ABCNews.com: Double bash headline special

Started by mens_issues, Jun 07, 2004, 04:34 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Galt

<<What exactly are these women rooting for, does anyone know?>>

My idea - with regard to the Ms. Boards - is that a part of feminism today is simply "spoiled-brat" feminism.

Women came on there and suggested ways of lying to a father (who was paying for college but didn't really want to throw out good money for women's studies).  A woman asked if she should lie about being raped to coerce a professor into not to show a certain film in Russian Studies class - anything to get your way (Wyzardess).  A woman came on there and wanted sympathy for cheating and SIMULTANEOUSLY sympathy for being cheated on (Shy_Ms_Kitty).  And got it.  And talked about wailing on the ground, screaming and crying after reading an e-mail.  I mean - wouldn't you like be a bit embarrassed to say that, even if it was true.  Unreal.

And on and on, ad nauseum.

There were some older, bitter women there and a whole lot of young spoiled brats.  They seem to think that men get everything handed to them on a silver platter, and they are perpetually pissed-off.  That's modern-day feminism.  How cool.

It's brainwashing through women's studies (that YOU, as a taxpayer, are paying for) and many other routes in society.  They are perpetual victims.  With no empathy for men, whatsoever.

Double Jeopardy

Quote from: "Galt"
<<What exactly are these women rooting for, does anyone know?>>

My idea - with regard to the Ms. Boards - is that a part of feminism today is simply "spoiled-brat" feminism.

Women came on there and suggested ways of lying to a father (who was paying for college but didn't really want to throw out good money for women's studies).  A woman asked if she should lie about being raped to coerce a professor into not to show a certain film in Russian Studies class - anything to get your way (Wyzardess).  A woman came on there and wanted sympathy for cheating and SIMULTANEOUSLY sympathy for being cheated on (Shy_Ms_Kitty).  And got it.  And talked about wailing on the ground, screaming and crying after reading an e-mail.  I mean - wouldn't you like be a bit embarrassed to say that, even if it was true.  Unreal.

And on and on, ad nauseum.

There were some older, bitter women there and a whole lot of young spoiled brats.  They seem to think that men get everything handed to them on a silver platter, and they are perpetually pissed-off.  That's modern-day feminism.  How cool.

It's brainwashing through women's studies and many other routes in society.  They are perpetual victims.  With no empathy for men, whatsoever.

wow, you sure have that place down solid! I also noticed it was saturated with mostly MEN and no women! Trannys, gay men, mostly. I also noticed there were many lesbians which lends itself to why people tend to believe feminism equals lesbian/bi-butch/misandrist.

mens_issues

Quote from: "Phebe"
What sense does it make to marry down? If we marry up (hard to do in some cases, I'd say, but then I don't know what your criteria are) then we benefit more than people marrying down do.

You are saying women marry up and men marry down? And then you would like to have it that men are the SMARTER sex??

Incautious.  

I don't think that there is a "smarter" or "better" sex.  It's just that men and women have different and complementary areas of strengths and weaknesses.  It isn't helpful to say that one is better than the other.

Also, how do you define marrying "up?"  Traditionally, women would want to marry men with more financial resources than they have, while men would want to marry women who are younger and attractive.  So, in terms of beauty, men also wanted to marry "up."  

Of course, the fact that men on average earned more says nothing of how the money was spent.  If the money was given to the wife to spend for the family, everyone benefited.  It worked both ways, as while the wife may have made many of the purchasing decisions, the family as a whole benefited.  Therefore, the feminist whining about a misleading "pay gap" serves no purpose.   :blahblah:  :boohoo:

Steve
Men's Issues Online - a voice for men's advocacy http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MensIssuesOnline

Follow Male Positive Media on Twitter - https://twitter.com/MalePositive

Daymar

"You are saying women marry up and men marry down?"

Men usually have more money then the women they marry hence the term 'marrying down.'

InternetDevil

Quote from: "Phebe"
You are saying women marry up and men marry down? And then you would like to have it that men are the SMARTER sex??

JK's income for 2003 --> $34K
JK's wife's income for 2003 --> $73K

Sir Jessy of Anti

Phebe wrote:

I'd not take that assertion from that.  What I might take from that is that perhaps men are the more romantic sex, as they care less about status of potential mates.
"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master." -- Ayn Rand<br /><br />

InternetDevil

Quote from: "Sir Jessy of Anti"
Phebe wrote:

I'd not take that assertion from that.  What I might take from that is that perhaps men are the more romantic sex, as they care less about status of potential mates.

I agree.  But JK knows too much about life to be romantic.

Go Up