What is your ideal nationality of wife?

Started by Mr Benn, May 11, 2004, 02:29 PM

previous topic - next topic

If you were going to get married, which nationality of woman would you ideally prefer?

Western - from the same country as me
3 (18.8%)
Western - but from a different country to me
1 (6.3%)
Asian
6 (37.5%)
South American
2 (12.5%)
Russian
0 (0%)
Eastern European
1 (6.3%)
African
1 (6.3%)
Other
2 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: May 11, 2004, 02:29 PM

Go Down

Stallywood

That sounds like it to me. I think that Dial A sailor is when people that live in the port that the ship is going to pull into, post their names and their availability to pick up and take home a sailor. The get togethers ranged from Dinners, movies ect to hook ups. The closest I have ever come to Dail A sailor, was when my ship went to Trondheim, Norway, and there were women waiting at the gates to pick up a crewmember.
Stally
Gentleman is a man who consciously serves women. I prefer the golden rule.

Behind every great man, is a
parasite.

Women who say men won't commit, usually aren't worth committing to.

Mr Benn

I was including Australian women as being Western (along with US, UK, Canada, and most of Europe - such as France, Germany, Spain).

But maybe they really are different?
ww.CoolTools4Men.com

Stallywood

I was married to a Spanish woman. I would not lump Spain and France in the same group as the U.S. Canada, and England. They are Very very different. Western Europe is one group, England another, and Northern Europe another group altogether.
Stally

parasite.

Mr Benn

I was married to a Spanish woman. I would not lump Spain and France in the same group as the U.S. Canada, and England. They are Very very different. Western Europe is one group, England another, and Northern Europe another group altogether.
Stally

Okay. I can beleive that. But can you say in what ways they are different in terms of male/female relationships?
ww.CoolTools4Men.com

Galt

Stereotyping and generalization are always difficult with groups, because anyone can point to an exception.  But I think that different cultures ARE different in ways.  I think that people from Japan have characteristic ways of behaving that differ from people from Nigeria, for example.  I think that people brought up in New York have different attitudes than people brought up on a farm in Oklahoma.  Native Americans who still live on reservations may have different ways of acting than people from Siberia.  That seems pretty obvious to me, although it's not PC to say, and it may be difficult to pin down.

My best stab at what bugs me about SOME (*SOME* - repeat: SOME) American women is that life is kind of like a Kodak commercial.  I don't know how else to put it.  There is a really heavy emphasis on materialism, a sharp expectation that her husband-to-be better conform to the Kodak commercial and a general superficiality or shallowness that comes from hours of network TV.

No, all American women aren't like that.  But maybe enough to make a generalization.  Go to Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, or La Jolla, California or similar places and look at how 20-year-old women act.  That will sum it up.  WOOOO-HOOOO.  It's kind of a life of entitlement.

There are certainly gold-diggers in Eastern Europe, there are certainly users and nasty people, but there is somehow a difference there.  Women can also just have fun and enjoy being with you without giving a rip about whether you are going to fit the Kodak commercial.  Marriages may actually be entered into because two people like each other and like talking to each other, for whatever reason, without the millionaire-to-be marrying the model-to-be (or was, or kind of).

Anyway, if I could verbalize it, I'd be a famous writer like Amber.  So I'm just kind of taking a stab in the general direction, I hope someone at least gets the drift of what I'm saying.

Galt

I also saw something on the Internet that sums up the difference in cultures.  

It was something like: A dream world would be a world in which the Germans are the auto mechanics, the Swiss are the police, the Italians are the lovers etc.

In a nightmare world, the Germans are the police, the Italians are the auto mechanics and the Swiss are the lovers.

OK, so it doesn't go over quite as well off the cuff (and without a drum rim shot).  But you get the picture - there are some differences in cultures.

Mr Benn

Yes. I agree about stereotyping. But on boards like this, ya have to use a bit of generalising in order to have any kind of discussion.

After all, otherwise you could just throw your hands up in the air and say: everyone is different, therefore it is pointless to talk about any trend or pattern in society!

There are definitely national characters, and there are definitely cultural differences.

I think your kodak commercial analogy is a good one.

There is also an advertising slogan for women's shampoo or something: "Because I'm worth it." I was watching a show a few years ago - I think it was Oprah Winfrey - and one woman said something to the effect of "Every woman deserves a good looking, wealthy husband." and all the women in the audience clapped.

