A male being allowed to breath is abuse of women.

Started by Gabriel, Jul 18, 2004, 11:02 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Gabriel

It appears that many women would choice to cut their clits off rather than admit that men have legitimate complaints, concerns, and grievances.

I have noticed that many women take an attitude that they must disagree with men, otherwise they are failing all women in the battle against men (otherwise known as women's rights). This issue is embodied in the joke "If a man speaks and there isn't a woman around to correct him, is he still wrong?"

Furthermore, the word abuse gets thrown around such that it is becoming that a male being allowed to breath is abuse of women.

angryharry

ttp://www.angryharry.com ... the only site in the entire world with the aforementioned domain address

dr e

I am amazed at how quickly the mantra "You hate women" can be marshalled and used as a quick diversion.  The man must now use his energies to explain that he in no way hates women and of course how can anyone explain what they don't do?  It's a variation on "are you still beating your wife."  

There is a cultural taboo against men stating their needs.  They are encouraged to focus on the needs of women and children but are punished if they focus on their own.  This has been the case for thousands of chivalrous years.  

Hey Harry!  Good to see you.

E
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

Gabriel

Hey Harry, I've been reading your sites for over a year. Initially I thought I was the only one you saw that men are getting screwed and the bias in the news. Finding your site was a relief.

Quote from: "Dr Evil"
I am amazed at how quickly the mantra "You hate women" can be marshalled and used as a quick diversion.  The man must now use his energies to explain that he in no way hates women.

This is why we must not let it bother us by wasting energy defending it. Today being a bitch is something to be proud of, it has no effect if you call a women one.  This is how we must react when someone says you hate women. My answer to the charge "You hate women." or "You're a women hater!" on other forums is usually "Yeah, so, what's your point?" and it deflates them.

neonsamurai

Gabriel said

. My answer to the charge "You hate women." or "You're a women hater!" on other forums is usually "Yeah, so, what's your point?" and it deflates them.

Good answer, but why not try turning it around on them? Why not just say "What? So it's okay for you to hate men, but if I complain about women I'm a woman hater? Isn't that a bit sexist?"

I checked out Assault's posting about his forays into other forums, posting an article by Resa La Ru Kirkland. When I read the responses it quickly fell into the "You hate women", "you need to get out more" kind of rebukes. It was the same when Typhonblue answered a sexist list of men's failings.

I don't think that the people who post such responses realise that we don't much care about what their opinions of us are, we'd rather just get them to explain why are views are wrong or else admit we've got a point.

Heck, at the very least they could try and debate it out.

And if they can't do that they should join the Ms Boards.
Dr. Kathleen Dixon, the Director of Women's Studies: "We forbid any course that says we restrict free speech!"

dr e

Good point Neon, turn it back.  Maybe point out that it is yet another  "false accusation from a woman.  Let's get back to the topic at hand."

The intent of the woman hater comments is to divert attention from a losing argument.  Get things back to the argument at hand and you will win.  Allow her to shift the ground into a battle over whether you hate or not and you lose.
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

Gabriel

Get things back to the argument at hand and you will win.

If this is your objective, then this:

Good answer, but why not try turning it around on them? Why not just say "What? So it's okay for you to hate men, but if I complain about women I'm a woman hater? Isn't that a bit sexist?

Will lead to this:

Allow her to shift the ground into a battle over whether you hate or not and you lose.

End of story.

But if she says "You hate women." And you answer, "Yes I do." You win. The only other alternative is to simply ignore the accusation. Any refutation will lead to a discussion of hatred or non-hatred.

dr e

But if she says "You hate women." And you answer, "Yes I do." You win. The only other alternative is to simply ignore the accusation. Any refutation will lead to a discussion of hatred or non-hatred.

It's hard to imagine how this could be a win.  Either you are misrepresenting yourself and are lying that you hate women or you are admitting to actually hating women.  Either way seems like a lose to me.  Lying sucks and hating women is buying into the same sort of immature crap the radical feminists have been spouting for years.  I don't want any part of that crap, do you?

Pat Kibbon

Here is a winning answer: "If you say so."
"We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paper work is overwhelming."

