The glorification of the victim

Started by Gabriel, Jun 18, 2004, 03:21 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Gabriel

Feminism has been spreading the glorification of the victim, to the point where today - not only can women use being a victim to get away with crimes, take their husbands to the cleaners in divorces, use as a revenge tool, or as an excuse for something (staying out late), but where it has became cool to be a victim.

Tori Amos is a perfect illustration of this phenomenon. Back in high school, before I learned the truth, I was friends with an older girl that was bi. She took me to a Tori Amos concert. Before I went, I talked with some females in my class who were going as well to learn something about it. They told me she was raped and their eyes were big in awe and jealousy. They talked about in a high excited tone with smiles on their faces, like I would talk about a great football play.

At the concert, all the girls swooned over Tori and when she sang her trademark song about getting raped, there were murmurs of excitment in the crowd - "Is she singing it?"
"Yeah, this is it." And the girls cried and some tossed flowers at the stage. Many rushed to the stage, their eys wide in awe of this victim.

She sang it as the last song and leaving there was feeling the crowd of "Wow, I want to be raped too" , "Wow, I wish I'd been raped", or "Wow, I want to be a victim too."

It is cool to be a victim and cool to be a lesbian, both of the aspect of being cool center on rejecting men and men have done me wrong.

Galt

John Leo had a column several years ago - which I can't seem to find again - about a woman at a "Take Back the Night" rally.

She went to the police and said she was a victim of attempted rape, and she had knife cuts on her.

The police started actions to find the "rapist", but also asked her for more details.  She eventually started contradicting herself, and then had to admit that she made it up.  Her reason was that she was so mad about rape victims, and so hepped up by the Take Back the Night rally, that she felt she had to become a part of it - or become a victim herself.

I mean ... this is where tax dollars are going for public universities today (women's studies programs promoting this stuff - and shoddy "academics" that even a lot of high school students see through - but not much else).  Huh.

Bender

Galt,

that story of that woman.  That is funny and sad at the same time.  Funny in the sense that her tiny brain thought along those lines.   Sad in the sense that the valuable resources of the human race are being squandered having to deal with people like this...
color=red] You have no Constitutional right not to be offended and I'm here to make sure this non-existent Constitutional right is honored.
[/color]

<<<---Ya know ya want one.

napnip

Quote from: "Galt"
John Leo had a column several years ago - which I can't seem to find again - about a woman at a "Take Back the Night" rally.

She went to the police and said she was a victim of attempted rape, and she had knife cuts on her.

The police started actions to find the "rapist", but also asked her for more details.  She eventually started contradicting herself, and then had to admit that she made it up.  Her reason was that she was so mad about rape victims, and so hepped up by the Take Back the Night rally, that she felt she had to become a part of it - or become a victim herself.

I mean ... this is where tax dollars are going for public universities today (women's studies programs promoting this stuff - and shoddy "academics" that even a lot of high school students see through - but not much else).  Huh.

What's really sad is that had the police found someone to charge, she probably would have happily went along with it, content to see an innocent man go to prison, all because she got caught up in the moment with her victim mentality.    :x
i] We drank our toast to innocence,
We drank our toast to now.
We tried to reach beyond the emptiness,
But neither one knew how. [/i]

Go Up