Woman jailed for false rape allegation

Started by neonsamurai, Jun 17, 2004, 02:46 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

neonsamurai

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/allnews/tm_objectid%3D14325333%26method%3Dfull%26siteid%3D50143%26headline%3Drape-liar-name_page.html

RAPE LIAR
Jun 12 2004

Jail for 'revenge' girl
By Stephen White

A GIRL given the brush-off after a one-night stand told the man she had sex with: I'm going to do you for rape.

Emma Armstrong, 21 - who invented a story about being dragged into a car, raped and forced into another act - was jailed for a year for attempting to pervert the course of justice.

She had described to police one of the three men she claimed had assaulted her in a park. He was arrested and had DNA tests but denied any attack. Days later Armstrong told police she had lied, Sheffield crown court heard.

Armstrong had met the man in a Sheffield pub. After having sex, she became upset when he asked her to leave to avoid a confrontation with his girlfriend. She warned him of her "rape" plot and went to police. She agreed to DNA tests which proved that sex had taken place.

An inquiry began, prompting calls from hundreds of women worried about their safety. The man she accused, who was never charged and had never been in trouble, was said to have been left anxious and ashamed over the allegation.

Armstrong's defence lawyer said she was a loner who used sexual contact "to bolster her low self-esteem".

Judge Alan Goldsack, QC told her: "You were alleging a grave offence. It is easy to make a false allegation of rape. Offences like this undermine justice."

It's about time something like this happened! I wonder if we can expect the same with Kobe Bryants accuser?
Dr. Kathleen Dixon, the Director of Women's Studies: "We forbid any course that says we restrict free speech!"

Daymar

Well at least she confessed before he got put in jail.  :?

But yes it is good to see SOMETHING happen.

PowerMan72

:elephant:
Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan: "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."

Phebe

Suggestion: don't mess up women's heads by doing one-night stands. You KNOW we don't like that.

Usually.

Assault

Quote from: "Phebe"
Suggestion: don't mess up women's heads by doing one-night stands. You KNOW we don't like that.

Usually.

It takes at least 2 to have sex. Women need to take responsibility for thier sex as well.
Feminism is the product of female selfishness, compounded by male chivalry.

- Peter Zohrab -

InternetDevil

I understand that doing a one-night stand increases a man's chance of being falsely accused of rape.  But falsely accusing a man of rape increades her chance of being a murder victim.  

Can we blame the victim in either case?

Phebe

I don't think it increases her chances of being a murder victim AT ALL --- because who would the police look for first? The guy she accused of rape, obviously.

Galt

<<The guy she accused of rape, obviously.>>

Or guy(s).

SouthernGuy

I had a one night stand last week and I haven't seen or heard from her since.  :shock:

Hopefully everything is cool with her, nowadays you never know. Mixing Flaming Dr. Peppers, Jager Bombs and Cuervo is not advised. Wasn't to smart on my part I guess...

SG

InternetDevil

I don't think it increases her chances of being a murder victim AT ALL.

Suppose he gets probation for rape (as in 33% cases).  And decides that a murder conviction is better then years of having to apologise for what he did not do, hearing and writing assignments on how evil/deviant he is, taking plethysmograph tests, describing all the details of his masturbatory life to his SO group, etc.

PS.  Have you seen "The Count of Monte Cristo?"

Phebe

I think you want to recover some feeling of power in the situation, ID.......

You think these classes and such increase crime. I'd need to see a link before believing that, because they are supposed to decrease crime. Maybe they don't! But that is the fond hope.

InternetDevil

I think you want to recover some feeling of power in the situation, ID.......

It depends on a the man.  For an average man it may work.  But for a man willing to do anything to show that he has a right not to be falsely convicted the situation may be different.

Assault

Quote from: "InternetDevil"

Suppose he gets probation for rape (as in 33% cases).  And decides that a murder conviction is better then years of having to apologise for what he did not do, hearing and writing assignments on how evil/deviant he is, taking plethysmograph tests, describing all the details of his masturbatory life to his SO group, etc.

PS.  Have you seen "The Count of Monte Cristo?"

I agree in a sense. It's called the Self Fullfilling Prophecy. After being told how evil you are, how it's all your fault, being treated like a criminal, some people just say to themselves "Screw it.", and come to believe what they are being told about themselves.

I can tell you from first hand experience that after being falsely accused  of abuse and then having  my life destroyed, I thought to myself more than a few times "If the bitch wants to say I beat her, then at least I should get the satisfaction of actually DOING it!"

Thankfully, I realized immediately after having these thoughts, that she wasn't worth it, even though it would give me great satisfaction.

- Peter Zohrab -

InternetDevil

Quote from: "Assault"
I can tell you from first hand experience that after being falsely accused  of abuse and then having  my life destroyed, I thought to myself more than a few times "If the bitch wants to say I beat her, then at least I should get the satisfaction of actually DOING it!"

Your life was not destroyed, but the life of a man falsely convicted of rape is.  Many men would have nothing to lose.

Given that it is much safer to falsely accuse a pro-feminist or a neutral man then a masculist.  At least these men are far more likely to blame themselves and not think like the Count of Monte Cristo did.

PS.  I would never be violent no matter what.  Nor do I advocate violence.  I am just pointing out that destroying a wrong man may cause it.

Assault

Quote from: "InternetDevil"
Your life was not destroyed, but the life of a man falsely convicted of rape is.  Many men would have nothing to lose.

I'm by no means trying to belittle the effects of false rape allegations by saying my life was destroyed by domestic abuse allegations. I know the severity is much different, and I apologize if you took offence.

My point was that I had a promising career in the correctional field which is now dead in the water due to the fact I'm seen as a possible wife beater, alcoholic, drug addict, child beater, and steroid abuser.

My ex wife left no stone unturned in her allegations, anything she could think of, she added to her claims. So, even though my friends, co-workers, and supervisors claim to believe me, the specter of those allegations remains and thier effects reverberate even today.

- Peter Zohrab -

Go Up