Gabriel

I will agree with you on this. Lying is always wrong.

Renegade

I am amazed at how quickly the mantra "You hate women" can be marshalled and used as a quick diversion.

Almost two years ago I was reading Misandry: Teaching Contempt for Men in Popular Culture and The Myth of Male Power. While I was discussing some of the articles and content of these books with coworkers, over a period of days, one friend told me that he overheard my name mentioned in a group and I was called a "Bitter woman hater". Note, these books only talk about problems that men have, do NOT promote hatred against women, nor promote anything like taking away female power.

I never talk about misogyny and only talk about "equality", yet this is enough to be considered to be "hating" women.  As Dr Evil pointed out, as long as a man is on the pro-women bandwagon, then society is happy with him. If a man starts to talk about problems that affect men *only*, he is automatically considered to be anti-female, whether or not the problems even directly involve women or not.
"A man chooses. A slave obeys." What if a man 'chooses' to obey, because he is met with scorn, shame and ridicule and rendered a social outcasts if he does not?

D

Stay strong.  I agree that sticking to the issues is fundemental.  "Whether or not I hate women is not the issue, the issue is why does breast cancer get so much more attention than prostate cancer when just as many men die or are diagnosed with it every year?"

That one's an easy one.   DV etc... are the tuff ones.  However governments in Canada are now showing men to be victims of dv, however my belief is that the system is still corrupt and it was their plan like this all along.

Q

"If a man speaks and there isn't a woman around to correct him, is he still wrong?"

Possible response:

If a women speaks and there isn't a man around to hear, is she still a bitch?

CaptDMO

Quote from: "Pat Kibbon"

I don't know...... Personally, I've always used that expression to convey "I'll grant reasonable doubt in this situation" or even" I recognize your knowlege, and my own lack, in this area. I won't even risk a sophist response. However, proceed with caution.". The key word being "If"

When I wish to convey " Look, your full of crap with that poor, juvinile, and transparent attempt at  diversion, shut the f up and stick to the subject at hand.Consider this a tacit warning." ,AND I deem dignity, and civility remain appropriate,I often use "So you say.(cold, and rightious condecention is the essential tone!)However, concerning...."(fill in blank-immidiately going back to subject at hand, without pause for breath)

I realize it's a subtle distinction and ,of course, my own bend. I find "So you say." equally effective as a simple ender to baited discussion, provided it's my final word.

Pat Kibbon

Quote from: "CaptDMO"
Quote from: "Pat Kibbon"

I don't know...... Personally, I've always used that expression to convey "I'll grant reasonable doubt in this situation" or even" I recognize your knowlege, and my own lack, in this area. I won't even risk a sophist response. However, proceed with caution.". The key word being "If"

When I wish to convey " Look, your full of crap with that poor, juvinile, and transparent attempt at  diversion, shut the f up and stick to the subject at hand.Consider this a tacit warning." ,AND I deem dignity, and civility remain appropriate,I often use "So you say.(cold, and rightious condecention is the essential tone!)However, concerning...."(fill in blank-immidiately going back to subject at hand, without pause for breath)

I realize it's a subtle distinction and ,of course, my own bend. I find "So you say." equally effective as a simple ender to baited discussion, provided it's my final word.
I've used the expression verbally in situations other than debating feminists to respond to similar types of accusations.  By tone of voice I convey the message, "You are entitiled to your opinion but it has no general relevance to my actual state of mind."  Afterwards, I continue where we left off.

"So you say",  is an equivalently effective answer.

In fact, in all my years of debating feminists, including the debate in which I am currently involved,  I have never been accused of 'hating women'.  If I were, most likely I would think of a witty quip specifically chosen to appeal to the individual personalities involved,  with the aim of eliciting an amused reaction from the participants, as I quickly return to the discussion at hand.

I once saw a very effective response used by a poster during a heated debate.

She:  "I'm sick and tired of arguing with you and all the other woman haters on this board."

He: (quoting she  - "...woman haters...") (he's words - "Is that how you refer to people who have an opinion that is different from yours?")
"We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paper work is overwhelming."

Go Up