Why I support the proposed Canadian law.

Started by InternetDevil, Jul 07, 2004, 12:51 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

InternetDevil

Sir Jessy of Anti was very very very very angry with me for supporting the legislation banning antifeminist expression.  Why do I support it?  Why not?  Given that we do not have it anyway (aside from talking to negligibly small audience), why not make it formal?  At least that way we could be mobilized campaign and demand our CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT to free speach.

FEMINAZIHATEMARTYR

Careful ID, thats what the liberals thought about electing Hitler in 1933.
"If the German people get a whiff of the real naziism then they'll surely rebel against the extreme right forever!." Wrong!!
What good fortune for government that people do not think."
                         Adolph Hitler

"Where madness rules the absurd is not far away."

We must not make the mistake of thinking that all those who eat the bread of dictatorship are evil from the first; but they must necessarily become evil....The curse of a system of terror is that there is no turning back; neither in the large realm of policies nor the 'smaller' realm of everyday human relationships is it possible for men to retrace their steps."
- Dr. Hans Bernd Gisevius
(1904-1974)

InternetDevil

Quote from: "FEMINAZIHATEMARTYR"
"If the German people get a whiff of the real naziism then they'll surely rebel against the extreme right forever!." Wrong!!

It is not about feminists rebelling.  It is about masculists and more men being mobilised to fight for free speach by that law.

Sir Jessy of Anti

Sounds like one who claims to be a friend of freedom could think of something else.
"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master." -- Ayn Rand<br /><br />

Quasimodo

Quote from: "InternetDevil"
Quote from: "FEMINAZIHATEMARTYR"

It is not about feminists rebelling.  It is about masculists and more men being mobilized to fight for free speach by that law.

We've been silenced for 40 years and things got progressively worse. Our main problem (and their main fear) is our inability to get the word out to the masses of men. Taking away our only voice, albeit faint, is the one way they can go from winning relatively to winning absolutely.
axine Waters on the 2004 March for Women:
"I have to march because my mother could not have an abortion." ! ! !

CaptDMO

So, if I understand the thread,  is there a consensus of -Yes to antidisestablishmentarianism with the patriarchal status quo?

(HA,.... try...JUST TRY, to slip THAT word into casual conversation! I"ve been wating YEARS!)

Sir Jessy of Anti

"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master." -- Ayn Rand<br /><br />

Bagu

With all the existing unconstitional, discriminatory laws, we have enough reason right now to campaign. Having that extra law probably won't mobilise much more men, but it will limit our freedom more.

Pat Kibbon

While defeat of this bill would be in the best interest of all concerned, its passage would make it the only anti male law that is susceptable to challenge by civil disobedience.
"We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paper work is overwhelming."

Sir Jessy of Anti

Many laws, and applications of laws, can be subject to civil disobedience.

Look at F4J.

Quasimodo

I agree.
The idea that whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger is nonsense; it just doesn't kill you. The femborg is always on the lookout for that final nail in the coffin to halt the growth of the mens movement. Censoring us is their best weapon to date.

Given the diffuse and ephemeral nature of internet interactions, the effect of such a law would be catastrophic. How hard is it to shut down the civil disobedience of F4J? Difficult. How hard would it have been to outlaw the Men's Defense Asssoc. newspaper? Nope, freedom of the press. Contrast that to how easy it is to quash a website if this law came into effect. How many webmasters would risk the fine? And if you open little bandito sites all over the web, who will know about them?

No. The Canadian law is an attempt to hit a homerun.
axine Waters on the 2004 March for Women:
"I have to march because my mother could not have an abortion." ! ! !

Gabriel

There is no reason to support this law.

Sir Jessy of Anti

That's mainly because there is no such law.  The feminists at Status of Women Canada made a recomendation that women be included among the protected groups in the hate crime legislation.  That will never happen.  I could see 'gender' being included, and if that ever happens we can then sue Universities for including feminist hate materials in syllabus.

Go Up