Man arrested after bombing of law courts

Started by daksdaddy, Feb 03, 2005, 10:56 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

daksdaddy

This is where I live.

http://www.canada.com/vancouver/story.html?id=c20db34b-ffa1-4fdc-921a-60a203ca80a2

"It's probably somebody upset with a court situation. There's family court there.
t is perhaps a terrible thing to say, but "rights and freedoms we are not willing to fight for are rights and freedoms we don't deserve."

Quasimodo

Jane Hutton, acting executive director of the UBC Robson Square campus, was in the building when she heard the fire alarm go off.

"We all evacuated calmly and went to the plaza, and then the police moved us upstairs," she said.

"It's probably somebody upset with a court situation. There's family court there.

"It's a very sad statement that this is how people deal with those things."

Yes, Janie, it's a very sad statement how family court can drive a man to this. And no, Janie, this is not how typically "people [men] deal with those things." But what is really remarkable is that more men haven't dealt with things this way; it really speaks to the basic decency and patience of most fathers.

One woman -- may have been Christina or Cathy -- speculated that if the tables were turned and women were treated as badly as men are in family court, "blood would flow in the streets."
axine Waters on the 2004 March for Women:
"I have to march because my mother could not have an abortion." ! ! !

Go Up