But WHY does every woman deserve this??? Why do Western women think the world owes them the best of everything just because they exist?
This also links into the trend in the other post about the growing number of women who want to stay at home, but not do any housework.
ww.CoolTools4Men.com

PowerMan72

:yes:

But WHY does every woman deserve this??? Why do Western women think the world owes them the best of everything just because they exist?
Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan: "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."

Galt

<<This also links into the trend in the other post about the growing number of women who want to stay at home, but not do any housework.>>

It's because they can get away with it.  There are enough chivalristic, chauvanist men who (secretly) think that all women are f#ck-ups, so they may as well pick one and get married.  They just have to remember not to let what they really think slip out.

I DON'T think that all women are f#ck-ups.  So then it gets a bit disappointing when I see society promoting this - the chivalristic men can be the hero to the "child", and the women can stay at home and do the minimum of housework and have a good, stress-free life.  And yell at her husband because he treats her like a child, and he can yell at her because she doesn't contribute anything of value in reality.  What a life.  I never really wanted to be part of that scene.  Not at all.

But a lot of women today are hypnotized by "partial feminism" - meaning that the man is expected to fulfill his role (like paying for dates and vacations, being the main breadwinner in a marriage, and paying child support and an asset settlement - and possibly alimony if the marriage was long term - after the marriage ends), but the woman is "equal" and he dare not "enslave" her by asking her to do something around the house if she's at home while he works.

It's really bizarre if you think about it.  Think about two alien beings, the greens and the reds.  The greens have roles and expectations on them, the reds don't, but the reds tell the greens they are oppressing them ... and the greens just accept all of it and try to take on more.  Kind of depressing.

Assault

Quote from: "Galt"

It's really bizarre if you think about it.  Think about two alien beings, the greens and the reds.  The greens have roles and expectations on them, the reds don't, but the reds tell the greens they are oppressing them ... and the greens just accept all of it and try to take on more.  Kind of depressing.

What a great analogy! 8)
Feminism is the product of female selfishness, compounded by male chivalry.

- Peter Zohrab -

Assault

I would actually prefer another Canadian woman or American, if I can find one who doesn't believe her vagina is made of gold, and thinks I have to EARN her.

That's the one that really bothers me....the "You have to earn it buddy." mentality. I've had women in deadend jobs, telling me how men need to do this, and men need to do that.

When this starts I usually do a checklist of my accomplishments and then ask her to provide me with a list of hers. Inevitabley she will say something like "What do you mean?" with a confused look on her face. I will then repeat the question and if she hasn't done anything even remotely impressive, I call it a night and send her home. :?

I'm holding out hope that there either women in Canada will start to wake up, and change, or at least I'll find someone who can EARN ME. :lol:
Feminism is the product of female selfishness, compounded by male chivalry.

- Peter Zohrab -

Galt

<<I've had women in deadend jobs, telling me how men need to do this, and men need to do that.>>

That's kind of the "entitlement" thing.  I saw a 25-year-old woman working at a convenience store calling a 25-year-old man a loser because ... he worked at a convenience store.  I don't know if they get it.

But that's probably part of the Eastern European thing ... everyone had crappy jobs, and the golddiggers were looking for the guys coming over from West Germany to hit on.  But a lot of them were happy with guys who earned the same as them, and it wasn't a big topic.  Less materialism and more of a focus on life.  That attitude still hangs over, at least with the women I have gotten to know from the former East Germany.  It's fun and nice to just talk to a woman without the drumbeat of materialism that prevails among SOME American women.

NOT ALL.  There are certainly exceptions, but I think network TV and Oprah have led to a kind of standardization.

Galt

I can even understand some guy who's obsessed about making money and into materialism - at least he wants to do it with his own work.  But I have less understanding for the goal of bagging a guy so that you can be rich - or worse - nagging for him to earn more after you married him, and I really think that still goes on today.  In the latter case, I would suggest self-help - if ya want more money, think of a way to earn it yourself.

Stallywood

Some of the differences? Well i think they were more feminine, dressed better had a better attitude about being women, and towards men.  Appreciated men more, and  werent so materialistic.  The Scandinavian women were very beautiful, open, agressive.....
Just some of my thoughts.
Stally

parasite.

Mr Benn

Thanks Stally.

Btw, has anyone ever told you that you look like Mr T from the A Team?
ww.CoolTools4Men.com

Go Up