International Marriage Broker Regulation Act

Started by Pernicious, Jul 05, 2004, 10:30 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Stallywood

The situation must be getting really bad if this is what the Government is resorting to in order to curtail American Men opting out of marriage to American Women.  At first glance the bill may appear to protect people, but I believe the ultimate effect is to allow the Gov a way to put constraints on American Mens ability to marry Foreign women..
Stally
Gentleman is a man who consciously serves women. I prefer the golden rule.

Behind every great man, is a
parasite.

Women who say men won't commit, usually aren't worth committing to.

FEMINAZIHATEMARTYR

Doc- That quote was from the original article posted by Pernicious.

One thing I find curiously hypocritical about the attitude of this bill is that feminists and liberals are in favour of more immigration.

Stally- Thats because they believe unregulated immigration attracts more democrats and the democrats are feminazi puppets.
What good fortune for government that people do not think."
                         Adolph Hitler

"Where madness rules the absurd is not far away."

We must not make the mistake of thinking that all those who eat the bread of dictatorship are evil from the first; but they must necessarily become evil....The curse of a system of terror is that there is no turning back; neither in the large realm of policies nor the 'smaller' realm of everyday human relationships is it possible for men to retrace their steps."
- Dr. Hans Bernd Gisevius
(1904-1974)

Stallywood

Quote from: "FEMINAZIHATEMARTYR"
Doc- That quote was from the original article posted by Pernicious.

One thing I find curiously hypocritical about the attitude of this bill is that feminists and liberals are in favour of more immigration.

Stally- Thats because they believe unregulated immigration attracts more democrats and the democrats are feminazi puppets.

Roger that.
Stally
Gentleman is a man who consciously serves women. I prefer the golden rule.

Behind every great man, is a
parasite.

Women who say men won't commit, usually aren't worth committing to.

LSBeene

You guys are missing a big part of this:

Does ANYONE see ANYWHERE in that bill ANY provision to protect men from women who come here to goldig or to dump their husbands?

I mean, ok, this part is niave, but isn't this from American legislatures?

Steven
'Watch our backs at home, we'll guard the wall over here. You can sleep safe tonight, we'll guard the door."

Isaiah 6:8
"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"

Mr. Nickle

What's so surprising about that Beene? It's the same old men are responsible for their actions attitude. It's up to men to find out if their potential mate is actually a black-widow in her homeland. As one of my favourite feminists has stated over and over "Why do you expect women to solve men's problems?" :D

But on the flip side, it's absolutely critical that we spend taxpayer's dollars and form an intrusive bureaucracy with limitless, unmonitored, powers over american (male) citizens to protect poor, widdle, helpless, foreign women from hooking up with a lemon. :D
Don't mention the war! - Basil Fawlty

LSBeene

I don't notice if anyone else besides FNHM and Stally saw my thread on this, but I am over at about.com debating this VERY subject.

http://forums.about.com/ab-womensissues/messages?msg=2743.23

Feel free to give me a hand on this.

We got 2 ardent feminists doing the snippy bitch dance.

You know the one: *"I'm not being angry, I just don't think you have proved your point, why are you getting so upset, Steven, I was calmly asking you questions and you seem to be taking it personally".

Meanwhile, if you read what I wrote I am outright laughing at this woman.  And she's getting peeved and when I point that out it makes her more catty.

C'mon over and enjoy the Feminazi Bitch Bake.

Steven
'Watch our backs at home, we'll guard the wall over here. You can sleep safe tonight, we'll guard the door."

FEMINAZIHATEMARTYR

Beene-
Does ANYONE see ANYWHERE in that bill ANY provision to protect men from women who come here to goldig or to dump their husbands?

Of course it wouldnt. What kind of objectivity and concern could we ever expect from a feminazi??! :banghead:
                         Adolph Hitler

We must not make the mistake of thinking that all those who eat the bread of dictatorship are evil from the first; but they must necessarily become evil....The curse of a system of terror is that there is no turning back; neither in the large realm of policies nor the 'smaller' realm of everyday human relationships is it possible for men to retrace their steps."
(1904-1974)

LSBeene

Of course, you're right, silly me.

What the fuck was I thinking.

But, you gotta admit, this debate on the about.com boards is fun!

