Want to have some fun debate?

Started by LSBeene, Jul 05, 2004, 03:02 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

LSBeene

Damn Jesse, you creamed her.

She won't admit it, of course, but I got my own good ending.

You know how she asks and asks questions like she's 11 years old, and pretends not to understand?  Well she preceives anyone mentioning that as "ad hominem" and a "personal attack". (oh, she's a MOD btw - or so she said, twice).  Well, knowing how to deal with that kind of person I did this:

When we were on the rape shield thread she jumped in.  I then brought it up on the MOB thread to shame her.  She TRIED to get me to debate her actions and I just offered the thread as an example of her attitude and it really must have pissed her off.

So then I told her: "I won't put up with your personal attacks, hijacking the thread (but only objecting when it offends you), or your immaturity.  I will not deal nor reply to you until you acknowledge it and apologize"

Now ... lol, there is NO WAY in hell she will do that.  So, in effect, I've shut her up.  And the more she tries to bait me afterwards it'll piss her off.

The one thing a person like her hates the MOST is to be ignored.

Steven
'Watch our backs at home, we'll guard the wall over here. You can sleep safe tonight, we'll guard the door."

Isaiah 6:8
"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"

devia

I'm going to pop in here and make disparaging remarks and then leave.

LSBeene

Hey Jesse,

ya gotta love this: since I told her that I would not deal with her anymore, she banned me from posting.

Typical feminist "open minded thinking".

Steven

P.S.

I reported her to the Site owners.  No matter what spin she puts on it, I pointed out that in all the "personal attacks" and discussion she was the problem, the vortex, and the cause of the angst.  Now, however she spins it, it's obvious that's what happened.
'Watch our backs at home, we'll guard the wall over here. You can sleep safe tonight, we'll guard the door."

Sir Jessy of Anti

Oh it looks like someone gave Kiata the url to this board (she's made noise in the thread to that effect).  I wonder who could have done that?  

Hmm.  I guess it's just one of life's...great mysteries.  LOL
"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master." -- Ayn Rand<br /><br />

Mr. Nickle

LOL :D

Hi Devia, missed ya babe.

I might go over there jessy and help out but it was just too late last night. You have a good suggestion there. Maybe I'll take that approach.
Don't mention the war! - Basil Fawlty

CaptDMO

Um....My name is CaptDMO......I am a trouble maker......

(crowd-in unison......Hi Capt....)

I have been accused of casting aspersions toward others
http://forums.about.com/ab-womensissues/messages?msg=2743.83
Let it be known that I apologise for what MAY have been MISINTERPRETED as aspersions toward LS, Sir J, and Shoalinwannabe. I'm sorry I questioned your serenity in public forum.

As an explination I can only offer this. SHEESH, YOU'RE HUNTING FISH IN A BARREL WITH GRENADES OVER THERE.
While I understand the nessissity to expose blather for what it is I believe that once one elicits the "I know you are but what am I"  and the "wahyyyyi?......................but wahyyyi...............but wahyyyyi" syndrome of the infantile it becomes .....ungentlemanly...to repeatedly flail the offender with logic and appropriate discourse, For shame!

BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, oh my!*phew*........(snark)*SIGH*.......sometimes I'm amaze MYSELF at how thick I can lay it on.

dr e

Hi Capt!  Welcome.

A good troublemaker is hard to find.  It is an art form don't you think?
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

Sir Jessy of Anti

LOL - good one cap-i-tan.  But wahyyyyiii ...hee hee.

Anyways, I was under the impression that the fence post in question was Kiata.  :lol:
"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master." -- Ayn Rand<br /><br />

Stallywood

Quote from: "Sir Jessy of Anti"
Since my erudite posts are having little effect on the fem-borg collective, I have decided my next tact will be to say things like,

"How so?"
"Why"
"Why do you think so?"
"Can you explain?"
"I don't undersand"

In reference to the most obvious statements and ideas that follow logically.  I'm sick of doing all the work.  I'll let someone else do it!

LOL

Thats great, using her tactics against her.  
Stally
Gentleman is a man who consciously serves women. I prefer the golden rule.

Behind every great man, is a
parasite.

