iFeminism is a scam

Started by LST, Aug 21, 2004, 11:14 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Double Jeopardy

Quote from: "MacKenzie"
While I still consider her a supporter, wasn't a key criticism of Wendy (at MND) that she had a unfortunate habit of implying in her articles that she *knew* better than men at what "men's rights" were to be?  A tendency to play "gatekeeper" ?  :wink:

Written articles by Wendy that tend to lend themselves to exactly what you have suggested is by in large what I have seen from Wendy for the most part. She has a website, and a venue to be heard. Others are not as fortunate, being a woman who came out with an angle offering men an olive branch of sorts gave her the edge most men are denied. It's either compete with Wendy or shut up. Not that I necessarily condone bashing her, I do condemn thwarting men with the "What have YOU done" tactic, it isn't a fair playing field and I have seen feminists use this tactic all too often. Watching Wendy or any woman tell men they know what is best for them more than they do themselves, is just like watching a white man tell a native american the same thing. It is suspect, it is going to face opposition. While I appreciate Dr. Evils contention about Wendy, as well as the feminists who are here to bash men on occasion we are told to debate what we oppose, not thwart, challenge negatively, or condescend. It's only fair.

LST8000 has charged that Wendy is a fraud, and I would like to see something more than "I like her, cut it out or else" utlilized in this context. Some of us are undecided, maybe a little more than a "what have YOU done" is in order. I can get that at any feminist forum.

FEMINAZIHATEMARTYR

LST8000 has charged that Wendy is a fraud, and I would like to see something more than "I like her, cut it out or else" utlilized in this context. Some of us are undecided, maybe a little more than a "what have YOU done" is in order. I can get that at any feminist forum.

Perhaps what we're asking for is too much, too soon. I dont believe Wendy is a fraud, just a little naiive. Its the term "Ifeminist" to the average MRA  seems phony (and to the radical feminists as well, hehe but thats ok). Wendy, in probably a naiive way believes that the term "Ifeminist" redefines feminism to mean some kind of "gender equality".  However to ask her to lose the term feminist would be bewildering for her since she might actually believe it to mean such. If she would supplant the word feminist with egalitarian, then this would be more accurate. Howver Ive noticed that politically moderate women dont usually encounter the hubris of radical feminists and naiively consider themselves to be "true feminists" because of their own stance on egalitarianism. They probably dont understand that the terminology itself can be powerfully damaging and are maybe only somewhat aware of all the controversy. This is why I reject the term feminist altogether because of its overall contrived nonsense and confusion.
What good fortune for government that people do not think."
                         Adolph Hitler

"Where madness rules the absurd is not far away."

We must not make the mistake of thinking that all those who eat the bread of dictatorship are evil from the first; but they must necessarily become evil....The curse of a system of terror is that there is no turning back; neither in the large realm of policies nor the 'smaller' realm of everyday human relationships is it possible for men to retrace their steps."
- Dr. Hans Bernd Gisevius
(1904-1974)

LST

Yes, the word "feminist" has been used so many times and in so many different contests that it is completely meaningless, and it is also stupid to use it as a name for an equality movement. Feminism == female supremacy movement.
o pity for feminazis.

dr e

DJ wrote

Read her articles and decide for yourself.  My reading of what she has written over the years tells me that she is an ally to men.  Perhaps you may see it differently.  If someone calls her a fraud it is their responsibility to give evidence for this accusation.  

I will continue to question men about what they have done.  It is essential that we turn the hurt and anger into action.  This is the masculine path.  Turning anger into action.   Only complaining is not nearly as effective.
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

dr e

DJ wrote
While I appreciate Dr. Evils contention about Wendy, as well as the feminists who are here to bash men on occasion we are told to debate what we oppose, not thwart, challenge negatively, or condescend. It's only fair.

What are you talking about?
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

devia

LS8000

All female humans arn't all bad.. honest!

http://www.livejournal.com/community/welikehumans/

P.S

Sorry that the girls in junior high didn't see you as a sex object.

LST

I hate humans, they are terrible. Look at the world around yourself !
Everyone is selfish and filled with vanity and prudishness to no end. Sooner or later this rotten society will explode like a giant cyst, it is just a matter of time !
By the way i didn't seriously mean it when i said that i thought that girls should dream of having sex with me, why would anyone think such a thing. :--/
Also devia: You like humans but you hate men ? Ok.
o pity for feminazis.

Double Jeopardy

Quote from: "devia"
LS8000

P.S

Sorry that the girls in junior high didn't see you as a sex object.

