What is greater violattion?

Started by InternetDevil, Jul 07, 2004, 04:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

What is greater violation?

Rape.
3 (30%)
Forcing an innocent man to admit his guilt.
7 (70%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: Jul 07, 2004, 04:25 PM

Go Down

InternetDevil

We had several discussions about rape.  Now, I would like to ask you a question.  What is greater violation:

Daymar

Are you talking about a man raping a woman?

CaptDMO

I'm afraid I must beg the question-

Reword, expand, or add context. Otherwise-In My Humble Opinion-
you're just baiting for some preveiously unknown species of deep sea fish with that one.

My choice ,as presented, Return the question for further consideration

FEMINAZIHATEMARTYR

Both vary in degree and both are hideous. However I voted the latter since the result of false accusations have resulted in the torture and deaths of millions of men and women by tyrannts throughout history. I might be wrong but its a loaded issue no matter how its examined.
What good fortune for government that people do not think."
                         Adolph Hitler

"Where madness rules the absurd is not far away."

We must not make the mistake of thinking that all those who eat the bread of dictatorship are evil from the first; but they must necessarily become evil....The curse of a system of terror is that there is no turning back; neither in the large realm of policies nor the 'smaller' realm of everyday human relationships is it possible for men to retrace their steps."
- Dr. Hans Bernd Gisevius
(1904-1974)

napnip

I'm inclined to say they are both equally horrible.  That one really isn't worse than the other.
i] We drank our toast to innocence,
We drank our toast to now.
We tried to reach beyond the emptiness,
But neither one knew how. [/i]

dr e

I think the Captain is correct.  This poll is bait for problems.  We have no "painometer" and comparing a person's pain to anothers is asking for trouble.
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

PowerMan72

:wink:
Trouble from whom Doc?
Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan: "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."

dr e

Trouble for whoever wants to make it.

I have been involved in assisting people who are in crisis following a trauma of some sort and a common volatile topic is when the people are in gruops and start comparing their trauma with the implication (and sometimes more direct statements) that what they have gone through is worse than the trauma that person b has gone through.  When this happens of course person b is insulted and all hell breaks loose.  Interesting note is that I can't remember a single time when it was the men who were "comparing" it always seems to be the ladies.

Comparing pain almost always leads to misunderstandings and assorted difficulties.  I have yet to see it do any good.  This poll puts us at risk in some ways since if people vote that rape is "less" painful than the other that can be used as proof that "those MRA's hate women", blah blah blah.  

See what I am saying?
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

dr e

What is your motive for this poll Internetdevil?

napnip

Quote from: "Dr Evil"
Trouble for whoever wants to make it.

I have been involved in assisting people who are in crisis following a trauma of some sort and a common volatile topic is when the people are in gruops and start comparing their trauma with the implication (and sometimes more direct statements) that what they have gone through is worse than the trauma that person b has gone through.  When this happens of course person b is insulted and all hell breaks loose.  Interesting note is that I can't remember a single time when it was the men who were "comparing" it always seems to be the ladies.

Comparing pain almost always leads to misunderstandings and assorted difficulties.  I have yet to see it do any good.  This poll puts us at risk in some ways since if people vote that rape is "less" painful than the other that can be used as proof that "those MRA's hate women", blah blah blah.  

See what I am saying?

It might be a good idea to lock this thread before it comes to that.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
i] We drank our toast to innocence,
We drank our toast to now.
We tried to reach beyond the emptiness,
But neither one knew how. [/i]

Bagu

Maybe Internetdevil would like to start a thread to compare these crimes in  objective terms, like damage rather than pain, in which case a poll isn't so necessary.

Q

<joke>

What is greater violattion?

I'm voting for the third option.   The Greatest Violation is to the English Language

</joke>

Go Up