Women who say men won't commit, usually aren't worth committing to.

LSBeene

I also did not take your comments in a negative light.

And notice what Kiata did:
She started the "but how did you feel this way" question, which leads to 5 more questions, each of which is "misinterpreted", "needs clarification", and "wants citations", and each of THOSE needs follow up.

And make no mistake: she's a moderator.  Which means she's a regular poster and she's debated before.  Her tactic is to delay, go off on tangents, agitate, and frustrate.  All the while the wide-eyed doe in the head lights "I was JUST asking for 'clarification', obviously you don't like to be questioned by a woman!!" (sniff sniff, insert hurt look here).

And then when I tell her I will not have any more discourse with her: she bans me.  

And she probably honestly thinks it was right.  How dare I not make her the CENTER of attention and ignore her.  THAT'S rude.

I sent the about.com people links to the threads we were on and a complaint.  Not sure what good it does, but if enough people complain she'll get booted from the Mod spot.

Steven

Stallywood

Oh it looks like someone gave Kiata the url to this board (she's made noise in the thread to that effect).  I wonder who could have done that?  

Hmm.  I guess it's just one of life's...great mysteries.  LOL

Hey its 1620 in the Afternoon here, and I am ready to go. Is Kiata on the look out for us or is it still clear?
Stally
Gentleman is a man who consciously serves women. I prefer the golden rule.

Behind every great man, is a
parasite.

Women who say men won't commit, usually aren't worth committing to.

Sir Jessy of Anti

Kiata is on the prowl.  She now knows I am a moderator (thanks Devia).    Anyways, I tried debating logically with her.  What a waste of time that was.  As you've noticed, I now have a new tact.

10-4 on the 16:20.

CaptDMO

LOL - good one cap-i-tan.  But wahyyyyiii ...hee hee.

Anyways, I was under the impression that the fence post in question was Kiata.  :lol:

(sheesh,philistines![2])  The post immidiatly after the one I referanced was from someone called Kiata responding to what I had written even though she was not invited nor addressed in the body. I made no FACTUAL referances to any one person as a fencepost, nor was the referance clearly comparing ANY persons' emotional depth with a fence post.
The response to what I had writen invited me to share my views and went on to opine I cast aspersions- to EXACTLY what was  not clear.  I only hope IGNORING the UNSOLICITED Personal ATTACK on my views, and not deeming Kiatas' invitation to IMPLIED INTELLIGENT DISCOURSE prevoking, was not offensive to the tenets of COMMON COURTESY.
 I was forced to conclude (and I can understand how other educated folk may also conclude) that Kiata MAY have felt I was refering to some oneor perhaps someones metyod of logical adult discourse in the thread I made the effort to include SPECIFICLY those to whom MAY have, on some other planet, even remotely deemed any aspersion may have been directed to them. I JUST HAPPENED, BY THE MEREST OF COINCIDENCE, to have chosen this forum to do so.

So you see Sir, my point is this. I might of simply posted "NO S&$% SHERLOCK" to your dasterdly implication that I may risk GREAT PERSONAL INJURY to my character by demeaning others - comparing their thought process and cranial composition to .....say..... "with an IQ of a fencepost" [1]. But I prefer to demonstrate that one can go on at length and say nothing without loss of civility in hopes that any that MAY have found that- the shoe SEEMS to be a comfortable fit -and ASSUMED I meant them personally, MAY visit this forum, shut the f$%k up,and stay and learn, to speak their own minds-not the stooge taught ,zanie (sp,zany) antics dictated by others.

Now, would that whole entry rate as "Holy....What a crock of..." while maintaning deniability, alleviating any personal responsability, and maintaining decorum?

1. Tom Waites(sp)-"The Piano Has Been Drinking"
2. Calvin in "Calvin And Hobbs" by Bill Watterson

I thank you....I thank you.....I'll be here all week!
          Geoffery Chaucer in the movie "A Knights Tale"

Sir Jessy of Anti

I'm glad we got THAT all cleared up.   :P

Sir Jessy of Anti

Oh btw CaptDMO, your prose reminds me of Cervantes (which is pretty neat, actually).  I do hope you'll stick around, should you find the forum entertaining or interesting.

Go Up