Devia, can you link me to a post where LST8000 stated the girls in junior high didn't think he was a sex object? Or was that just a drive by ad hominem of the junior high level?

VicVanity

Quote from: "Dr Evil"
Wendy has done a great deal to raise awareness about men's issues.  My hat is off to her for her contribution to our cause.  Let any man here who is critical of her who thinks he has done more for our cause than her step forward and tell us what he has accomplished.

Well Doc  , I have taken the time to counsel with men who have been wrongly imprisoned , I have helped looked after the children of men Child wrongly for child support arrearages , I protest  , i write letters to my representatives , I have spit on CSEA workers,  I have went to jail for contempt for Telling a judge he was a criminal supporta system that was criminal  simply to benifit his wallet  . I have donated Time and Money when i had it , I am educating My son and working to educate Men and boys   , I have been down in the trenches . i have fought feminism to the point it left me homeless  for a short period of time  . and well Doc it insults me that you question  What anyan has done for the mens movement When they are hear speaking about feminism in the first place  .  Wendy has ridden on the coat tails of People like Dr Farrel and Sandford Braver  . I highly doubt you will  Say anything to devia for her comment to Lst8000  Just like you let stuff from Alicia and Her go past before  .  . If it wasnt for the posts by Guys like pernicious , stally,Gabriel,Assualt and Shawn  I would not even be wasting my time
quot;Women can help us, but they can't join us. There can be no male/female unity, until there is first some male unity."  Edited from Malcolm X

"Concerning non-violence, it is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks." Malcolm X

"We want freedom by any means necessary. We want justice by any means necessary. We want equality by any means necessary." Malcom X

dr e

Vic said:
I highly doubt you will Say anything to devia for her comment to Lst8000

Just what do you think needs to be done?  What rule has she broken?

DLove

VicVanity, for your efforts we salute you. Each of us should strive to do at least half of what you have done on a consistent basis.

I was quite surprised to hear all the unconditional support for Wendy. I think that the independent feminist (smirk) and their intellectional babble, seems to harbor not on the core issues of the men's movement and the real anger that is smokin' there but the discussion is usually about the softer more palatable ideas that while they provide thoughtful conversation, they are never about core men’s issues that would make her and her articles bullseye pinup targets for the radical feminist. I have too have heard it mentioned that the web site provides 'fodder' for her articles not that that is a bad idea but LS8000 seems to find fault where many others have similar impression and his criticism should not be tossed out like yesterdays garbage, because she is after all a feminist and just how far down the path do you think she will go before it gets a bit distasteful?  I do applaud Wendy and her contributions directed as InternetDevil says towards a True Gender Equality, (Is that like peace on earth?) but I don’t think discussions that compare human equality and correcting the misandry men face today is really productive. We have beaten the (Role of women in MRO's) cow already and since we have all chosen our sides on this issue I think we can each say she has made contributions towards the movement BUT that being said, there are many of us who still wonder how effective can this soft mumbo jumbo be when we believe that angrier, louder and stronger voices is what is needed to be heard.

DLove

VicVanity

Quote from: "Dr Evil"
Vic said:
I highly doubt you will Say anything to devia for her comment to Lst8000

Just what do you think needs to be done?  What rule has she broken?

2. Personal attacks are not allowed.

5. People can fight with each other all they want. As long as they focus on attacking each others ideas then all is good. If people start attacking the individual then then we have a problem.

devia Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:42 pm    Post subject:  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LS8000

P.S

Sorry that the girls in junior high didn't see you as a sex object

i see that as a personal attack  and a violation of rule Number 2 and 5  as posted By one of your mods
quot;Women can help us, but they can't join us. There can be no male/female unity, until there is first some male unity."  Edited from Malcolm X

"Concerning non-violence, it is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks." Malcolm X

"We want freedom by any means necessary. We want justice by any means necessary. We want equality by any means necessary." Malcom X

dr e

Where is the attack in saying that?  It could be taken as a smart ass thing to say but I don't see it as a personal attack.  Please tell me just how you see that as a personal attack?  If we banned people for saying smart ass things a whole lotta folks would be gone by now.  Would you like me to ban Devia for saying this?  If so, then I will go back and look at the last couple of days for people making smart ass comments and ban them too.  Let me know what you would like.

VicVanity

i Makes no diffrence what you do  as it is Your board  it simplys seems to me as there is a diffrent set of rules for diffrent folks  ....

Go Up