad came back to the farm from work, and had some friends there, and moved the bike, and the windshield fell apart ;) was kind of funny.

LOL!!! That's not right at all. Delinquents. :?  :lol:
Feminism is the product of female selfishness, compounded by male chivalry.

- Peter Zohrab -

Renegade

Sex: Male
Marital Status: Permanently Single
Education: High School, 1 credit away from a College diploma (long story), a few minor certificates
Hobbies: Computers, writing, sketching, drawing, Anime, Role-playing games
Tattoo's: None
Piercings: None

Interesting things you've done:

-Although I am very creative and imaginative, I have never actually finished anything. I have started writing short stories and worked on a few novel ideas, but seldom get past the first chapter or starting concept. I sketch and draw a lot (Anime-inspired artwork).
-I was in a car accident recently. No big deal, just a bump on the head.
-I have big action figure collection and a small doll collection. :)
-I have 3 brothers and 3 sisters and I am the youngest.
-The summer before I went to college, I assisted my brother in constructing a new basement for a one story house he bought.
-I've been to Florida for a "theme park" vacation. My friend, one of his superiors (my friend was in Florida for work) and I spent 6 days visiting Universal Studios and the various Disney-theme parks.

R
"A man chooses. A slave obeys." What if a man 'chooses' to obey, because he is met with scorn, shame and ridicule and rendered a social outcasts if he does not?

Stallywood

Quote from: "VicVanity"
My brother also lives in Virginia Beach  he has been retired from the navy for atleast 4 yrs(when he moved from Sandiego)  but does work for a company that cointracts to the navy

I hope to do the same thing Eventually.
Stally
Gentleman is a man who consciously serves women. I prefer the golden rule.

Behind every great man, is a
parasite.

Women who say men won't commit, usually aren't worth committing to.

Stallywood

Quote from: "Assault"
Quote from: "Stallywood"
Been to just about every European country that has a coast line with the Med and a few others. I have seen the pyrimids and the Greek ruins. Also the Coloseum in Roma.

One of my goals in life I haven't accomplished yet it to travel. You're so lucky to have seen the world. I can't wait until I can go.

I hope you get to do it. I loved Europe, especially living there. I was stationed in La Maddelena, Sardenia for 3 years, and Rota, Spain for 3 also. I dont regret a moment of it.
Stally

parasite.

Daymar

Sex: White Male
Education: On my 3rd year of college, majoring in web development
Hobbies: Hmm... nothing interesting. Watching movies, reading books a little bit, playing video games.

I was in the Marine Corps for 4 years as a vehicle operator. Drove trucks, buses and humvees mostly and also heavy equipment. Qualified annually with the M16A2, of course, and did the basic pog combat training. Got to train with the 50 cal machine gun, mark 19, SAW, 240G, AT4, and grenades, like all non-infantry Marines do. Also did mountain training (rock climbing, etc.) with the S. Korean (ROK) Marines. I was stationed at Okinawa Japan for 2 months and S. Korea for a year. I also spent quite a bit of time getting to know some Koreans while I was there and learned about their culture.

Since other people mentioned it, I've been in quite a few vehicle accidents. Let's see, while in highschool, backed into our driveways lamp pole, another time I forgot to open the garage door and backed into it. Was driving about 60 mph on a canyon road with a cliff on the side and I decided to slow down too late as we were coming around the last turn and we ended up skidding all the way across the road and down the cliff side a little bit. Some guys with a truck came along and pulled my car out before the police came by. Heh, the 2 guys with me said they saw their lives flash before their eyes. When I was in the MC and driving a 3 ton with a water tank trailer I tried to slow down and move to the right of the road to let a platoon of joggers by but I accidently hit the gas pedal and ended up going into the ditch. The joggers helped me get the water trailer out and I got the 3 ton out, tore the hell out of both of them. I'll skip the other boring minor ones. Was in an accident on the highway when a friend of mine was driving the car and drunk. We had just got done with the bars and him, his wife and I were all really drunk. I remember vaguely noticing him swerving all over the highway and when he came off onto an exit ramp he plowed into the back of a small truck who also had a drunk driver driving that. Man that was stupid, thank you seatbelt.

