Mom Collects Child Support from Two Men for Same Child

Started by SouthernGuy, Nov 18, 2004, 11:56 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

SouthernGuy

http://www.fathersandfamilies.org/site/news.php?id=36&PHPSESSID=e92769859aca5077e602b2d29b8df1c4

Recent News

11/12/2004
Neat Trick: Mom Collects Child Support from Two Men for Same Child - and Massachusetts Appeals C

On November 2, 2004, the Massachusetts Appeals Court ruled that a mother would collect child support from two men for the same child (Department Of Revenue v. Ryan R.).

In this case, the mother had a child by Ryan while she was married to Sheldon. Three years later, she and Sheldon filed for bankruptcy.

The next year, Susan instituted divorce proceedings against Sheldon. The court awarded custody to Susan and ordered Sheldon to pay child support despite the fact that he was not the father of the child. The court explained, "...the husband is the only 'father' that the child has known during his life, and as the husband has cared throughout the marriage for the child and there is a bond that exists between the child and the husband... the husband is the 'de facto' father of the child."

Then, hoping to improve her cash-flow, and since Ryan had deeper pockets than her bankrupt ex, Susan filed a complaint for child support from Ryan too.

The court found that Ryan should also pay child support because he is the biological father of the child. But -- surprise, surprise -- after all these years, the courts still have not gotten around to ruling on Ryan's request for custody and/or "visitation."

It gets crazier and crazier...

Ned Holstein, MD, MS
President
Fathers and Families
Boston, MA USA

You'd better watch out when dating those single mothers, you might end up paying for their kids if "de facto father" rulings like this keep up.

SG

LSBeene

Yeah ... I heard this one on Glenn's show.

How f*cked up is this?  A woman who is financially insolvent and had NO moral compass ... oh, yeah, she's going to teach the kids about how to live life.  "best interests of the child" huh?  Only if you want a person to learn to steal for a living.

Steven
'Watch our backs at home, we'll guard the wall over here. You can sleep safe tonight, we'll guard the door."

Isaiah 6:8
"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"

D

God that's the standard in Canada.  Been going on for years, decades in fact.

FEMINAZIHATEMARTYR

When are we going to put an end to the tyrannical reign of family courts??! How much further does this BS need to go?
What good fortune for government that people do not think."
                         Adolph Hitler

"Where madness rules the absurd is not far away."

We must not make the mistake of thinking that all those who eat the bread of dictatorship are evil from the first; but they must necessarily become evil....The curse of a system of terror is that there is no turning back; neither in the large realm of policies nor the 'smaller' realm of everyday human relationships is it possible for men to retrace their steps."
- Dr. Hans Bernd Gisevius
(1904-1974)

Alpha Male

[Deleted by author - my apologies - Just realized this could be construed as advocating violence - rest of message ok I believe]

If this seems extreme then you should consider the extreme destruction doled out to men and children at the hands of the family courts. Seems a bit more reasonable then. Maybe even justified.

I think we are gradually going to see more groups like the Austrailian Black Shirts. It is the proper response when the government oppresses and refuses to respond.

A little revolution now and then is a healthy thing.

Civil Disobedience.

It is used by a lot more groups than you might think to great effect. I salute F4J for applying it. Their willingness to put it on the line is a boon for all men. They deserve thanks.
ies come in three types: Lies, Damn Lies, and Statistics

bd

This has more to do with the State not wanting to help support the child,
they had a 'father' that had a job and some money, so they are making him support the child.  America is suppose to be home of the 'free', but
courts and congress are stripping those freedoms away.  Someone else
is making our decisions and telling us what we are going to do. :evil:

FEMINAZIHATEMARTYR

America is suppose to be home of the 'free', but
courts and congress are stripping those freedoms away. Someone else
is making our decisions and telling us what we are going to do.

Which is precisely why we need to continue to identify and resist this kind of tyranny. Hello bd. :mrgreen:
What good fortune for government that people do not think."
                         Adolph Hitler

"Where madness rules the absurd is not far away."

We must not make the mistake of thinking that all those who eat the bread of dictatorship are evil from the first; but they must necessarily become evil....The curse of a system of terror is that there is no turning back; neither in the large realm of policies nor the 'smaller' realm of everyday human relationships is it possible for men to retrace their steps."
- Dr. Hans Bernd Gisevius
(1904-1974)

D

I say it might just be a bloody revolution.  Let's hope it doesn't get to that point.

I don't advocate violence, but history tells us otherwise.

Stallywood

I think BS like this does incite violence, and tons of resentment/rage. The acts are just not organinzed, and are probably viewed as isolated cases- to be classified as just another instance of violence against women.
You can only beat a dog for so long.....
Stally
Gentleman is a man who consciously serves women. I prefer the golden rule.

Behind every great man, is a
parasite.

Women who say men won't commit, usually aren't worth committing to.

Go Up