Shutting the fuck up, ending my crusade.

Started by Gabriel, Nov 01, 2004, 10:51 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Gabriel

I have decided that my speaking about men's rights and issues facing men will not help further men's rights.

Men are not like women, they are as influencial - women are very trendy, always doing what other women are doing, like wearing the in colors or certain in clothing...

Men need to experience this shit for themselves. They don't trust other men.

I don't want to see this movement become like the South - always claiming to rise again, but never doing it.

If men believe that other men are doing something about it, then they won't feel the need to get involved. I know that was the case with me, I saw all this shit happen and I didn't see anyone doing anything about it and fucking pissed me off.

If men want to put a noose around their neck with marriage, even with all the evidence that that is the stupidest thing a man could do, that is his problem.

My golf instructor said when I first took lessons that after he taught me the right way to swing that my game is going to get a lot worse before it gets better. And he was right.

I will not hold back feminism, I will not fight it. I will let the waters rush in and fuck up all the men out there. Then maybe they will wake up.  

The problem with most men is that they believe that they are in charge and are superior to women, they run the show.... it is a MAN's world (whatever). Whenever I see men like that, I have to laugh because usually it is the woman who runs subtly manipulating the man, he is just too arrogant to realize it.

For those who believe I hate women. I will say this, my favorite author and philosopher is a woman, I thank her for her achievement and how she bettered my life with nearly everything I do.  Ayn Rand.

The women-hater ploy is merely a tactic, it accomplishes two things:

1. I define the extreme position and suddenly you look reasonable in comparison to me. I help to redefine the middle. If things are ever going to get better than there is we are going to need lots of "women-haters"

2. It takes away a weapon that women have use against me. If they say "You hate women!" I can respond "I sure do." and the conversation can move forward. Then these women are not stuck saying that over and over again like a mantra and we move into why I am saying what I am saying.
I suggest you stop with your preaching men's rights as well. That goes for you Southern Guy as well. Stop holding back the water, stop holding down the fort. Men will only wake up when they get shot.

RLA

Gabriel,

I don't treat this forum as a means of furthering the mens movement. I also don't believe that anything other than a small minority of men will ever "stumble" across a site like this and be woken up to their situation. I think men come looking for sites like this or they don't find them.

My point is that the real promotion of men's rights has to take place outside of here. This is place for the testing of ideas, a news place, a venting place and a sort of companion place for like-minded indivduals. But what I don't think it is, is a persuasive place that may take an ignorant male and turn him into an MRA! That's why 99% of what I am doing as an MRA is out in the field, finding means to reach those who are not yet reaching back. As a case in point, if F4J stayed on the internet as solely a website and talking-shop, only we would have heard of them...

But giving up on men is not an option. It's the same argument that is used against men when they don't go to the doctor and take care of their health like women do. Or against boys who supposedly are not doing as well as girls in education. "Men are lazy", "boys are not as clever as girls".

Bullshit!

That's the particular problem in education at present when we design a system that suits only girls, girls do better, and then we say that girls are therefore smarter. Please!

Men and boys are "reached" in different ways to women and girls. That's why we don't buy magazines that say "Stress is making you fat" as another thread mentioned, but many women do like the sound of that headline. We have a different mentality.

Our efforts should be about finding the means to reach men. There is no point using the same means as are used to reach women - women are different and respond differently. We should invent and adjust to ways of reaching men (which has been ignored through history except where military recruitment is concerned) instead of chastising them for not being more like women!

What do you say?
an > Woman
(If women insist on competing)

LST

I agree. Gabriel, you should stick around the boards anyway. Don't take all these things personally, don't be too worried about it.
o pity for feminazis.

alien

Gabriel, I think you should continue to speak for men that can't or don't know how.  It makes a difference believe me. Your contributions here via the threads you create, the debates you participate in, help me and many others  to think about what's really going on.  I am a layperson who doesn't understand the mechanics of politics or the law or many other things to be honest - but I really get this site and I really get the issues that men are facing. There are times when we all shake our heads at the behaviour of some of our brothers - but if we give up we lose not only them - but many others as well.

Fight the good fight.