tricycle

Quote from: "Assault"
Cool! That must be fun driving all the machinery. 8)

AS for the quilt, I find that level of patience and dedication amazing! I suspect you keep the quilt in a very safe place.....heheheheh. :lol:

the machinery stuff is fun - and I really have to thank the guys I work with for their patience in teaching me. But I suspect that it had more to do with the amusement value of watching me nearly get run over by a truck.  :D

I quilt in winter mainly - it's starting to get cooler now - because I can sit with the quilt over my knees while I sew. I do it all by hand because I think I get better accuracy that way.

I think this thread was a great idea Assault, there are some really interesting people here.
Thanks for sharing guys  :D
trange little girl ....

Awakened

Sex: White Male
Marital Status: Single (but getting some pressure from the gf of 4 yrs.)
Education: B.S. - Mech. Engineering, A.A.S. - Engineering Graphics
Hobbies: Bodybuilding (had no idea there were so many of us here that work out!), Watching Movies, & spending time with our little dog (Mini Dachshund).
Tattoo's: None
Piercings: None

Just purchased my first home this past October. It's exciting but it takes so much of my free time.

My car will be paid for at the end of the month. No more car payments for a long while!

Sir Jessy of Anti

Apr 19, 2004, 07:25 AM Last Edit: Feb 22, 2010, 09:18 PM by Sir Jessy of Anti
"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master." -- Ayn Rand<br /><br />

Stallywood

Quote from: "Sir Jessy of Anti"

I once rented a car with a few girls and drove 15,000km across Europe.  I've visted most countries there, except those in the east as our insurance wouldn't cover it.  I also crashed the car in Italy, completely writing it off.  No one was hurt, luckily.  I've also travelled quite a bit in the U.S.A.

Naples Italy was the most scary place I have ever driven.  I didnt have an accident, but I almost had a heart attack...  
Stally

parasite.

Sir Jessy of Anti

LOL, yeah pretty crazy.  I'd say Paris was the worst for me.  It was somewhat compounded by the fact that we landed there, and I had to drive the rental car straight into downtown Paris from the airport - having never driven stardard before.
"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master." -- Ayn Rand<br /><br />

Daymar

I've heard Spain has the worst drivers in the world. They go up on the curb and there are no lines on the roads. S. Korea was pretty bad too.

bluegrass

sex:  white male
education:  BS, biology with a minor in anthropology
occupation:  manager of purification processes at a medium sized biotech company
interests:  music (esp bluegrass -- almost a sickness.  Can't get through the day without at least one dose of the high lonesome sound), six string dreadnought flat-top boxes), history, art, food, wine, anthropology, science, the Adirondack mountains.  Favorite things to do are:  spending time with my little girl, going to bluegrass festivals -- especially Greyfox.  I highly reccommend this activity, hiking, camping, fishing.  Oh yeah and playing the guitar!

interesting things I've done:  become a father, shared the stage with Garth Hudson, Rick Danko, Robert Buck and on bills with JD Crowe, Lonesome Standard Time, Charlie Waller, Wyatt Rice and many others to numerous to count though at least as obscure.  

Once met Robert Plant while walking down the street on LSD (me I mean).  Once gave Wyatt Rice a ride through the mountains to the airport talking music, guitars, and Clarence White.  For the uninitiated, Wyatt Rice is a guitar player who could make Eric Clapton look like a musical toddler.
"To such females, womanhood is more sacrosanct by a thousand times than the Virgin Mary to popes--and motherhood, that degree raised to astronomic power. They have eaten the legend about themselves and believe it; they live it; they require fealty of us all." -- Philip Wylie, Generation of Vipers

Go Up