Steven

Pernicious

Wow Beene, those were sure some good posts.

I will be getting in on it in a bit.
 do what I need to do to protect my loved ones, friends, and family. This is what men do.

Gabriel

The bill is a problem since one of the required questions is whether anyone has been under a restraining order related to DV. It doesn't discriminate if it was falsely administered or if the man was convicted of any offense

Who gives a shit, that is not the point. The point is that the US government should not be worried about protecting foreign women, it should be advancing the interests of its citizens and if its citizens choose to marry abroad, it shouldn't give a shit.

Crap just like this is further evidence that women should never have been given the right to vote.

As a side note, I don't think this bill has a snowball's chance of getting p

LSBeene

Gabe,

women should be able to vote.  It's the lunatics and extremists who make the rest of them look bad, just like the assholes who are batterers make us men look bad.

I understand your anger, I really really do.  The fact that this bill could even be INTRODUCED under it's flimsy guise of "protecting foreign women" when I go to feminist sites and their cheering because they think it will stop men from going overseas to marry .... that tells me something.

Doesn't it?

Steven

Gabriel

Quote from: "LSBeene"
women should be able to vote.  It's the lunatics and extremists who make the rest of them look bad, just like the assholes who are batterers make us men look bad.

I used to think like you do, I used to believe that some women were not users, manipulators, liars, power hungry, attention whores. Now I am not so sure. I am starting to see the wisedom in the ancient greeks.

when I go to feminist sites and their cheering because they think it will stop men from going overseas to marry .... that tells me something.

Doesn't it?

I don't know what it tells you, but it tells me that they're power hungry and hate men.  I saw this this morning as I was leaving and it made me want to puke.

FEMINAZIHATEMARTYR

Beene- It is very ironic that feminazis would even care that American men seek foreign wives since they dont want to marry us!
                         Adolph Hitler

(1904-1974)

CaptDMO

You guys are missing a big part of this:

Steven

Shirly! You jest?
NOTE- SECTIONS ONLY

SEC. 8. GOOD FAITH MARRIAGES.
The fact that an alien who is in the United States on a visa under clause (i) or (iii) of section 101(a)(15)(K) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(15)(K)) is aware of the criminal background of a client (as defined in section 652 of the Omnibus Consolidated Appropriations Act, 1997 (8 U.S.C. 1375)) cannot be used as evidence that the marriage was not entered into in good faith.

`(c) OBLIGATIONS OF INTERNATIONAL MARRIAGE BROKER WITH RESPECT TO INFORMED CONSENT- An international marriage broker shall not provide any personal contact information about any foreign national client, not including photographs, to any person unless and until the international marriage broker has--
`(1) provided the foreign national client with information in his or her native language that explains the rights of victims of domestic violence in the United States, including the right to petition for residence independent of, and without the knowledge, consent, or cooperation of, the spouse; and
`(2) received from the foreign national client a signed consent to the release of such personal contact information.

(2) the requirement that international marriage brokers provide foreign national clients with responses of clients to questions regarding the client's domestic violence history and marital history, but that such information may not be accurate;

(3) the right of an alien who is or whose children are subjected to domestic violence or extreme cruelty by a United States citizen spouse or legal permanent resident spouse, to self-petition for legal permanent immigration status under the Violence Against Women Act independently of, and without the knowledge, consent, or cooperation of, such United States citizen spouse or legal permanent resident spouse;

The formula for gold digging, fraudulent immigration, and legal protection of it is all right there!
Not to mention-In My Humble Opinion- new rules in DIRECT CONFLICT with the oft cited "ones past dosen't matter" crap that is founding logic for current "Rape shield laws" that only apply to females.

`(B) Any court ordered restriction on physical contact with another person, including any temporary or permanent restraining order or civil protection order.
`(C) Marital history, including if the person is currently married, if the person has previously been married and how many times, how previous marriages were terminated and the date of termination, and if the person has previously sponsored an alien to whom the person has been engaged or married.
`(D) The ages of any and all children under the age of 18.
`(E) All States in which the client has resided since the age of 18.

CaptDMO

Sorry about the unnessissarily long bla..blah...blah. But lest I find myself saddled with  "out of context"...............

Go Up