CaptDMO

Gee Gabriel, sorry to see you sitting on the pitty potty when everyone else doesn't go just the way you promote.

How fortunate your swan song is your "real agenda". Never fear! Those that actually give a crap will remain, and reinforcements will replace you in...say....two seconds.

Have a nice warm cup of freshly brewed Shut the F U on me. Cheers! And take the defeatist attitude with you.

Gerard Velthuis

I do understand Gabriel very well. The amount of men joining the men's movement may grow but so far they still don't do much in public and thus not much will change. Very simple.
This frustrates me as well because I have read many very good stories and many good examples of discrimination or double-standards against men.
All this is very great! But as long as not many men do anything in public NOTHING will change.
t is time men start behaving like men again and stand up for their rights, instead of behaving like conformist push-overs.

Gerard Velthuis

Like the man-tax they want to impose in Sweden. How many men have protested about this?? This is PURE discrimination based on gender! What better example do you need?? But how many men have protested about this?? Probably very few..
If there would be a similar tax against women ALL women would be out on the streets. That's the difference between men and women at the moment.
t is time men start behaving like men again and stand up for their rights, instead of behaving like conformist push-overs.

dr e

My golf instructor said when I first took lessons that after he taught me the right way to swing that my game is going to get a lot worse before it gets better. And he was right.

Exactly.  And oftentimes once we come to full realizations of the misandry and hatred that passes itself off as normal we become enraged.  Seems like a decision to "do nothing" is like going back to your old golf swing.  Sticking with the new swing is a pain in the ass but it pays off in the long run.
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

Double Jeopardy

Quote from: "Gerard Velthuis"
Like the man-tax they want to impose in Sweden. How many men have protested about this?? This is PURE discrimination based on gender! What better example do you need?? But how many men have protested about this?? Probably very few..
If there would be a similar tax against women ALL women would be out on the streets. That's the difference between men and women at the moment.

There is no excuse for men not protesting but before doing the A = B analysis between what women would do as opposed to men always remember that women can protest like a son of a bitch and have little to no consequence for it. Without men protesting this will never change, I agree, lets just not put the cart in front of the horse and be realistic when assessing what woman do over men.

Gerard Velthuis

It is serious time that men also take action and not just bitching in these forums, so how about some action men? Let's also walk the walk

dr e

Yes DJ, and when women protest they are framed by the media as "standing up for what is rightfully theirs" or "claiming their power" or "aren't they brave".  While men who protest are framed as trying to take something away from women.  It all goes back to Chomsky's worthy versus unworthy victims.  We have been taught that women are the worthy victims and men are not.  If a man is protesting it had better be for women or children, not for himself.

We are fighting an uphill battle.
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

Double Jeopardy

Quote from: "Dr Evil"
Yes DJ, and when women protest they are framed by the media as "standing up for what is rightfully theirs" or "claiming their power" or "aren't they brave".  While men who protest are framed as trying to take something away from women.  It all goes back to Chomsky's worthy versus unworthy victims.  We have been taught that women are the worthy victims and men are not.  If a man is protesting it had better be for women or children, not for himself.

We are fighting an uphill battle.

Yes it is an uphill battle, you put it across much better than I did, Dr. Evil.

Sue

The men who have money really don't care if they're paying child support to one or more ex-wives or girlfriends, because these men make more than enough to go places (in their 60K 4X4s) and still have plenty left over to feed a fat 401k.

Graying or thinning hair is more of a problem to these men than feminist judges or tv programs.

Double Jeopardy

Quote from: "Sue"
The men who have money really don't care if they're paying child support to one or more ex-wives or girlfriends, because these men make more than enough to go places (in their 60K 4X4s) and still have plenty left over to feed a fat 401k.

Graying or thinning hair is more of a problem to these men than feminist judges or tv programs.

How many men out there do you think fit that profile, Sue? They are by far not the majority. And I have no idea what man making that money isn't paying the average lower middle class income in child support who isn't bullshit about it. The only difference is where the wife was blowing 20k a year on fluff when he was still married to her, now she gets that portion of his wallet and he gets zip.point.shit.

Galt

Maybe, Sue, but they still may have to cut back on lighting cigars with $100 bills.

Go Up